Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi everyone! One question, I only got my NVC through email, my fiance never received an NVC Letter through mail. For the interview I was adding a copy of the Letter we got through email, Is that ok or should we call NVC to get a letter through regular mail? 

TIA! 😃

We also got our NVC letter through just email never got one through the mail. The email one worked fine at the interview. We had no issues at all :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi everyone! One question, I only got my NVC through email, my fiance never received an NVC Letter through mail. For the interview I was adding a copy of the Letter we got through email, Is that ok or should we call NVC to get a letter through regular mail? 

TIA! 😃

Hey! Did you manage to book an interview? I've been trying but there are no dates available

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did anyone get an email from the NVC today? Our case went "In Transit" on the CEAC site this morning, but still no email 🧐

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

1 minute ago, NicoleM said:

Did anyone get an email from the NVC today? Our case went "In Transit" on the CEAC site this morning, but still no email 🧐

I called to NVC and told me that my fiance will receive the email in a week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AMSS said:

I called to NVC and told me that my fiance will receive the email in a week.

Oh ok. Is your fiance the beneficiary?

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Timeline
2 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hey! Did you manage to book an interview? I've been trying but there are no dates available

oh! That´s too bad!, why is that?
I didn´t try yet, I´ll have my medical appointment next week, I was going to eschedule it as soon as I send my packet 3 to the Consulate.  Also @M and Ed have you already payed the visa?, Do you know which options are available to pay it? I´m asking because I have no credit/debit card, hope it has a deposit way of payment

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, TGregorio said:

As I explained to @Greenbaum, if this is your first time requesting your IRS transcripts, the IRS will verify your identity before enabling you to download your transcripts. As of the Fall of 2019, the IRS will send you a code to use to log in for the first time. The IRS does not want your sensitive tax information to be downloaded by an imposter.

Partially correct.

There is a second option if you have a mobile phone with the account in your name.   They will text you the code to enter right away, without having to wait.  If the phone number is under a family/group plan or was given to you from your work, it will not work and you will need to request the code by mail.

Also, if you have a land-line phone in your name it will not work - only mobile phones.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

oh! That´s too bad!, why is that?
I didn´t try yet, I´ll have my medical appointment next week, I was going to eschedule it as soon as I send my packet 3 to the Consulate.  Also @M and Ed have you already payed the visa?, Do you know which options are available to pay it? I´m asking because I have no credit/debit card, hope it has a deposit way of payment

It is a real bummer. I have no idea of what´s going on. Some people say it[s because they're full and they should open new dates soon, but who knows

14 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

Oh ok. Is your fiance the beneficiary?

No she is the peticioner. Only the peticioner will be received it.

1 minute ago, SteveInBoston said:

Partially correct.

There is a second option if you have a mobile phone with the account in your name.   They will text you the code to enter right away, without having to wait.  If the phone number is under a family/group plan or was given to you from your work, it will not work and you will need to request the code by mail.

Also, if you have a land-line phone in your name it will not work - only mobile phones.

That's good to know! At the time, I was unaware of this feature using the mobile phone last fall. I was referring to my experiences using the website as referenced on this forum. If that is true, that second option should be published for other's to use.

19 hours ago, TGregorio said:

Yes, I know that's true for repeat customers, but if this is the first time requesting transcripts, the IRS mails a code via a letter through the U.S. Postal service. When I initially requested my transcripts last year, it took more than two weeks to receive this code to verify my identity.

Never happened to me nor have I heard this from others. I can't say why or why not that it's been different for you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Never happened to me nor have I heard this from others. I can't say why or why not that it's been different for you.

@Greenbaum, that’s right if we r trying to create an account online & print it. If our phone number gets accepted in their system we can create account online , which for some reason system didn’t recognize mine. So in that case they would mail the code & once we get it we can activate the account. I’m waiting for the same . To order the transcript via mail I didn’t had any issue either. 

Edited by ujones

9 hours ago, TGregorio said:

As I explained to @Greenbaum, if this is your first time requesting your IRS transcripts, the IRS will verify your identity before enabling you to download your transcripts. As of the Fall of 2019, the IRS will send you a code to use to log in for the first time. The IRS does not want your sensitive tax information to be downloaded by an imposter.

Upon further research I was able to determine that you are half right and I am half wrong. There are two many "if's" so I invite you and anyone else that wants to use this service  read the link below.  You must go through a verifying process, which entails information that you must answer and that entails IRS must be granted access to your credit report and you must have a telephone (cell or otherwise) in your name. Have each of these items, plus a few more and this will get you a Tax Transcript while online after the successful completion of those steps. If not then you will be mailed a code to use to gain access but beware the mail process will take time so start early. So yes you can get your transcript online the first time without waiting for a mailed code if you have all the required information the IRS will ask during your online session.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/secure-access-how-to-register-for-certain-online-self-help-tools

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

21 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum, that’s right if we r trying to create an account online & print it. If our phone number gets accepted in their system we can create account online , which for some reason system didn’t recognize mine. So in that case they would mail the code & once we get it we can activate the account. I’m waiting for the same . To order the transcript via mail I didn’t had any issue either. 

I had a follow up explanations which what you said about the telephone is correct. IRS must have access to the USC's credit report as the process involves verification using financial records, there may be a “soft inquiry” placed on your credit report. And the other is a readily available mobile device. For instant access, your name must be associated with a U.S-based mobile phone capable of receiving text messages.  If the mobile phone number cannot be linked to your name, you may opt for a mailed activation code during registration. The name that the phone account is in is what they are querying for, so if you are not the primary on the account then you must opt for mail. :thumbs: So, you can get an online copy the first time to the website but if the system fails to verify then the code is mailed. So plan ahead.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/secure-access-how-to-register-for-certain-online-self-help-tools

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.