brucelee2018

desperate for ur generous help

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

hello, everyone,

please help me here. I am applying my dad here,but it says in the nvc messages section:  case FE REVIEW NOTE,  Please submit every Form W-2 for my 2017 tax return. but it also says i  am documentarily qualified.  the thing is i dont have w2 , i only report 1500 dollars for miscellaneous job at self employment! in the interview,what should say?when you ask your proof of imcome which i dont have?

mmexport1541396282980.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You have to be over the poverty limit (check online) to be approved. They want to make sure you can take care of the future immigrant. If your W2s do not show that you will need a Co sponsor. Please Google a bit and inform yourself

Filed: Other Timeline

IMO, a person would be foolish to act as a cosponsor for this pair. OP needs to get a job capable of supporting both himself and his dad in separate households.  His very low income is suspect.  It is typical of a student being supported by parents and not of an individual seeking to support a parent as required by immigration sponsorship.

24 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

IMO, a person would be foolish to act as a cosponsor for this pair. OP needs to get a job capable of supporting both himself and his dad in separate households.  His very low income is suspect.  It is typical of a student being supported by parents and not of an individual seeking to support a parent as required by immigration sponsorship.

They’re tightening up on affidavit of support. They now deny if it remotely seems the immigrant will end up on public dole - this looks like such a case. 

Op, get a job and until you’re making enough to not need a co-sponsor postpone the interview for your father. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

On 10/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, willcrack said:

Looks like you guys missed the fact that the OP already  has a joint sponsor added!

I’d say upload what they are asking and relax. 

but i dont have the stuff they are ask. are they gonna ask that in the interview?

Never mind the judgement, other posters don’t have to do what they don’t want to do, but if you have a joint-sponsor and the law allows you to do that then that’s fine.  (If you are a student now, you won’t be forever. One assumes you will actually get a job at some stage.) However as millimelo says, some of the consulates are not just settling for minimum income when it comes to parents anymore.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Never mind the judgement, other posters don’t have to do what they don’t want to do, but if you have a joint-sponsor and the law allows you to do that then that’s fine.  (If you are a student now, you won’t be forever. One assumes you will actually get a job at some stage.) However as millimelo says, some of the consulates are not just settling for minimum income when it comes to parents anymore.

thank your insight ,Sussie, i just passed the income line a bit,  like you said, i might take a bit risk later...... also, it seems like consulate still have power to judge financial support stuff at last, i just underestimated them.. thanks anyway

1 minute ago, brucelee2018 said:

thank your insight ,Sussie, i just passed the income line a bit,  like you said, i might take a bit risk later...... also, it seems like consulate still have power to judge financial support stuff at last, i just underestimated them.. thanks anyway

What was the income level of the cosponsor if you "just passed the income line a bit", and do they live close to you or not? We have seen it here already where someone got denied even with a cosponsor because they lived in a completely different part of the country then them. 

48 minutes ago, brucelee2018 said:

Yes, especially for older parents some consulates are looking for proof that the sponsors can afford healthcare costs. If that’s the case, a “little bit” extra almost certainly won’t be enough and then you will have to wait until you yourself are earning enough.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

You either are working under the table or living on welfare. You cannot support yourself. How do you plan to support him?

How can you jump to that conclusion from what the OP posted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.