Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Just now, stacyt said:

I was just curious why USCIS website shows 5 different offices apart from NBC when you get estimates 

Sorry what do you mean? Can you provide a link that explains....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Sorry what do you mean? Can you provide a link that explains....

Select I-765 here and see the office selection: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

8 minutes ago, stacyt said:

Select I-765 here and see the office selection: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I guess I shouldnt have assumed you are a K1 filing for EAD under category C9 like the majority of us are on the thread. 

The other FOs deal with different filing categories/different visa types. If you scroll near the bottom where it states the actual dates they are currently processing you will see what categories/visa types are processed where.

The NBC handles I765 applications for AOS applicants under category C9 and I131 applications for Advanced Parole only (not reentry permits etc)

Other service centres process I765 and I131 for other filing categories. You can scroll to the bottom of all of the service centers for I765 as an example, and select a different SC and see the different categories.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I guess I shouldnt have assumed you are a K1 filing for EAD under category C9 like the majority of us are on the thread. 

The other FOs deal with different filing categories/different visa types. If you scroll near the bottom where it states the actual dates they are currently processing you will see what categories/visa types are processed where.

The NBC handles I765 applications for AOS applicants under category C9 and I131 applications for Advanced Parole only (not reentry permits etc)

Other service centres process I765 and I131 for other filing categories. You can scroll to the bottom of all of the service centers for I765 as an example, and select a different SC and see the different categories.

Yes, I’m a K-1 filer 😊

i just had bo idea what offices handle what. I wish they could process me in California, where waiting time is 2-5 months for EAD😞

37 minutes ago, stacyt said:

Yes, I’m a K-1 filer 😊

i just had bo idea what offices handle what. I wish they could process me in California, where waiting time is 2-5 months for EAD😞

Lol dont we all. Dont we all.

Question - for those people who don't get any notification of "finger prints received", "finger prints processed", etc online - do they still eventually see updates online such as, "interview ready to schedule", "interview scheduled"? Or do these individuals typically at some point just get an NOA in the mail saying this is your interview date? It seems as though individuals that actually get the finger print notifications get more updates online in general than some others... just wondering what those who have had "fee for fingerprints received" for months eventually have their status change to online, if at all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, bebkay said:

People have been getting updates on both old and new so I’ve been checking both and no update from my biometrics I did on 1/3 so figured I’d ask where you saw yours. I’m guessing your update is regarding the RFE?

what is the new site again?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all!

I am glad to have found you guys.

NO1 is 12/21 and biometric was taken on 01/17.

I am From Brazil and come with B2 visa. I can’t wait to get everything done.

Sidebar, I have heard that processing time are faster, is it true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Good Morning everyone! We filed for AOS from a K1 visa last month, NOA1 is 27dec and I had my biometrics appointment in Baltimore on the 15th of January. Yesterday I received a yellow “courtesy letter” from USCIS stating that my application was missing a complete and signed i693. The thing is I did not submit that as I sent my ds-3025 (vaccination documentation worksheet, completed and NOT expired). So at this point I am a bit confused, they are not asking to send anything over but to bring a new i693 when My interview will he scheduled. Has anyone received the same letter and could help me figure this headache out?! Thank you!!!

23 minutes ago, Ambra said:

Good Morning everyone! We filed for AOS from a K1 visa last month, NOA1 is 27dec and I had my biometrics appointment in Baltimore on the 15th of January. Yesterday I received a yellow “courtesy letter” from USCIS stating that my application was missing a complete and signed i693. The thing is I did not submit that as I sent my ds-3025 (vaccination documentation worksheet, completed and NOT expired). So at this point I am a bit confused, they are not asking to send anything over but to bring a new i693 when My interview will he scheduled. Has anyone received the same letter and could help me figure this headache out?! Thank you!!!

It's a courtesy letter not an RFE. It's common. They dont know that you've already submitted your medical at your POE. Your medical results are sitting in some file somewhere at USCIS and will be waiting for you at your interview when they finally decide to amalgamate your AOS file with the rest of your file at USCIS.

If you filed AOS within one year of your medical date and you fulfilled all of the vaccination requirements at that overseas medical, you wont need another medical. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woke up and saw on my email that 2 letters from USCIS coming through delivery.😕 waiting for the 3-7 pm mailman. Meanwhile I fret about what could it be? 😓

No change to my case status on old & new website, or case tracker app.

Edited by C💏A

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question about taxes. Since my Adjustment of Status is still pending, I am not a resident alien, right? We read though that if one of the couple is resident or US citizen, the non-resident spouse is treated as resident alien even if she/he is not. Should we file taxes married/jointly/resident alien or married/separately? (In which case my spouse would file and would not because I don't have 2018 income abroad or in the US?)

I'm trying to add my paper-filed case to "my.uscis.account" so i can track my i-485 application and i keep getting this message

"There was an error syncing your case. Try again in a few minutes."

Has anyone else received this error? I've been getting this message for most of the morning..

1 hour ago, Gamisha said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question about taxes. Since my Adjustment of Status is still pending, I am not a resident alien, right? We read though that if one of the couple is resident or US citizen, the non-resident spouse is treated as resident alien even if she/he is not. Should we file taxes married/jointly/resident alien or married/separately? (In which case my spouse would file and would not because I don't have 2018 income abroad or in the US?)

Were in the exact same situation & really confused as to what to do right now :(

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.