M_s2

K1 Visa Port of Entry

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi just wondering what documents I need to be carrying me as I enter America on a K1 Visa?

The documents I know that I have to bring with me so far are:
1. Sealed envelope from the U.S. Consulate
2. X-Rays

Thank you in advance! I will be flying off next month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think that's it. The visa (which is gonna be the package) and the xrays and I would say any additional things that you receive from the embassy, the medical appointment or anything visa related. I know for me that I will take my whole folder that I've made with all the documents for the k1 in case they need to know or see anything. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, AnnaYT said:

I think that's it. The visa (which is gonna be the package) and the xrays and I would say any additional things that you receive from the embassy, the medical appointment or anything visa related. I know for me that I will take my whole folder that I've made with all the documents for the k1 in case they need to know or see anything. 

Xrays are for your personal records and not needed for the poe

YMMV

Timeline

In the official checklist from the german embassy it says that x-rays taken during the medical exam do not need to be taken to the interview, but you should have them on you when you enter the U.S., so I would take them. Even if in the end you won't be needing them. Better be safe than sorry. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaYT said:

In the official checklist from the german embassy it says that x-rays taken during the medical exam do not need to be taken to the interview, but you should have them on you when you enter the U.S., so I would take them. Even if in the end you won't be needing them. Better be safe than sorry. 

This has been a misnomer for years.   There is no doctor at the Poe to do anything with the xrays

YMMV

My husband brought the sealed packet as well as his file folder of everything he had taken to the interview at the consulate in Auckland.  He also brought the X-Ray disc, but as others have stated, it is not needed or requested at POE.  The only thing the officer asked for was the sealed packet.  Our POE was a land crossing at the US/Canada border, and even though it was our particular officer's first time processing a K-1, it only took 45 minutes or so.  

Good luck!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaYT said:

Yet it says it and I can only repeat myself: You better be safe than sorry. Also xrays don't weigh a lot, nor do they take away much space. so why would a risk anything? 

Yup.  One consulate versus thousands of actual experiences.  

YMMV

Timeline
17 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Like I said, personal thing! PERSONAL! I, for my part, will take them because I think it's always better to be safe than sorry! Also if I won't end up needing them, I'm on the safe side. If you don't want to take them that's your own thing! That's all I have said. And that embassy's actually state on their webpages that they advise you to take them, which is not a requirement but a personal opinion of theirs. I feel like you don't seem to get personal opinions, do you, Mr. payxibka?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

The package you receive from the embassy (this contains your medical as well) 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

9 hours ago, payxibka said:

While not directly related to POE, I have experienced a number of occasions in which I was not asked for a particular document, only because they knew I had it. 

What is the logic of bringing less than everything?  Becuase of a one in a 1000 chance? When I can reduce the odds to zero?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

X rays are for your personal record, found mine a long time later and binned them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.