Hobidyali

Visits and K1 Process

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't confuse K-1 with IR-1/CR-1.  Time spent together and multiple visits (if living apart) is important AFTER marriage, as evidence of "ongoing marital union" is required with the IR-1/CR-1 petition.  For K-1, no such evidence is expected, read the form--all you need is evidence of meeting at least once in person in the two years before filing, the required petition form, required documents, and letters indicating that you want to marry each other.  Often we see here on VJ cases of applicants who think a K-1 application is the same as a IR-1/CR-1 and it gets them in trouble because they try to show so much bona fide relationship evidence that the CO denies the K-1 visa because they appear to be married, not engaged.  So read the K-1 guides carefully and don't go overboard with relationship evidence.  If your K-1 gets denied, which is the norm for Morocco, then file CR-1 and load up on relationship evidence and time spent together, but for K-1 it is not expected and can even get you denied.  

Grea

27 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Don't confuse K-1 with IR-1/CR-1.  Time spent together and multiple visits (if living apart) is important AFTER marriage, as evidence of "ongoing marital union" is required with the IR-1/CR-1 petition.  For K-1, no such evidence is expected, read the form--all you need is evidence of meeting at least once in person in the two years before filing, the required petition form, required documents, and letters indicating that you want to marry each other.  Often we see here on VJ cases of applicants who think a K-1 application is the same as a IR-1/CR-1 and it gets them in trouble because they try to show so much bona fide relationship evidence that the CO denies the K-1 visa because they appear to be married, not engaged.  So read the K-1 guides carefully and don't go overboard with relationship evidence.  If your K-1 gets denied, which is the norm for Morocco, then file CR-1 and load up on relationship evidence and time spent together, but for K-1 it is not expected and can even get you denied.  

Perfect, thank you, makes total sense. 

58 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

first visit was April-May 2018 then again August-Sept 2018 and this 3rd one will be for 2 weeks at the end of January... I definitely plan to be there for his interview for emotional support and hopefully the consular officer knowing I am there will show we are sincere. The fact that we married on the first visit is a big "red flag" that we have to work to overcome.

Seems like you are on a roll lol, that's awesome that you have been able to spend such a good amount of time with him and frequently. I really wish you a good outcome, you say your interview should be sometime in the summer correct? How have you been coping with the separation, rough isn't it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Seems like you are on a roll lol, that's awesome that you have been able to spend such a good amount of time with him and frequently. I really wish you a good outcome, you say your interview should be sometime in the summer correct? How have you been coping with the separation, rough isn't it?

Thank you, I hope for a good outcome as well inshallah. We just want to start our lives together already, just like everyone else here still going through this grueling process. I'm just guess-timating that he would have his interview between April-June 2019. That's if there are no hiccups along the way and everything continues to go smoothly.

The separation is hard. We try to deal by keeping in constant communication. We text all day, we video chat every night before bed and even sometimes when I'm at work lol. Now Morocco is 6 hours ahead of where I am in the US so we can only chat for a short time before he's tired and ready for bed since he also works.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

4 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

Thank you, I hope for a good outcome as well inshallah. We just want to start our lives together already, just like everyone else here still going through this grueling process. I'm just guess-timating that he would have his interview between April-June 2019. That's if there are no hiccups along the way and everything continues to go smoothly.

The separation is hard. We try to deal by keeping in constant communication. We text all day, we video chat every night before bed and even sometimes when I'm at work lol. Now Morocco is 6 hours ahead of where I am in the US so we can only chat for a short time before he's tired and ready for bed since he also works.

Yes, the 6 hours is grueling, April to June is probably it if everything goes smoothly which hopefully it does. He should aslo be having his interview in that time frame as well if all goes ok, all we can do is hope for the best. I understand the constant communication, he's my heart honestly, it's a tough situation, I feel your pain .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The ONLY time I have seen this is when the couple engaged in a ceremony which appeared to show they were married.  I have NEVER seen a couple denied because they had too many visits or because they provided too much evidence of a relationship!!

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Not true in Morocco

we need several visits even for a K1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

I so wish I could stay that long with my husband. My job would not have that. I was pushing it staying the 5 weeks.

any visit over 2 weeks is good    5 is great   / just for morocco and your love, don't give up

incha allah  all will go as u hope

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

any visit over 2 weeks is good    5 is great   / just for morocco and your love, don't give up

incha allah  all will go as u hope

Inshallah. Thank you for the encouraging words

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

10 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

Wow, clearly you either didn't read this right or just enjoy making remarks just for the sake of making them.

I am concerned about the fact that I haven't been there since April, as stated I WILL be going back next month, my question was whether they will question why I took so long to return, I haven't returned not because I don't want to as you suggested, but rather because of work and having a sick mother who had a stroke and it has put a toll on things. 

Please before you make such insenstitive comments , read the post fully.

they might ask when is the petitioner last visit and if they ask why it took too long before you can visit again just be honest in everything.. my fiance (now husband ) last visit was april to May 2018(2 weeks stay) and when he went back to US our case was been ready and we start gathering requirements and schedule my interview.this was in Philippines though

For Morocco the more visits the better.

Remembering, when giving advice it's best to take the OP's embassy into consideration. Most people have to have pretty heavy relationship proof and physical time spent together to get approved from the OP's embassy for K-1. This is an embassy that will usually deny K-1 to basically force a marriage to see if they will get married and go through the CR-1 process.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

8 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

they might ask when is the petitioner last visit and if they ask why it took too long before you can visit again just be honest in everything.. my fiance (now husband ) last visit was april to May 2018(2 weeks stay) and when he went back to US our case was been ready and we start gathering requirements and schedule my interview.this was in Philippines though

Thank you, finally Simone who actually responded what I was actually asking 🙄. Yes, in my case , work and sick mom stopped me from going before, i am going next month , it will be none months at that point from last visit. I am hoping him being honest will be good enough and I will also be at his interview so I am hopeful all will be ok. This would be my 4th visit in a year and a half so it's not like I haven't seen him enough, thanks again for the info.

4 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you, finally Simone who actually responded what I was actually asking 🙄. Yes, in my case , work and sick mom stopped me from going before, i am going next month , it will be none months at that point from last visit. I am hoping him being honest will be good enough and I will also be at his interview so I am hopeful all will be ok. This would be my 4th visit in a year and a half so it's not like I haven't seen him enough, thanks again for the info.

your situation and mine is sound the same except im from Philippines..just tell your fiance not to say something suspicious to the CO during the interview.. should be relax, confident on everything and smile.. I know its hard to do this when the CO start their intimidating face but they are just human.. i hope your fiance know some english because thats one of the key that will prove that you two are in a relationship and understand each other. i know because during my interview the CO thought i don't speak english and she start looking angry i was just lil nervous but i pulled myself together and confidently answers all her questions and she was amaze and start questioning me again...its not just my story im just telling you the reality during the BIG DAY! 

enjoy your vacation with your love next month 😊

my face to face meeting with fiance before↓↓↓

december 2016(3days) 

March 2017(2 weeks)

September 2017(2weeks)

October 2017(we file i129f)

may 2018   (17 days)

case ready (june 2018)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.