Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

I just read that acticle as well.  eeek  it makes me nervous becuase I have little faith in USCIS to handle moving and handling of cases in any sort of order of sequence.  I'm at 207 days today with no movement in EAD/EP or even have my i 485 ready to schedule for interview and I fear that if my case would get transfered it would just end up under a giant random pile of boxes.    It is obviously a step in the right direction for future cases at places like National Benefits Center but I just hope they organize the moving of people's applications. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, vaksurik said:

I seen this yesterday! 

I think it it would be a great thing for slower LFO’s, like Seattle, Houston etc. Some people in ways do get disadvantaged especially being in a slower jurisdiction. Especially with EAD/AP’s increasing at least it’d maybe give people chance to get a GC quicker. There definitely needs to be more clarity from the USCIS in how this would work. For example, Las Vegas is slow but nearest surrounding me are also slow.

So how exactly would their policy work? For example, would it mean I have to go to maybe San Diego or LA? Would people have choices to nearby state LFO’s? What about people that have paid for lawyers to attend their interviews at their local field office (esp for more complex cases for example)? 

Some could argue about the time and money required to fly to a different state but I don’t think most people would mind. 

Definitely great they've recognised there is issues with processing across the US. Hopefully one day it could become consistent across states. 

Thats my thoughts anyhow 

Edited by jakejon

19 hours ago, lilit829 said:

We had our interview today: approved! Very happy! 

The officer said that our application had already been approved and she just kept our proof of relationship. She asked us about how we met, when we met our families, our wedding, and why we decided to get married. Then she just let us know that she was going to approve our application. 

Congrats!!!! Doesn't it feel great?!!! 🎉

The straw that broke the camel's back:

Submitted our taxes the first week of March. We were expecting almost $2k back. I ran all the numbers through TuboTax and theirs matched mine; absolutely no way we could have screwed this up, right? It was basically our saving grace since Matt does not have EAD. Middle of May we hadn't gotten anything and I reached out to our representative. Their fax machine was not working so I had to email it to their office three weeks later.

Today I check the "Where's my refund" online to see if his office was able to get some movement on it. They were, but it says they modified our tax forms and now we owe $330. Super frustrated. Super upset. Just dumbfounded on how this could have happened. I feel like if I had been aware I was going to have to pay $330 a few months ago I would have been more okay. It just a huge blow from the government on top of an already expensive and frustrating process.

The government has found their favorite(removed) ground and its called Matt and I's lives.

Edited by Ontarkie
bypassing language filter

On 6/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, kanderson101 said:

Our congresswoman's office was very responsive but ultimately they weren't able to do anything for us, primarily because it sounds like their main action would be to expedite processing and you still need to qualify for that expedite. Hopefully your contacts will be more helpful! 

I'm sorry to hear your congresswoman's office wasn't really able to help, but I'm glad that they were at least responsive when you got in in touch. I finally got a call back from our senator's office this morning, but I've had a migraine all day and I didn't recognize the phone number immediately, so I didn't answer it. (This is why I should probably answer my phone more, haha)

She left a message for me wanting to discuss my email, so I called her back as soon as I heard the message. Unfortunately, when I called the office, someone else answered and said she wasn't in. I tried to call again this afternoon, and she's still not in the office, Ugh! We essentially been playing phone tag today. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow! If not, I'm going to try my congressman instead. :thumbs:

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

6 hours ago, Starconspirator said:

I just wanted to pop in and say we FINALLY have an approved EAD/AP on the way! 212 day wait but we got there!

Congratulations!!!! That certainly deserves a celebration! 🎉🎉🎉 

(My husband and I are planning on opening a nice bottle of champagne we got for our wedding as soon as his EAD/AP are approved, haha. Hopefully we'll follow suit behind you guys pretty soon!)

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

WOW!!! Congratulations!! How exciting! 🎉🎉🎉

257 days though... Yikes! I'm so sorry, but I'm so glad that you guys finally have some great news!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

WOW!!! Congratulations!! How exciting! 🎉🎉🎉

257 days though... Yikes! I'm so sorry, but I'm so glad that you guys finally have some great news!

Thank you a lot!🤗

This is EAD/AP ( what more important for me now). I can wait GC - no problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, vaksurik said:

I think that's what happened with us, we were set with the queens office and got moved to the Long island office which was much further for the interview.

Anyway we received our green card today a few days early! I wish everyone else here good luck. Waiting really sucks but it'll be over soon 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Welp, after 222 days we got a minor piece of good news. 485 changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview". Still not the EAD update we wanted though. Does this mean the background check is ready and we should be getting the EAD soon, or is there no correlation?

My I-485 changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 13 on June 2019 and 18 on June my I-765 changed to "New card is being produced". In my case, there was a connection  ( I was told byTIER 2), because I received RFE on I- 485.

1 hour ago, SilentZero said:

I think that's what happened with us, we were set with the queens office and got moved to the Long island office which was much further for the interview.

Anyway we received our green card today a few days early! I wish everyone else here good luck. Waiting really sucks but it'll be over soon 

Hey! How was the LI field office? Can I message you with some questions? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.