JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Woke up & checked my phone, text from USCIS - MY INTERVIEW HAS BEEN SCHEDULED!!!! 6 days after it changed to “ready to be scheduled” I rolled over and shook my husband awake. I actually can’t believe it 😭😭

SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

WE HAD OUR INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND WERE APPROVED ON THE SPOT! AND GOT A NOTIFICATION THAT GREEN CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! Okay, okay, no more Caps Lock! 😂 

Here is our interview experience for San Diego. Our appointment was scheduled for 9 am but we arrived about 30 minutes before. It took us about 10 min to get through security because it's basically airport style and we had to take off our shoes. We went upstairs to the waiting area where there was about 20 other people waiting and we waited about 20 minutes to be called. At this point, I was pretty nervous because some of the officers we saw looked pretty stern and we saw a few people come out of rooms crying (not happy crying).

We got called in exactly at 9 am on the dot by a young officer who was dressed exactly like my husband! We went into the room and he had us stand to say the oath. Once we sat down, he was super chilled out and asked us for passports, my husbands UK birth certificate and our marriage certificate. He also asked us how we met! And that is literally all he asked for during the entire interview! The whole interview was much more of a conversation than anything! I came extremely over prepared with 3 folders full of evidence and copies and everything we have ever mailed to USCIS. But we didn't show him any of it. I'm assuming they feel they had enough info on us already 🤷‍♀️ I asked him if he wanted to see and keep a few of our wedding photos, which he did. He went through the i-485 questions but only a few and that was pretty much it! He said, "I'm going to approve you for the green card. Congratulations!" He walked us out and we were done! 10 minutes total! By dinner time, we got a notification that the card is being produced. 

I know we had an extremely easy interview compared to some people and I'm honestly shocked by that. I walked in excited but pretty nervous! Husband was cool as a cucumber! 😂

Thanks so much for all of the support during this process! I hope you all get answers and interviews scheduled very soon!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That sounds amazing! Very happy that it was such a smooth process for you guys, I'm sure it's huge relief to have it over :)

21 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That sounds amazing! Very happy that it was such a smooth process for you guys, I'm sure it's huge relief to have it over :)

Thanks so much! And yes! My husband doesn't want to believe it though! Until he has his Green Card in his hands I think 😜

2 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!! 

Thank you lovely!! 

WE HAD OUR INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND WERE APPROVED ON THE SPOT! AND GOT A NOTIFICATION THAT GREEN CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! Okay, okay, no more Caps Lock! 😂 

Here is our interview experience for San Diego. Our appointment was scheduled for 9 am but we arrived about 30 minutes before. It took us about 10 min to get through security because it's basically airport style and we had to take off our shoes. We went upstairs to the waiting area where there was about 20 other people waiting and we waited about 20 minutes to be called. At this point, I was pretty nervous because some of the officers we saw looked pretty stern and we saw a few people come out of rooms crying (not happy crying).

We got called in exactly at 9 am on the dot by a young officer who was dressed exactly like my husband! We went into the room and he had us stand to say the oath. Once we sat down, he was super chilled out and asked us for passports, my husbands UK birth certificate and our marriage certificate. He also asked us how we met! And that is literally all he asked for during the entire interview! The whole interview was much more of a conversation than anything! I came extremely over prepared with 3 folders full of evidence and copies and everything we have ever mailed to USCIS. But we didn't show him any of it. I'm assuming they feel they had enough info on us already 🤷‍♀️ I asked him if he wanted to see and keep a few of our wedding photos, which he did. He went through the i-485 questions but only a few and that was pretty much it! He said, "I'm going to approve you for the green card. Congratulations!" He walked us out and we were done! 10 minutes total! By dinner time, we got a notification that the card is being produced. 

I know we had an extremely easy interview compared to some people and I'm honestly shocked by that. I walked in excited but pretty nervous! Husband was cool as a cucumber! 😂

Thanks so much for all of the support during this process! I hope you all get answers and interviews scheduled very soon!

Truly some of the best news to read, especially from a couple I feel I’ve been through this entire storm with. Congrats 100x over to you both!! 💛💛

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:dancing:  CONGRATULATIONS !!!  :dancing:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

We got our interview the same exact thing. Very conversational and not intimidating at all. Congratulations! 

• 11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago (I-485 to I-765)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for AOS (I-485)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • 11/19/18 -NOA for Application for Travel Document (I-131)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for EAD (I-765)
  • 12/10/18 - Biometrics
  • 04/03/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • 04/19/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
  • 04/29/19 - Received Interview letter in the mail
  • 05/30/19 - Interview on the spot approval
  • 06/07/19 - Conditional Green Card received
  • 03/03/21 - Package Delivered to Phoenix AZ (I-751)
  • 04/01/21 - NOA Receipt of payment and extension of Conditional Green Card
  • 08/19/2021 - NOA Approval Notice for (I-751)
  • 08/28/2021 - 10 Year Green Card received 
  • 09/06/2022 - N-400 Online application sent
  • 03/14/2023 - N-400 Interview was Scheduled
  • 04/19/2023 - Passed Citizenship Naturalization Interview
  • 05/23/2023 - Naturalization Oath taking ceremony

5 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

HOORAY!! That is excellent news, indeed! I'm so glad to hear the interview was approved and that it sounds like it was pretty painless for you guys. I'm sure that was a huge relief! Congratulations! Now, go celebrate and enjoy life!!! 🎉🍾

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

3 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

Thank you lovely!! 

Truly some of the best news to read, especially from a couple I feel I’ve been through this entire storm with. Congrats 100x over to you both!! 💛💛

3 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

:dancing:  CONGRATULATIONS !!!  :dancing:

26 minutes ago, tombs07 said:

We got our interview the same exact thing. Very conversational and not intimidating at all. Congratulations! 

18 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

HOORAY!! That is excellent news, indeed! I'm so glad to hear the interview was approved and that it sounds like it was pretty painless for you guys. I'm sure that was a huge relief! Congratulations! Now, go celebrate and enjoy life!!! 🎉🍾

Thank you guys all so much! I've been so thankful during this process that we have this site to be able to communicate with people all around the world dealing with the exact same process! You guys are all so sweet! 💜

Edited by Ash&Jaye

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Thank you guys all so much! I've been so thankful during this process that we have this site to be able to communicate with people all around the world dealing with the exact same process! You guys are all so sweet! 💜

You are welcome. My family did their AOS several years ago. Now, I am paying back to the VJ community for the great advice and support that I received, from other older members, while we were in this phase of our immigration journey. That is how it is supposed to work.:yes:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, JunkTardis said:

Called USCIS, 55minute wait. Got through on 19minutes. Immediately, politely requested a manager or someone in position to 'do something'. Got my request. I explain the situation. She found the entire debacle completely unprofessional including being hung up on twice, birth certificate errors, outside of the processing times etc. She therefore takes all relevant information, and has immediately issued a 'Service Request'. This can take 15-30 days but it means the Kansas City field office is forced to deal with the case instead of the NBC (afaik the KCFO has the case now). So there is now going to be movement, and a letter OR email I believe she said.

Second. I got a call from a lady who is with my representative’s office. The reason our case hasn't been 'dealt with' properly is because they've apparently been completely restructuring their office and how their help cases are handled and as such she will now be my personal liason. She called Lee's Summit NBC about 2 hours after I called USCIS, and they confirmed the case has been 'poorly handled' and that the KCFO has it. The person at the KCFO who deals with my representative’s office or whatever is out of office right now, but will be back in and so they’ll get in touch with them. She also stated she'd be calling the KCFO and demanding a response today as to where the case stands currently and what's happening. The KCFO/NBC confirmed that my case has received 'poor handling and numerous USCIS errors'. My liaison to my representative’s office said she'd call me back when she has talked to USCIS's representative about the case.

Wow, I'm amazed that you actually got someone to help you! That's great!! I hope it results in something positive SOON. 

Do you mind if I ask what you requested of your representative? We reached out to our congresswoman's office and the representative responded pretty quickly. However, she ended up basically telling us that unless we had a solid reason to expedite, there wasn't anything they could do. Seemed like kind of a dead-end so we didn't pursue it any further. 

42 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

Wow, I'm amazed that you actually got someone to help you! That's great!! I hope it results in something positive SOON. 

Do you mind if I ask what you requested of your representative? We reached out to our congresswoman's office and the representative responded pretty quickly. However, she ended up basically telling us that unless we had a solid reason to expedite, there wasn't anything they could do. Seemed like kind of a dead-end so we didn't pursue it any further. 

Thank you! We have our fingers crossed that we have good news soon! (I'm JunkTardis' USC wife btw 😊)

USCIS allows expediting if there is a clear error made on their end. We actually didn't ask our representive to help us expedite. We asked if we could get some form of explination of why we had and RFIE asking for a non-English version of a BC for someone born in England. They asked for something we technically could not provide and we complied to the best our ability, but we thought maybe having the case flagged for inquiry would make someone realize the silly request and help everything move on its merry way. We asked our representative to help us with this mid to late April so it took long enough for someone in his office to realize one of their employees also was in error. So basically everything I said about how useless I said my rep was, I take it back because someone decided to do the right thing. A month and a half later.

Our case is probably pretty special just based on that. I don't hope USCIS makes errors on your case, but I do hope you hear good news soon!

Edited by rrobin0609

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.