Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cyriloh said:

Okay... it's just that my friend told me.... "I got my copy of NOA1, 2 weeks after my boyfriend did." - her exact words.

But alright! :)

I said their is that possibility and even underlined it for emphasis that I didn't doubt what you said, but it was not within "normal" protocol. Anything and all things are open to interruption is what I have learned. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Traveling to spend Christmas with the fiancee in a couple of weeks! :D

I know it should be fine at the border, but it's never 100% a sure thing. I'm taking a letter from work saying when i'm expected back to work etc, and i'll be bringing a couple of payslips as evidence that the letter is legit. 

Anyone here travelled to see their fiance/ee since filing? What was your experience like? I'll be flying from London to Austin, connecting in Dallas/Fort Worth for a flight to Jacksonville, FL. Long and scary journey haha. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Do you have a visitor's visa? I dont think you should have a problem if you do. Although I haven't travelled on my visitor's visa since I applied for the K-1 back in October. Normally they ask you your purpose business or pleasure. Just say vacation, and keep it moving. Rule of thumb is dont volunteer any info that is not required. My Fiance will be here in about 2 weeks so. Maybe someone else can answer based on their recent travel. All the best. Enjoy!

Timeline
3 hours ago, FaintSpartan said:

I know it should be fine at the border, but it's never 100% a sure thing. I'm taking a letter from work saying when i'm expected back to work etc, and i'll be bringing a couple of payslips as evidence that the letter is legit. 

Anyone here travelled to see their fiance/ee since filing? What was your experience like? I'll be flying from London to Austin, connecting in Dallas/Fort Worth for a flight to Jacksonville, FL. Long and scary journey haha. 

Short answer is they don’t care. They probably don’t even know you’ve filed. I’m flying out on Tuesday from London and I’m not worried at all. I’m just going to visit my fiancée for Christmas then heading home. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bring evidence of your return and ties (return flight ticket, proof of employement, so your paystubs and employment letter will help), don’t hand it over unless they ask for it. I travel every 2-3 weeks to Florida from Canada to see my partner and I’m rarely hassled, but I also come prepared! 

4 hours ago, FaintSpartan said:

Many couples travel from the UK or Canada and have no problems. Some as many times as 10 or more times during this K-1 process and never having a problem. So if you are a good "boy scout/girl scout" you'll be prepared and I think that is a good thing. So you arrive at the gate and you do not have to produce any documents - That's GREAT! BUT what if you get questioned and you didn't have any documentation to tie you back to your home country. Will the words "Bye Bye American Pie" take on a whole new meaning? JMHO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

How is everyone holding up during your journey so far? Appears here that everyone is good to go, that's great! Soon it will be 2019 and you will be within closer range.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 12/6/2018 at 3:48 PM, FaintSpartan said:

Hello,

We sent our application early October and I went to spend Thankgiving with him a few weeks ago.

I arrived at Miami Airport from London and I was very worried that they would ask me tricky questions but it was all the contrary.

It was the shortest time I spent at the customs, they didn't even stamp my passport.

They only ask me what was the purpose of my travel, I said : spent thankgiving with friends.

You will be fine 😊 but it is good you are all prepared!

13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

How is everyone holding up during your journey so far? Appears here that everyone is good to go, that's great! Soon it will be 2019 and you will be within closer range.

Well, I am a little cranky. But the one thing I can count on his someone will ask the same question again, without reading the thread and for me I just have to cut and past the answer. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, Candide08 said:

Hello,

We sent our application early October and I went to spend Thankgiving with him a few weeks ago.

I arrived at Miami Airport from London and I was very worried that they would ask me tricky questions but it was all the contrary.

It was the shortest time I spent at the customs, they didn't even stamp my passport.

They only ask me what was the purpose of my travel, I said : spent thankgiving with friends.

You will be fine 😊 but it is good you are all prepared!

So I just got back to the US, landed last night and my passport wasn’t stamped either. I had no issues getting in, but wondering now if this “no stamp” is something new they’re doing

1 hour ago, brandonflude1 said:

So I just got back to the US, landed last night and my passport wasn’t stamped either. I had no issues getting in, but wondering now if this “no stamp” is something new they’re doing

I have heard this said many times to what you have experience. I am beginning to think that they are going all digital and the record is with your I-94. I'm curious why not take a look at your I-94 and see if this trip is posted. It might take 24-48 hours.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I have heard this said many times to what you have experience. I am beginning to think that they are going all digital and the record is with your I-94. I'm curious why not take a look at your I-94 and see if this trip is posted. It might take 24-48 hours.

I-94 is all there and correct :)

3 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

I-94 is all there and correct :)

Then my thought is correct. They are going to more digitized formats moving forward. Print off a copy for your records as at some point in time it will probably drop off and you would have it if ever needed. Thanks for the answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

29 minutes ago, tirac said:

Been 75 days since we get the NOA1,wonder how long more it will take for the NOA2.. 😑

Ohh about 125 more days.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.