Abcd1234

Unlucky 200 plus day club

477 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Nov2017AD said:

Thanks! I hope no one has to wait as long as me. I would have filed CR-1 instead of K1 if I knew this kind of b***s*** was possible.

Wow... I am so sorry this is happening to you. I cannot imagine. I applied CR1, and still in the final stages. The process all together adds to 15months+... Good luck to you! 🙏🙏🙏 Don’t give up hope! ☘️☘️☘️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, Nov2017AD said:

I'm about to join the 400 day club because of security checks with no criminal history. USCIS is the best! =D

What the actual F***? A year? THAT'S BASICALLY A CR-1!

I'm so sorry you're going through this utter Bull! Reading all your posts I can't even imagine the hell you're going through, it terrifies me to have the same fate. (We're 263 days now (cali) with no RFE's, no criminal record and no response from uscis either). As much as the law-suit seems like an option, I'm praying that you get an answer soon. I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why some are done within 7 months and some are dragged out?! WHY IS THERE NO SYSTEM!? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PRIORITIZE LONG AWAITED CASES FIRST!? 

Those that have recieved RFE's don't know how lucky they are...

Edited by Orientalelf

Timeline
21 hours ago, Orientalelf said:

What the actual F***? A year? THAT'S BASICALLY A CR-1!

I'm so sorry you're going through this utter Bull! Reading all your posts I can't even imagine the hell you're going through, it terrifies me to have the same fate. (We're 263 days now (cali) with no RFE's, no criminal record and no response from uscis either). As much as the law-suit seems like an option, I'm praying that you get an answer soon. I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why some are done within 7 months and some are dragged out?! WHY IS THERE NO SYSTEM!? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PRIORITIZE LONG AWAITED CASES FIRST!? 

Those that have recieved RFE's don't know how lucky they are...

Did they not respond to your case inquiry??? We are on 258 days with RFE, sent everything and now just waiting. 

Edited by VanillaCats

Timeline
9 minutes ago, VanillaCats said:

Did they not respond to your case inquiry??? We are on 258 days with RFE, sent everything and now just waiting. 

Nope. Just same old bull, wanting us to make another inquiry. 

By the looks of it, we're going to be in the 365+ catergory soon. 

3 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Anyone knows if background checks are done before or after rfe?

I assume it is before RFE because RFE part of adjudicating the case, also as we see most of the people receive their NOA2 within 2 weeks after sending their RFE response so that means they are done with background check. 

Hi guys so I want to know maybe what could be happening , so I am April 13 k1 fiancé visa we received our noa1 on April 18 this year and we have already 7 month and 7 days today and we have not received any noa2 yet , so I just wondering what could be happening ,because I don’t understand if I am April 13 they are approving May and even jun and we have not yet an answer so we submitted an inquiry of our case , so the answer was that they are not able to give us a exactly time of when we will receive even the approval or so ,so any advice guys? I am from Dominican repablic and my girlfriend from Queens New York 224 days today and still nothing , so guys could you tell me please what you guys things could be happy ,our case is at the California center and they say it is between 5 month to 7 and we have already 7 and a week

4 hours ago, Yefri said:

Hi guys so I want to know maybe what could be happening , so I am April 13 k1 fiancé visa we received our noa1 on April 18 this year and we have already 7 month and 7 days today and we have not received any noa2 yet , so I just wondering what could be happening ,because I don’t understand if I am April 13 they are approving May and even jun and we have not yet an answer so we submitted an inquiry of our case , so the answer was that they are not able to give us a exactly time of when we will receive even the approval or so ,so any advice guys? I am from Dominican repablic and my girlfriend from Queens New York 224 days today and still nothing , so guys could you tell me please what you guys things could be happy ,our case is at the California center and they say it is between 5 month to 7 and we have already 7 and a week

Background checks and cases take different time, if you want you can contact your senator and they can inquire for u what is going on , or give it 10 days and Hopefully you will hear something till then. Apparently if case is stuck in background checks, there is no timeframe how long it can take

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, Orientalelf said:

250 days, no NOA2.
No rfe, no information, nothing.

We called multiple times, never get an answer.

Made an online inquiry, told us it's waiting to be reviewed (that was a month ago).

Wrote to the senator, they called, uscis told them it's waiting to be reviewed.

They haven't even touched our case. 

Sick and tired of this process.  

I’m so sorry for you guys @Orientalelf.  Any update?  I’ve seen a few comments about if you or the beneficiary have common surnames etc.  I’ve also seen some say if you have ex military background it could hold up background checks.  So hard to tell.  We are May filers and still waiting as well.  Hoping you’ve heard. 

42 minutes ago, Nixando said:

I’m so sorry for you guys @Orientalelf.  Any update?  I’ve seen a few comments about if you or the beneficiary have common surnames etc.  I’ve also seen some say if you have ex military background it could hold up background checks.  So hard to tell.  We are May filers and still waiting as well.  Hoping you’ve heard. 

Sorry broth I was a proud yesterday I have 230 days and I got our approval and thanks good we did not get ref

Timeline
11 hours ago, Nixando said:

Thanks for your concern, nice to know there are still peeps supporting us :) It's been 268 days and still nothing. We're definitly in the line of 365+ days. I agree it is tough to tell (no common surnames or any military ties here). I'm sure yours won't be a hellfest like ours, I've seen a lot of May approvals, yours will be soon!    

13 hours ago, Nixando said:

@Nixando for the life of me I can't imagine why being ex military would snag us up in back ground checks? If anything it would aid in going through the checks faster. I had a 20+ year career in the Army. They know exactly where to look to find anything out they want to. Again I have no clue why we are snagging. I guess I better just buckle up and get ready for the long ride like some of the folks here in this thread. It's really not so much the wait as opposed to not knowing jack about your case. If I knew I could handle the wait. I can relate to each and everyone here and I am speechless about it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All, reading each person's reason or guess for such a long wait.  I find this process disheartening.  To have us submit payment for a process that has very vague timelines and processes is not good.  They assert order in processing and that too is not true.  I find this whole K1 process not good.  To not give an explanation or direct answers to our cases is horrible especially when it is lengthy.  

I wish everyone a quick response.  At this point a RFE or NOA2 but the indefinite wait without no timing is crazy!

Just my two cents...hang in there @Sarge2155 @NicholeT

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi guys I'm at 224 days, I hope we all hear something by the end of next week. It's so frustrating, especially during the holiday season 😟 Sending prayers and happy thoughts to all of you !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.