Jump to content
Hobidyali

Visits and K1 Process

41 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

I am curious to know how long is too long between visits and does this have any negative impact on a K1? My last visit was in April and according to my timeline NOA2 should be end of January, I am thinking to go to Morocco next month but would that gap affect me? Visit is really close to possible interview, would it be best to go , I am afraid of the gap, or would it be more beneficial to be there for the interview? Thanks in advance for your help.

 

I want to congratulate all of those with recent approvals, also for those who are waiting I want to wish you the best of luck on the journey. This process is tough, nerve racking and anxiety filled, I feel you guys' pain, we are all in this together.

 

For all of the moderators and people on here who are already reunited with their partners, thank you for staying a part of this community and helping us who are still in the process.

 

 

Take care everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a question that doesn't have a very clear answer. The CO will likely ask about the last visit and it could be beneficial to say that you had visited again recently. At the same time, going off of other reviews about Casablanca, many times the CO won't ask to look at any additional evidence outside of what was included in the initial petition. How many visits did you make prior to filing the I-129F? 

 

You can't attend the interview with the beneficiary, but they could take your passport with them to prove that you are in the country. But again, often the CO won't look at this or won't care. It still would be nice to be there for the emotional support. 


K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

 

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

 

See my 'About Me' section on my profile for a more detailed step by step journey of our K1 Journey through the Casablanca consulate in Morocco

 

AOS Process    

Spoiler

 

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

 

 

May 2020: ROC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best evidence is that of time together......how many times have you been together?


"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

 

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with any k1 petition the more visits the better, but especially with Morocco.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

That is a question that doesn't have a very clear answer. The CO will likely ask about the last visit and it could be beneficial to say that you had visited again recently. At the same time, going off of other reviews about Casablanca, many times the CO won't ask to look at any additional evidence outside of what was included in the initial petition. How many visits did you make prior to filing the I-129F? 

 

You can't attend the interview with the beneficiary, but they could take your passport with them to prove that you are in the country. But again, often the CO won't look at this or won't care. It still would be nice to be there for the emotional support. 

Three times, this would be my forth, so your suggestion is going again before the interview? Will the gap be looked at in a bad way? Or do they understand about vacation times ? I am just trrying not to make  mistake, I am really scared.

41 minutes ago, missileman said:

The best evidence is that of time together......how many times have you been together?

3 times, this would be my 4th, I am concerned with the gap, would this be questioned? Thanks .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Three times, this would be my forth, so your suggestion is going again before the interview? Will the gap be looked at in a bad way? Or do they understand about vacation times ? I am just trrying not to make  mistake, I am really scared.

Common sense suggests to visit again and it will not have any negative impact at all.

IMO, 3 visits in one year or even 2 years should be enough. The more FaceTime together the better.

As long as the relationship is legit, you are good to go.. I advise you to focus and pinpoint if there are any red flags and tackle those. Casablanca Consulate is not easy and rightfully so; Lots of fraudulent cases in the past. In general, K1 Visas are not easy either, especially in the MENA  regions due to many factors such as being too married or cultural conflicts.

Best of luck to you and you should never be scared; It is what it is :) 

Edited by Derik-Lina

Honest-Love-Respect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

Common sense suggests to visit again and it will not have any negative impact at all.

Thank you so much for your response 😃,  I think you misunderstood my question, I am not saying that visiting again will have a negative impact, common sense dictates that this is the best especially for Morocco, my concern is strictly on whether or not a larger gap between the last visit and interview time will be an issue in their eyes.

Edited by Hobidyali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you so much for your response 😃,  I think you misunderstood my question, I am not saying that visiting again will have a negative impact, common sense dictates that this is the best especially for Morocco, my concern is strictly on whether or not a larger gap between the last visit and interview time will be an issue in their eyes.

Sorry for misunderstanding. In this case, another visit, and very soon, would totally help.

As far as if the gap in visits will be a red flag, I suggest strengthening your case in any

possible way to balance your case as a hole. Who is older? Any similarities in religion,

language in culture? Will you need a Co-sponsor? These are important factors to consider.


Honest-Love-Respect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gap is not that important unless it goes past the 2 year rule

more important is the time spent / length of visits / one week or 10 days is not enough time to know someone/ it is more of a good time vacation

some cannot spend a month or months as we are also trying to work and fulfill the monetary requirerments

but if u can, it is good to stay 2 weeks or longer

i made 5 trips between 2009 and 2015

my trips were

1 month

2 months

3 months

1 month 

3 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Begs the question why you would not want to be together as much as you can.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Begs the question why you would not want to be together as much as you can.

Wow, clearly you either didn't read this right or just enjoy making remarks just for the sake of making them.

 

I am concerned about the fact that I haven't been there since April, as stated I WILL be going back next month, my question was whether they will question why I took so long to return, I haven't returned not because I don't want to as you suggested, but rather because of work and having a sick mother who had a stroke and it has put a toll on things. 

 

Please before you make such insenstitive comments , read the post fully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat OP. I will be going to visit my husband for the 3rd time next month. After that, I will come back for his interview, with any luck , will be some time in April, May or possibly even June. How long have your visits with your partner typically been? I stayed for 3 1/2 weeks the first time, 5 weeks the second time and this 3rd time will unfortunately only be for 2 weeks-_-.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Gap is not that important unless it goes past the 2 year rule

more important is the time spent / length of visits / one week or 10 days is not enough time to know someone/ it is more of a good time vacation

some cannot spend a month or months as we are also trying to work and fulfill the monetary requirerments

but if u can, it is good to stay 2 weeks or longer

i made 5 trips between 2009 and 2015

my trips were

1 month

2 months

3 months

1 month 

3 months

I so wish I could stay that long with my husband. My job would not have that. I was pushing it staying the 5 weeks.

Edited by Apple Bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apple Bee said:

I'm in the same boat OP. I will be going to visit my husband for the 3rd time next month. After that, I will come back for his interview, with any luck , will be some time in April, May or possibly even June. How long have your visits with your partner typically been? I stayed for 3 1/2 weeks the first time, 5 weeks the second time and this 3rd time will unfortunately only be for 2 weeks-_-.

Thank you for your input, how long has it been since you went last? Work makes things so hard with the time off situation, unfortunately not as loong as you, 4,3,2. Next month will be my fourth , so you will go next month and again for his interview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you for your input, how long has it been since you went last? Work makes things so hard with the time off situation, unfortunately not as loong as you, 4,3,2. Next month will be my fourth , so you will go next month and again for his interview? 

first visit was April-May 2018 then again August-Sept 2018 and this 3rd one will be for 2 weeks at the end of January... I definitely plan to be there for his interview for emotional support and hopefully the consular officer knowing I am there will show we are sincere. The fact that we married on the first visit is a big "red flag" that we have to work to overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×