Sarge2155

December 2018 I-129F (K1) Filers

866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just letting everyone know, I got approved today! I am so overwhelmed and excited right now.

NOA 1 Dec, 29, 2018

NOA 2 April, 3, 2019

Just to let you  guys know, I did not receive any notifications. No emails, no text, no mail yet. The old USCIS didn't show the update that it was approved but the new one did! So keep an eye on both sites just in case. 

1 minute ago, ecstaticrobot said:

Just letting everyone know, I got approved today! I am so overwhelmed and excited right now.

NOA 1 Dec, 29, 2018

NOA 2 April, 3, 2019

Just to let you  guys know, I did not receive any notifications. No emails, no text, no mail yet. The old USCIS didn't show the update that it was approved but the new one did! So keep an eye on both sites just in case. 

Congrats  December  is on fire!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ecstaticrobot said:

NOA 1 Dec, 29, 2018

NOA 2 April, 3, 2019

Wow congratulations 😊. May i please know the new website? I am just looking at the USCIS site with their case status. Cant help but feel a bit impatient 😬

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

Wow congratulations 😊. May i please know the new website? I am just looking at the USCIS site with their case status. Cant help but feel a bit impatient 😬

Old Site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

New Site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ecstaticrobot said:

Thank you so much and again, congratulations. 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, ecstaticrobot said:

NOA 1 Dec, 29, 2018

NOA 2 April, 3, 2019

Not sure how to edit my post but it looks like I did indeed receive an email at 5am. 

2 minutes ago, ecstaticrobot said:

Not sure how to edit my post but it looks like I did indeed receive an email at 5am. 

You have 5 min after you post a comment to change it. Look for the "edit" icon at the end of your post to make changes. Once it hits 5 min there is nothing that you can do but contact a MOD to delete the post. MOD's are not there to correct "wrong" information or misspellings. JFYI

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 minutes ago, ecstaticrobot said:

U have conflicting dates. Noa1 on timeline says 12/24 and here u say its 12/29?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MsNina said:

U have conflicting dates. Noa1 on timeline says 12/24 and here u say its 12/29?

Yeah for some reason both sites show different NOAs. At first I was using the old site which shows 12/24 but on the new site it shows 12/29. I don't really get why, at first I was worried that I typed in the wrong petition ID but that wasn't the case.

YO2QQEw.jpg

Edited by ecstaticrobot

2 hours ago, ecstaticrobot said:

Yeah for some reason both sites show different NOAs. At first I was using the old site which shows 12/24 but on the new site it shows 12/29. I don't really get why, at first I was worried that I typed in the wrong petition ID but that wasn't the case.

YO2QQEw.jpg

Dates have no baring on your case. Just ignore. No one has yet to explain that issue. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, ecstaticrobot said:

YO2QQEw.jpg

Haha USCIS is funny.. we don't even have a received date on the new site, it simply says "we received your case and you don't have to do anything at this point" or something like that, old site looks like yours and says dec 5th, I refuse to think there's anything wrong :D So on a more important notice: Congrats on your approval!!! That was super quick, nice to see that stuff is actually moving :) 

9 minutes ago, Kat & K said:

Haha USCIS is funny.. we don't even have a received date on the new site, it simply says "we received your case and you don't have to do anything at this point" or something like that, old site looks like yours and says dec 5th, I refuse to think there's anything wrong :D So on a more important notice: Congrats on your approval!!! That was super quick, nice to see that stuff is actually moving :) 

I feel u. I wish i was first tho!😭 and those are not noa1 dates. Tho noa1 date is on the notice. The websites show received dates..i've seen this message you have elsewhere..

Its not sumthing to worry abput. ❤🙏🏾

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, ecstaticrobot said:

The (unproven) theory I have that old site (and by extension all of these unofficial "case tracker" people like to use) shows "received" date while "new" site shows notice date. If you look at your paper NOA1 (Form I-797C) you will see 2 dates on it. VJ recommends to use "Notice date" on the timeline, and it makes sense. as it is actual notice date. Received date is also important  as it is in fact your "priority date" and you will be asked about it later when doing DS-160 before the interview, and then later again when doing your AoS after entering US.

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Also reminder to folks: Once you get your NOA2 (Approval), scan it/take good picture of it immediately, you will need a copy of it to send with your AoS and you do not want it going missing! 

12 minutes ago, Shiran said:

The (unproven) theory I have that old site (and by extension all of these unofficial "case tracker" people like to use) shows "received" date while "new" site shows notice date. If you look at your paper NOA1 (Form I-797C) you will see 2 dates on it. VJ recommends to use "Notice date" on the timeline, and it makes sense. as it is actual notice date. Received date is also important  as it is in fact your "priority date" and you will be asked about it later when doing DS-160 before the interview, and then later again when doing your AoS after entering US.

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Also reminder to folks: Once you get your NOA2 (Approval), scan it/take good picture of it immediately, you will need a copy of it to send with your AoS and you do not want it going missing! 

Thanks..but this is not entirely accurate as my noa1 notice date is completely different. Thats why i said the websites show received dates. Im not sure if people are using the noa1 date from the actual notice or if they are refering to what they see online...🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️..either way i still believe they process by received date in any event. Thats why we see all the crazy noa1 dates getting apprpved "early" bcuz it was actually received before the actual NOTICE date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, MsNina said:

Thanks..but this is not entirely accurate as my noa1 notice date is completely different. Thats why i said the websites show received dates. Im not sure if people are using the noa1 date from the actual notice or if they are refering to what they see online...🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️..either way i still believe they process by received date in any event. Thats why we see all the crazy noa1 dates getting apprpved "early" bcuz it was actually received before the actual NOTICE date.

Correct, they do process by received date (which is what later becomes priority date) I can even see it hand written on our approved 129F. I think the difference you see in some people getting approved sooner rather than later is result of batching process. Imagine Alice takes a stack of applications 1-100, Bob takes 101 to 200. You will now see application 1-10 and 101-110 approve first at roughly same time. If Alice works super fast, after she is done with her batch, she will pick up 201-300 while people are wondering why 200 being approved when 150 is not done yet as an example. This is purely speculation btw on my part.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.