1,198 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2020 at 1:34 PM, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Why are you scheduled for interview did you get a Rfe

No RFE, but I did not have an interview for AOS so I assume that's why I'm having one now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, KatB said:

No RFE, but I did not have an interview for AOS so I assume that's why I'm having one now.

Ok yes make sense 

• 3 months later...

Anyone with any updates? My i-751 was received on December 19, 2018, last update was September 16, 2020 that it's ready to be scheduled for interview and no update since then.

I-751 timeline:

• 12/04/2018: Mailed I-751 with divorce waiver
  • 12/19/2018: Received by USCIS
  • 5/02/2019: Biometrics appointment
  • 5/03/2019: Case updated to show Fingerprints were taken and applied to my case 
  • 1/28/2020: Received an RFE
  • 2/05/2020: Response To Request For Evidence Was Received by USCIS
  • 8/12/2020: Case received at my local office
  • 9/16/2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 2/24/2021: Case scheduled for an interview
  • 4/06/2021: Interview done
  • 4/13/2022: Surprise Interview done at  my house
  • 12/08/2022: I-751 with divorce waiver APPROVED!
  • 12/21/2022: 10 yr Green Card Received.

N-400 timeline:

• 01/26/2022: Applied online and received by USCIS, Informed of Biometrics reuse
  • 06/17/2022: Interview scheduled
  • 08/04/2022: Interview done. Passed English and Civics test but no decision could be made due to my pending I-751
  • 06/08/2023: Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
  • 06/22/2023: Oath Ceremony - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

2 hours ago, Positive_Vibes said:

Anyone with any updates? My i-751 was received on December 19, 2018, last update was September 16, 2020 that it's ready to be scheduled for interview and no update since then.

hopefully this will give you an idea but at the same time, hopefully things are a bit different now and your case will be handled faster?  Of course, covid has a lot to do with it as well. They stated via that they were completely shut down for several months? Who knows.

Filed in June 2019, date received in late July 2019. Status as of January 2020 was ready to be scheduled for interview and just this week, February 9th, 2021 we received notice by mail to appear for an interview next month.  All last year, basically nothing happened. I did send case status requests at least 4 times through the year only to receive noticed by email months later that the case was on schedule.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got mail that my interview for naturalization is on March 10, 2021.

Submitted I751 application in Dec 2018

Submitted N400 application online in Dec 2019 

Did you guys upload latest employment information in "document" section?

17 hours ago, Positive_Vibes said:

Same here. Case received on the same date, last update September 17 2020 'ready to be scheduled for interview'. Unbelievably this is still not outside normal processing time?!? I also submitted N400 in October 2020 and nothing more than 'application was received' has happened. So frustrating and disheartening. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone an an update. My case status finally changed to " On February 24, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice." 

I-751 timeline:

• 5/03/2019: Case updated to show Fingerprints were taken and applied to my case 

N-400 timeline:

• 01/26/2022: Applied online and received by USCIS, Informed of Biometrics reuse
  • 08/04/2022: Interview done. Passed English and Civics test but no decision could be made due to my pending I-751

On 3/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Positive_Vibes said:

Just wanted to give everyone an an update. My case status finally changed to " On February 24, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice." 

That’s great news!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I had my N400 interview today and after interview, interviewer told me decision is still pending because I did not have interview for I751 yet. They will mail me letter for further instructions. Possible results:

1. They will ask for further documentation and continue to review 

2. I will need to bring my wife with me for I751 interview 

3. They will approve me case and ask me to come for oath ceremony 

I751 application date: Dec 05, 2018

N400 application date: Dec 08, 2019

Has anyone had similar experience and what was the outcome?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Why did you get a RFE and did you submit all they asked for in the RFE i recently submitted a response for my RFE so now im waiting.

Because they said I didn't provide enough evidence of a bona fide marriage even though I originally sent Apartment Leases, Tax Transcripts from the IRS, Utility Bills, Driver's Licenses showing same address, Joint Checking and Savings Bank Statements, Life Insurance Policy,  multiple photos, Travel Itineraries, cards received from family members and friends, social media posts, etc.

I didn't have much more evidence to send in the RFE so I just sent Sworn Affidavits from friends, papers showing we adopted a dog together, other photos not included in my original package, re-sent Tax Transcripts from the IRS and Joint Checking/Savings Bank Statements.

In addition, I had my interview yesterday and the IO claimed there were no Travel Itineraries in my file,  my Joint Checking Bank Statements didn't show co-mingling of our finances, she claimed it only showed my ex-spouse's direct deposits from work (which isn't true because we paid our bills and rent from that account and I deposited money every month in that account). She also claimed that they found out from the DMV that we had separate addresses which also isn't true because we lived in the same apartment together for 8 years straight and never moved, so I have no idea what she's talking about or what other address the DMV could possibly have on file... She concluded the interview by telling me due to COVID she still has a lot of files to review and that I should expect to wait another 90 days MINIMUM before receiving a decision. 

I-751 timeline:

N-400 timeline:

Timeline
5 hours ago, Positive_Vibes said:

Because they said I didn't provide enough evidence of a bona fide marriage even though I originally sent Apartment Leases, Tax Transcripts from the IRS, Utility Bills, Driver's Licenses showing same address, Joint Checking and Savings Bank Statements, Life Insurance Policy,  multiple photos, Travel Itineraries, cards received from family members and friends, social media posts, etc.

I didn't have much more evidence to send in the RFE so I just sent Sworn Affidavits from friends, papers showing we adopted a dog together, other photos not included in my original package, re-sent Tax Transcripts from the IRS and Joint Checking/Savings Bank Statements.

In addition, I had my interview yesterday and the IO claimed there were no Travel Itineraries in my file,  my Joint Checking Bank Statements didn't show co-mingling of our finances, she claimed it only showed my ex-spouse's direct deposits from work (which isn't true because we paid our bills and rent from that account and I deposited money every month in that account). She also claimed that they found out from the DMV that we had separate addresses which also isn't true because we lived in the same apartment together for 8 years straight and never moved, so I have no idea what she's talking about or what other address the DMV could possibly have on file... She concluded the interview by telling me due to COVID she still has a lot of files to review and that I should expect to wait another 90 days MINIMUM before receiving a decision. 

Wow that’s just crazy I see people send less than what we sent and got their 10 year we are now scheduled for interview Since March waiting on interview date hope it’s sooner than later. Did you bring a lawyer and did they separate you? 

8 hours ago, fancyfacetammy28 said:

Wow that’s just crazy I see people send less than what we sent and got their 10 year we are now scheduled for interview Since March waiting on interview date hope it’s sooner than later. Did you bring a lawyer and did they separate you? 

No, I did not bring a lawyer. I’m divorced so it was a solo interview. 
Hope you get your date sooner than later also. I waited another 6 months for an interview after my status changed to “Ready to be scheduled” 

I-751 timeline:

N-400 timeline:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, Positive_Vibes said:

No, I did not bring a lawyer. I’m divorced so it was a solo interview. 
Hope you get your date sooner than later also. I waited another 6 months for an interview after my status changed to “Ready to be scheduled” 

Ok good I finally got schedule for an interview after a month and few days so I guess it’s not bad. I so want to be done with this whole process. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so frustrated. I submitted a case enquiry at the end of March as my case was FINALLY out of normal processing time. No response for 30 days, so tried to submit another only to find the processing times at Nebraska have changed and now I have to wait another month. Calling gets me nowhere. I've also submitted my information to the ombudsman and nothing has happened there either. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.