CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, negmatic said:

Some news on my side.

I did fill in an e-Request Non Delivery of Card. A service case/inquiry has been created and routed to the Texas Service Center.

It looks like there was an issue related to my immigration fee (paid in July 2018). The message that I received also mentioned that I should get some feedback within the 15 days. 

Hi, I am in similar situation as you did, I sent out a message via inbox, it tells me to go to local office and says it is an issue reltaed to my immigration fee(paid in August 2018)

I am going to fill an e-Request too, but not sure which form number should I put, cuz there is no I551 form number. which one you chose? And, did you call this number 1 (800) 375-5283 to ask information? thank you!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sherry_c said:

Hi, I am in similar situation as you did, I sent out a message via inbox, it tells me to go to local office and says it is an issue reltaed to my immigration fee(paid in August 2018)

I am going to fill an e-Request too, but not sure which form number should I put, cuz there is no I551 form number. which one you chose? And, did you call this number 1 (800) 375-5283 to ask information? thank you!!!

select os155a

Timeline
2 hours ago, negmatic said:

Yes Indeed ... I was happy ready the notification. The card was delivered today. 

I would just submit the request and call 1 or 2 days after.

Are you sur her fingeprints were not taken? 

she cant remember properly , but thats my guess . who knows whats the issue . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, Sherry_c said:

Hello

i did select the last choice in the list (I dont remember the exact name 😅). The phone number is correct you need to avoid the automated choices until you finally get the option to connect with a representative.

Edited by negmatic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 1/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, negmatic said:

Hello

i did select the last choice in the list (I dont remember the exact name 😅). The phone number is correct you need to avoid the automated choices until you finally get the option to connect with a representative.

Thanks for your information!

I tried to call, didn't have enough patient to wait through the 5 mins long auto message:ranting:.

I sent a E-request, it tells me will get back to me a month later...

I sent two in-box messages in USCIS site, first reply tells me to go to an local office. 2 days later another message reply said the case went to Texas center, will get back to me in 15 days. hope it will be something useful..

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sherry_c said:

Thanks for your information!

I tried to call, didn't have enough patient to wait through the 5 mins long auto message:ranting:.

I sent a E-request, it tells me will get back to me a month later...

I sent two in-box messages in USCIS site, first reply tells me to go to an local office. 2 days later another message reply said the case went to Texas center, will get back to me in 15 days. hope it will be something useful..

let us know when you have an update

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, CWiggin said:

I'm a CR-1 and had my Temporary I-551 Visa since my Immigration on June 16, 2018 (Payment sent on June 14, 2018) and it's now been over 120 days and I still haven't received my actual Resident Card in the mail.  

I've been monitoring  https://my.uscis.gov/account/ for changes and still shows "In Process" 

I've inquired online and went to my local USCIS office via INFOPass appointment today and both were of no help.  

How long is everyone waiting for their actual card to arrive after immigrating?  Does anyone have any pro tips on expediting the card?

My primary reason for wanting to get the actual card is the temporary I-551 isn't being recognized as a form of ID at a specific bank that I'd like to open an account with and it also has been a struggle getting a drivers license at the California DMV believe it or not but that is processing at least.  ProTip for immigrants the RealID Drivers License process can take up to 90days.  I haven't attempted to get a job yet in the USA ( I work out of country still) but I can only imagine the temporary stamped/visa I-551 is a weaker form of ID in that process too.  

Did you received your green card? I am in the exact same situation. 190 days and haven't received it and the inbox inquiries didn't help. In addition to than I can't schedule an infopass appointment because they don't allow it anymore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, NickSan89 said:

Did you received your green card? I am in the exact same situation. 190 days and haven't received it and the inbox inquiries didn't help. In addition to than I can't schedule an infopass appointment because they don't allow it anymore

No change since my last update.  Still waiting on the ombudsman which mentions within 45business days.  

On 1/25/2019 at 5:37 AM, CWiggin said:

No change since my last update.  Still waiting on the ombudsman which mentions within 45business days.  

I see... When you schedule de appointment via INFOPASS did they schedule another day and another location for the biometrics or you did it the same day on the same location? I was able to schedule an appointment here in LA and I would like to know what to expect. Thank you for information on this case... You are not alone. The electronic submission of our info from the US embassy in our countries to US screw up everything.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NickSan89 said:

I see... When you schedule de appointment via INFOPASS did they schedule another day and another location for the biometrics or you did it the same day on the same location? I was able to schedule an appointment here in LA and I would like to know what to expect. Thank you for information on this case... You are not alone. The electronic submission of our info from the US embassy in our countries to US screw up everything.

You are going in to talk to an officer regarding the green card ?

I am officially worried . At 118 days now

18 minutes ago, ahm12 said:

You are going in to talk to an officer regarding the green card ?

I am officially worried . At 118 days now

If the US Embassy where you started your Visa Process submitted the information electronically and you didn't enter the US with the Visa Immigrant Packet then you are probably in the same situation as me and Cwiggin. DHS expects a physical envelope to process the green card, but all our information is electronically available in a Data Base they should have access to. (I guess)

You are going in to talk to an officer regarding the green card ? yes

Timeline
1 minute ago, NickSan89 said:

If the US Embassy where you started your Visa Process submitted the information electronically and you didn't enter the US with the Visa Immigrant Packet then you are probably in the same situation as me and Cwiggin. DHS expects a physical envelope to process the green card, but all our information is electronically available in a Data Base they should have access to. (I guess)

You are going in to talk to an officer regarding the green card ? yes

yes my wife entered without visa packet.

My friends wife came 15 days later(no visa packet) but her ssc and green card came within one month . So annoying

I had to go request social security after two months. Social security office said they did not receive anything from Uscis 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.