Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I finally received my NOA2 approval in the mail but I knew I was approved Tuesday. FYI no email, text or website updated. 

I have a few questions as I prepare for the DS160 once I get my case number. 

DS160 US CONTACT Section

In the contact person:

Should my fiancé put my name or her sisters name who lives in the USA?

Also it asks do you have any immediate relatives in the USA?

I think most people will use their petitioner for both but my fiancé also has a sister in the USA like I said. 

In the last part of the DS160 there is a part you certify you got a copy of the IMBRA and I see you can print it if you want. The question is and just Im guessing we check the box that says we got a copy of the IMBRA as part or my application packet? I saw DS160 tutorial on YouTube where someone said don’t worry about this and left it ‘unchecked’

I’m going to do the DS160 with my fiancé.....FYI

My fiancé has changed addresses, basically she had to get out of her apartment and lease before we marry and comes to the USA so she is staying with Family in her country. Should I leave her address the same on the DS160 as I have on the original I-129F and notify the US embassy after we do the DS160 of an address change ?

I don’t think any mail will come to her anyway as ‘Packet 3’ is nothing more than instructions what the beneficiary needs to do and bring to the interview and all this comes from what I read via email and it’s typically the same instructions with MAYBE some local practices that you could get online. From what I see her living address location is just a formality. Anyone know what the best way to handle this is? 

Thanks, Larry

Edited by LarryHickman

5 hours ago, amforever said:

Perfect I sent all these links to my fiance. And from what I've read here it's acceptable to call the nvc after 2 weeks for the case number of just wait for the letter?

Call for the case number and once you have it get the DS-160 completed and also book your appointment at Knightsbridge medical. Follow the instructions, it's all there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hopefully somebody knows the answers or has wise input to my questions above and I also have a few more below;

1. The beneficiary address also is on the I 134 AOS so I guess the question again is do I just use what I had on the original I 129F? My fiancé has moved from her old address and out from a lease in preparation of moving to the US so normally a person would be ready to move once approved at the embassy stage and not have a lease or contract hanging over their head in the home country.

2. While looking at the I 134 instructions it doesnt ask for tax returns. I have heard people say they will provide them and even 2 or 3 years worth but unless I missing something I don’t see where it is requested. I can print mine out but is it TRULY needed?

3. I 134 Part three-Dependents: Question 10 A, I guess I add my fiancé here? I have no children and neither does she.

4. I 134 Part three-Dependents: Question 38, It ask if I intend to make contributions to the person in Part 2- (the person in Part 2 is my fiancé). I’m not making or giving her any contributions I’ll take care of her and she will be my wife obviously. Do I check ‘intend’ or ‘do not intend’?

Timeline

Also did anyone else notice the I 134 AOS expires 11/30/2018? Well I guess that’s for the feds because I don’t find a newer one.....?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Hopefully somebody knows the answers or has wise input to my questions above and I also have a few more below;

1. The beneficiary address also is on the I 134 AOS so I guess the question again is do I just use what I had on the original I 129F? My fiancé has moved from her old address and out from a lease in preparation of moving to the US so normally a person would be ready to move once approved at the embassy stage and not have a lease or contract hanging over their head in the home country.

I would assume that you notified the USCIS and/or NVC of her/his new address change so they have the most updated info.  I would place the most current address.

2. While looking at the I 134 instructions it doesnt ask for tax returns. I have heard people say they will provide them and even 2 or 3 years worth but unless I missing something I don’t see where it is requested. I can print mine out but is it TRULY needed?  My lawyer told me to prepare my last three years in tax returns, and W-2's plus pay stubs for the last three months.  I also questioned that, because they say they only need tax returns if you are self employed.  The I-184, which will need to be filled out later, does request the last three years of pay stubs.

28 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

3. I 134 Part three-Dependents: Question 10 A, I guess I add my fiancé here? I have no children and neither does she.

If neither one of you have a dependent(s) then you, the sponsor, would place your fiance as a beneficiary in part 2.  Part three would remain blank in question 10-37.

4. I 134 Part three-Dependents: Question 38, It ask if I intend to make contributions to the person in Part 2- (the person in Part 2 is my fiancé). I’m not making or giving her any contributions I’ll take care of her and she will be my wife obviously. Do I check ‘intend’ or ‘do not intend’?

You should check intend and fill out section 7 accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, snowmeetssun said:

I hope this helps.

Thanks snowmeetssun, I do have some thoughts on the address change, I read people leave their beneficiary address as is and just tell the embassy at the interview. 

Here is the confusing part, packet three is nothing more than what you can get online with the exception of local practices and all this can be sent via an email and from what I heard it ‘packet 3’ usually gets sent to the petitioner.

There are two things the beneficiary will be sent after the interview as far as I know assuming they pass.....the Visa with the k1 affixed and the BIG YELLOW envelope the beneficiary takes to the USA POE. I read the Visa can be sent the beneficiary’s local DHL office how does the beneficiary get the BIG YELLOW envelope.?

thanks 

1 hour ago, LarryHickman said:

Two items to be aware of: Notify USCIS and your Embassy of any address change.

To facilitate a timely processing of immigrant visa applications, all applicants are reminded to register their delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address prior to your appointment date will result in delayed delivery of your passport and visa. To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on "More Actions" link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address. If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange for USC  https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

How can I help you.

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

2. While looking at the I 134 instructions it doesn't ask for tax returns. I have heard people say they will provide them and even 2 or 3 years worth but unless I missing something I don’t see where it is requested. I can print mine out but is it TRULY needed?

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: You are not required to have more then one year. If you meet or exceed the poverty letter changes are they are not going to ask for anything more then your Employment letter and Tax transcript. Sending 3 years of 1040's can amount to a very expensive shipment and then it isn't asked for would have steam coming out my ears.

The whole section on VJ of all example forms are VERY helpful. They show you how to fill out the forms.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Dependents would be anyone you are currently financially responsible for...   for example children and elderly parents

You do not include your fiancé(e) as a dependent on the I-134.   If you do not have any dependents, enter "None" for the Family Name (10.a, 14.a, etc)

This is an example of a I-134 filled out.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Also did anyone else notice the I 134 AOS expires 11/30/2018? Well I guess that’s for the feds because I don’t find a newer one.....?

We have seen that sometimes they will renew a form that expires and we have seen it continue to be used until such time as a new form is release. In any event, they will most likely use the start date of the new rendition of that form and they will tell you when they will discontinue a form. All updates to forms can be tracked here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms-updates  If you see a form that will soon expire and it may expire after it's intended use (Embassy interview) then it's best to wait till you are closer to your interview.

All previous editions are accepted anyway. The OMB (Office of Management and Budget) expiration date only matters internally for the USCIS. That expiration date has nothing to do with whether or not it will be acceptable for you to use. The edition date is what matters. The accepted edition dates for the forms are listed on the site where the forms can be found and downloaded. The I-134 states this. > https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

19 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Thanks snowmeetssun, I do have some thoughts on the address change, I read people leave their beneficiary address as is and just tell the embassy at the interview. 

Here is the confusing part, packet three is nothing more than what you can get online with the exception of local practices and all this can be sent via an email and from what I heard it ‘packet 3’ usually gets sent to the petitioner. Most embassies have their own P3 which list what is required. And the anything after the case number is assigned is sent to the beneficiary. It's like having a baby, your involved in the beginning but after that she takes over. :D

There are two things the beneficiary will be sent after the interview as far as I know assuming they pass.....the Visa with the k1 affixed and the BIG YELLOW THAT STATES DO NOT OPEN envelope the beneficiary takes to the USA POE. I read the Visa can be sent the beneficiary’s local DHL office how does the beneficiary get the BIG YELLOW envelope.? The visa and envelope are sent via the courier of choice for the embassy. Each embassy has a different company or means of getting the "package" to the beneficiary. That is the importance to complete the address change.

thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, LarryHickman said:

I finally received my NOA2 approval in the mail but I knew I was approved Tuesday. FYI no email, text or website updated. 

I have a few questions as I prepare for the DS160 once I get my case number. 

DS160 US CONTACT Section

In the contact person:

Should my fiancé put my name or her sisters name who lives in the USA? Your name.

Also it asks do you have any immediate relatives in the USA? Yes it does ask that question.

I think most people will use their petitioner for both but my fiancé also has a sister in the USA like I said. You are not an immediate relative yet as you have not married. So their you would add her sister's information.

In the last part of the DS160 there is a part you certify you got a copy of the IMBRA and I see you can print it if you want. The question is and just Im guessing we check the box that says we got a copy of the IMBRA as part or my application packet? I saw DS160 tutorial on YouTube where someone said don’t worry about this and left it ‘unchecked’ It's safe to say yes you have a copy and that you read it. Be sure she reads it, hate to have a pop quiz and she fail.

I’m going to do the DS160 with my fiancé.....FYI I recommend that you both work together on this. Each should look over the information to ensure that the information is correct, that names are in order according to official documents and then it is saved and the beneficiary opens the DS-160 in their country and submits it. The petitioner does not submit the form!

My fiancé has changed addresses, basically she had to get out of her apartment and lease before we marry and comes to the USA so she is staying with Family in her country. Should I leave her address the same on the DS160 as I have on the original I-129F and notify the US embassy after we do the DS160 of an address change ? See my answer in the previous posting.

I don’t think any mail will come to her anyway as ‘Packet 3’ is nothing more than instructions what the beneficiary needs to do and bring to the interview and all this comes from what I read via email and it’s typically the same instructions with MAYBE some local practices that you could get online. From what I see her living address location is just a formality. Anyone know what the best way to handle this is? See my answer in the previous posting.

Thanks, Larry

I'm running out of breath answering all your questions. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I just received our NOA2 in the mail yesterday! (11/17). Never received an update on either website.   On the form it says valid from 11/9 - does that mean it was approved that day and just now got to me in the mail?  So then can I expect it to be close to being at the NVC if not already there? Or am I just being hopeful lol 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm running out of breath answering all your questions. :jest:

Lol, I’m reading your answers now...see greenbaum what’s happens when to take a break for a few hours, lol

Timeline
27 minutes ago, jesswill89 said:

I just received our NOA2 in the mail yesterday! (11/17). Never received an update on either website.   On the form it says valid from 11/9 - does that mean it was approved that day and just now got to me in the mail?  So then can I expect it to be close to being at the NVC if not already there? Or am I just being hopeful lol 

I was wondering the same thing as mine has the same date, I’m hoping I get in a the next batch sent to the NVC. Greenbaum would know how often they are sent and what part or the month

Edited by LarryHickman

Timeline

Hi Greenbaum, it appears from your answers about where I would show my fiancé change of address it’s this one https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/addressChange.do you provided the egov link the rest is for the Philippines. 

The question I have about this is it’s the USCIS, I thought after NOA2 they had nothing to do with your K1 any longer? Isn’t really who needs her new address the Embassy? 

I did notice on this site even though it’s USCIS which I thought we were done with that there is a section my fiancé states her citizenship and below that it states ‘in the US as a’..........well she isn’t in the US right now do I choose ‘other’? 

I read as much as possible I just don’t want to make mistake. 

I think Im going to call NVC and email the embassy and give them my fiancé new address as well.

Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The question I have about this is it’s the USCIS, I thought after NOA2 they had nothing to do with your K1 any longer? Isn’t really who needs her new address the Embassy? 

If at possible, check with others going through your consulate to see how they communicate with K-1 beneficiaries. At a lot of consulates, it's pretty much entirely via email until they ship the beneficiary's passport and the sealed envelope back. So she just needs to put her current address on the actual visa application and she's good.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.