1,198 posts in this topic

Just got an email that my status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

The old website says case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but the new my.uscis website still says case received at my local office.

I-751 timeline:

• 12/04/2018: Mailed I-751 with divorce waiver
  • 12/19/2018: Received by USCIS
  • 5/02/2019: Biometrics appointment
  • 5/03/2019: Case updated to show Fingerprints were taken and applied to my case 
  • 1/28/2020: Received an RFE
  • 2/05/2020: Response To Request For Evidence Was Received by USCIS
  • 8/12/2020: Case received at my local office
  • 9/16/2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 2/24/2021: Case scheduled for an interview
  • 4/06/2021: Interview done
  • 4/13/2022: Surprise Interview done at  my house
  • 12/08/2022: I-751 with divorce waiver APPROVED!
  • 12/21/2022: 10 yr Green Card Received.

N-400 timeline:

• 01/26/2022: Applied online and received by USCIS, Informed of Biometrics reuse
  • 06/17/2022: Interview scheduled
  • 08/04/2022: Interview done. Passed English and Civics test but no decision could be made due to my pending I-751
  • 06/08/2023: Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
  • 06/22/2023: Oath Ceremony - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

17 hours ago, Positive_Vibes said:

Just got an email that my status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

The old website says case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but the new my.uscis website still says case received at my local office.

Same here, my case was transferred a few weeks ago and now this. Has anyone had an interview recently? What can I expect and what should I do to prepare? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sneakerpimpz21 said:

Has anyone here filed their I-751 along with a dependent child/children? Did you receive a biometrics appointment for them? Did y'all get your 10yr GC already?

I had one. He got his bio appointment 1 month and 1 week after I had mine. We had a combo interview so we never got the card but went straight to citizenship. (I-751 of course approved at N-400 interview)

19 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

I had one. He got his bio appointment 1 month and 1 week after I had mine. We had a combo interview so we never got the card but went straight to citizenship. (I-751 of course approved at N-400 interview)

How old is your dependent? Did you apply for your dependent's N400 when you applied for yours?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sneakerpimpz21 said:

How old is your dependent? Did you apply for your dependent's N400 when you applied for yours?

Mine is 14. No you don't apply for a child under 18 for N-400. They will automatically become a citizen when you do. (if under 18, in your custody and a GC holder)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

My husband had his N400 interview and it couldnt be approved because they had "no documentation of I751 on file". We have no idea what to do now and the officers couldnt give us any answers. They made it seem like our case got sucked into a black hole to pend indefinitely somewhere between Vermont and NJ.

They gave us a passport stamp valid until 10/2021. No end in sight, with no idea whats actually going on. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

My husband had his N400 interview and it couldnt be approved because they had "no documentation of I751 on file". We have no idea what to do now and the officers couldnt give us any answers. They made it seem like our case got sucked into a black hole to pend indefinitely somewhere between Vermont and NJ.

They gave us a passport stamp valid until 10/2021. No end in sight, with no idea whats actually going on. 

So sorry to hear that happened. Contact your congressman and see if they can get some answers for you. Other option would be to submit request with ombudsman.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Timeline
7 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

Oh, no! I am shocked. Uscis just having fun of us! I would say that it is not my problem whatever issues you have, i am a lawful immigrant, i paid service fee, i successfully passed interview and i need my documents to be done. I can not believe that something like that can happened. So so sorry........

I guess my I751 filed in December 2018 is finally done. I filed N400 in November last year and I just had my N400/I751 combo interview yesterday. If it helps anyone, my process was:

- Submit application

- Get scheduled for biometrics about a month later

- Do biometrics and then wait.. no case updates at all until last month I got a notice that my I751 was transferred to NBC then a few days later to my local office, and then a week or two later my N400 interview notice was sent out.

good luck everyone.

n400

11/12/19 - filed

12/06/19 - biometrics

08/24/19 - interview scheduled

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 1:44 AM, cam.chuong said:

Anyone here still waiting for I751 filed from May 2019

Yes, we filed at the end of June 2019. Biometics in the fall. Case status since Jan 2020, says waiting for interview to be scheduled. I've done 3 case inquiries this year and the response was that they were closed from March to June 4 and now beginning interviews. However, we have received no notice in the mail. I've been scared we missed the notice....but it appears not.  On the website the processing time says 17 to 44 months!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Our I751 was finally approved yesterday. We contacted our senator (made sure it was the one up for election) and two days later our I751 was magically found after being "lost" and approved!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/18/2020 at 7:52 AM, KatB said:

Same here, my case was transferred a few weeks ago and now this. Has anyone had an interview recently? What can I expect and what should I do to prepare? 

Why are you scheduled for interview did you get a Rfe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, Positive_Vibes said:

Why did you get a RFE and did you submit all they asked for in the RFE i recently submitted a response for my RFE so now im waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.