1,198 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finally!! I just received text and email yesterday and today, which states that "new card is in production" and " my case was approved"

PS: I had both I-751 and N-400 pending. However, my I751 is approved and N-400 has no movement

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
28 minutes ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Finally!! I just received text and email yesterday and today, which states that "new card is in production" and " my case was approved"

PS: I had both I-751 and N-400 pending. However, my I751 is approved and N-400 has no movement

Lucky that you didn't have to wait for a combo interview, getting the ROC done is such a great feeling. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Libya
Timeline
8 hours ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Congrats!! what was your status before this and when did you apply for the i751?

6 minutes ago, borzii said:

Congrats!! what was your status before this and when did you apply for the i751?

Thank you!

The status before was "We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case." Then suddenly it changed to "We ordered your new card." yesterday. This morning it changed to "case was approved".

I applied in 12/27/2018. So its about 15.5 months since I applied.

Hope that help!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Thank you!

The status before was "We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case." Then suddenly it changed to "We ordered your new card." yesterday. This morning it changed to "case was approved".

Hope that help!

Hi Justwaiting2018. 

So happy to read your post since I'm having a very similar to your timeline and still waiting. I really regretted that I applied N-400 while I-751 is pending since the waiting seems to be stretched out endlessly. 

I really hope that my I-751 would end up like yours. 

When was your I-751's status changed to "transferred to another office"? 

Mine was transferred from Jan 2020. It's been 4 months already and still nothing :(

Hi Guys, I have been a silent follower of VJ for years, I think its time to come break my wonderful news and give useful tips on how I was able to scale through the crazy process with the Grace of God.

Total processing time for my case  : 18 months and 20 days exactly Texas SRC Filer .

I was sent RFE in February 2020 ,  same week we moved from our residence of 3 years ,I know  it might take forever to finally get it in new updated mail , so I  updated my new address online  and  get on the phone with USCIS Agents , the first immigration that called me was not friendly , he insisted I wait till I receive it in the mail. That might take forever.  I never gave up. I got on the phone again few days after , fortunately , a friendly officer called and emailed me the RFE immediately while we were having conversation .

My marriage was having issues since a year now , me and Hubby living separately since February 2020 when our lease ended , My U.S Citizen Spouse insisted she is not including me in her new lease . So you guys should note I did not submit a new lease with my RFE,  But we have enough evidence and we were very  cordial with each other and I still use  her home address for all my correspondence . You can see list of what I submitted in the cover letter sample we both wrote to USCIS and signed below.

Few days ago, I called to enquire about why my case was taking longer than necessary and why was it sent to local field office. 2 officers told me at different times  that it is a must that we will be invited for interview once the office is open again after covid-19. I kept praying and believing God will work miracles and as  a Muslim , Its Ramadan season and I was crying to God everyday to intervene. As I know our interview may not go well , we are not living together for now.

SRC FILER TEXAS

10/22/2018- Filed jointly and sent  I-751 Removal Of Condition Application  

11/01/2018- Notice of Acceptance Received

11/6/2018- Finger print will be reused notice received

10/29/2019-Finger Print Appointment Letter received

02/05/2020- Request For Additional Evidence sent to me from USCIS

03/01/2020-My RFE response was sent to USCIS

03/05/2020- My Case Status Changed to -RFE received

04/16/2020- Case updated to (My case have been received at my local Office)- Updated  only on this site-https://my.uscis.gov/

5/21/2020- Case status changed to We ordered your new card

05/22/2020- Case status and updated to “ Case Approved”

No Citizenship (N-400) application filed yet.

Note : If you get an RFE , its your last shot to demonstrate you are in a real marriage, so do your best to put together what will get them convinced to approve your case . Check my cover letter below to se lists of evidences I submitted WITHOUT CURRENT JOINT LEASE.

USCIS I-751 JOINT FILING COVER LETTER SAMPLE

March 2nd, 2020

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Texas Service Center

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 RFE FOR JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

FOR JOHN DOE #SRCXXXXXXXXX

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

Jane Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx]

Conditional Resident Spouse:

John Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find appended additional materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my husband, Jane Doe. USCIS granted him conditional permanent residence on January  2017. We jointly submitted his petition for removal of condition in October Of 2018.

In October 2018, several materials which showed a merging of our personal and financial lives before and after our marriage on November 2015 were submitted along with the form I-751 applications.

2018 MATERIALS SUBMITTED ARE REFRENCED BELOW

·          Copy Of marriage certificate. Attached Here.

·         Copy of Husband’s Green card. Attached here.

·         Copy of our previous apartment’s rental agreement with joint occupancy from November 2016 to 2018. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of the joint filed IRS tax transcripts returns for 2016 and 2017. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copies of statement from our joint checking accounts from the time the account was opened to October 2018 from  Credit Union.

·         Copies of United health insurance cards coverage from wife’s job covering all family members. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copy of Life  life insurance policies showing we are both 100% beneficiary on each other’s life insurance policy. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of Geico cars joint insurance account. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts. Attached here for reference.

·         Two original notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage. previously submitted by U.S citizen friends. (Here attached again for reference)

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. Attached here for reference.

• Copies of details of our first wedding anniversary celebrations on  November 2016; guests, cards received from family and friends, event bills and several pictures showing our bona fine relationship and marriage.

The request for more evidence materials provided, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since after October 2018 when we submitted his I-751 joint petition , removal of condition is organized in tab dividers for your convenience. For ease of review, pertinent information is highlighted in yellow.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe & John Doe

Address: 

Address: .

Phone

E-mail: Jane Doe   aoj@gmail.com

: John Doe –  aob@gmail.com

Table of Contents

Exhibit 1:

·         copy of USCIS front and back (Permanent Resident Card).

Exhibit 2:

·         Marriage certificate between showing marriage on Nov , 2015.

Exhibit 3:

·         Copies of  temporary driver license applied after to reflect new address &  current driver’s license showing joint residence at “Our Address”.

Exhibit 4:

• 2016, 2017, 2018 tax returns transcripts and 1040 proof of joint tax filing for 2019 tax returns from the IRS and copy of 2017 refund check from the IRS addressed to both of us in our joint residence.

Exhibit 5:

• Copies of ABC monthly bank statements of our joint checking accounts #xxxxxxxxxxxx since inception of the accounts on 03/30/2019 till 01/31/2020, showing various financial co-mingling such as deposits, car loan payments, credit card payments, At&t bills,  life insurance payments, grocery shopping , movie theater tickets etc.
  • Copy of Cashapp transactions between myself and my husband from October 2, 2018 when the account was opened to date. Showing financial transactions between us.

Exhibit 6:

·         Copies of ABC bank Visa credit card statement account number xxxxxxxxxx with Spouse  as authorized user since the inception of the account on February 2018 till date, showing various financial co-mingling such as shopping, hotel bills, subscriptions etc.

Exhibit 7:

• Copy of resident charges/payments ledger, listing us as joint tenants at “Our former address”, beginning November 23, 2016 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until February 1, 2020 move out date.
  • Copy of final account in both of our name from The  showing our refund from rent deposit after moving out.
  • Copy of The  Residential Parking Permit Application form completed and signed by both of us.

Exhibit 8:

·         Copy of American  Insurance Company of Florida home rentals insurance transferred to our new address in both of our names and copy of documents showing claim information we submitted and processed for the water damage that occurred in our apartment on December 21, 2019.

Exhibit 9:

• Copy of “Current” Health Insurance cards with member ID: #xxxxxxxxxxx, showing both of us, both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan from my husband’s job .
  • Copies of health insurance claim in both of our names from our health care provider showing our recent Doctor’s visit.
  • Copies of Health Savings ATM cards in both of our name from Health Insurance Provider.
  • Copy of my husband’s employer’s dependent verification application adding me to his health insurance policy as his spouse
  • Copy of former 2015-2018 health insurance card provided by wife’s former employer including all family members.

Exhibit 10:

·         Copy of  Life insurance policies in both of our names from Life Insurance stating both of us as each other’s 100% beneficiary.

·         Copies of most recent life Insurance policy monthly premium transaction history in both of our names showing the life insurance policies are up to date.

·         Copy of my husband’s employer  life insurance policy provided for employees and listed me as the beneficiary 100%.

Exhibit 11:

• Copies of Our Car Insurance Company yearly account statements beginning November 21, 2016 until May 10, 2020 listing us as jointly covered under car insurance policy number XXXXXXXXXXX for our cars at.”

Exhibit 12:

·         Copies of T-Mobile Account Number :xxxxxxxxxxx showing one-year telephone bills showing both of our names and our telephone numbers and payment transactions from January 2019-December 2019.

Exhibit 13:

·         Copies of Costco membership cards in both of our names, showing my husband added to the membership since 01/2017 and still current and valid and copy of 2020 Costco membership renewal receipt.

Exhibit 14:

·         Copy of email receipts and cookies order transaction confirmation for wife’s birthday on the XX-XX-XXXX.

·         Copies of various receipts of gas, parking, hotel lodging bills during various road trips to , wife’s hometown.

Exhibit 15:

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts in both of our names   from  furniture previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Two notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage by U.S citizen friends. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018

Exhibit16:

·         Copy of photo album showing us together with family and friends gathering throughout the years till date.

I 751 Approval 2020.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

We really regret applying for N400 so soon. We’re at 17.5 months of waiting for I751 and we feel like it would’ve just been approved had we not applied for citizenship. The I751 was transferred to a new jurisdiction the day after we applied for citizenship and now it’s just been sitting there for months (literally half a year without being touched)... and lucky us got an RFE for the N400 because the local office was unable to download or “see” any of the docs we uploaded online, ridiculous. Sent the RFE response the next day and two weeks later radio silence and our extension runs out soon.

I know the status never expires, but unfortunately we need that green card or citizenship to renew licenses which conveniently expire the day the extension expires.  Our process was smooth sailing until these N400 issues and Covid closures did us in. Over it. 

19 hours ago, Lulabi said:

Hi Justwaiting2018. 

So happy to read your post since I'm having a very similar to your timeline and still waiting. I really regretted that I applied N-400 while I-751 is pending since the waiting seems to be stretched out endlessly. 

I really hope that my I-751 would end up like yours. 

When was your I-751's status changed to "transferred to another office"? 

Mine was transferred from Jan 2020. It's been 4 months already and still nothing :(

My case was transferred from CSC to NBC In early February, 2020. I did not hear anything back for almost 3.5 months. Then suddenly, my status changed to case approved and card is in production. Hope this helps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, vmix said:

Anyone here whose MSC case status is stuck with "Ready to be scheduled for an interview"?  Has anyone seen this status changed with something else without scheduling an interview? 

We have been stuck in this status since April 2019. We also applied for N400 earlier this year hoping it would speed up the process.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

31 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

We really regret applying for N400 so soon. We’re at 17.5 months of waiting for I751 and we feel like it would’ve just been approved had we not applied for citizenship. The I751 was transferred to a new jurisdiction the day after we applied for citizenship and now it’s just been sitting there for months (literally half a year without being touched)... and lucky us got an RFE for the N400 because the local office was unable to download or “see” any of the docs we uploaded online, ridiculous. Sent the RFE response the next day and two weeks later radio silence and our extension runs out soon.

I know the status never expires, but unfortunately we need that green card or citizenship to renew licenses which conveniently expire the day the extension expires.  Our process was smooth sailing until these N400 issues and Covid closures did us in. Over it. 

Same here!! My I751 got transferred 172 days ago!!!! And since then nothing. My N400 interview was supposed to be 4 days after they closed down all the offices. But who would’ve known. But I’m sure my I751 would’ve been approved a long time ago already. 

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Libya
Timeline
On 5/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, justwaiting2018 said:

Thank you!

Hope that help!

Thanks for your response and good luck with your N400!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.