Greenbaum

October 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,298 posts in this topic

Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The answer your getting, you'll get this with any goverment agency, their timeline for their process is ALWAYS over inflated. You MUST take their answer with a grain of salt. If you follow this thread with any intent, then there is so much history not only on this topic but other topics. Spread your wings and visit some of the other "monthly" threads and follow the discussion. It's a real education.

When anyone ask the "is anyone experiencing" question the answer most times will be YES because we all are doing exactly the same process. Same forms. Same goal.

Was more less wondering if anyone was receiving 8 weeks while I have been reading people say they were being told 4 to 6 weeks. That what I was asking if anyone was being told 8 weeks.

Timeline
8 hours ago, rye_212 said:

Thats their standard answer.   They told me yesterday it would take 6 weeks to get my case number, but today they said the case number was assigned.  Was received at NVC either 5th Nov or 8th Nov

Thanks rye, that’s the kind of information feedback I was looking for.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

It's amazing the number of people that are just like you and do not take the time to research. You have to do some of the heavy lifting!! Go to the first tab of this thread and read the first entry and you will find your answer. Amazing right??

Most of your questions are going to be answered if you would just read the tabs that are before you in this thread.

I think you should change the initial post instructions from approximately 2-3 weeks to on average,  which by definition would indicate that 50% are quicker and 50% are slower.  This would eliminate being called out for somehow providing information that might be different than actual results and not being in conflict with nvc canned 6 to 8 week response 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just called NVC and they confirmed that they received my files from USCIS yesterday 11/13.

Although the agent told me it takes about 8 weeks for case to be assigned, I hope that moves a bit faster :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sara & Kevin said:

Hi everyone I have a question..

I saw online that the form I-134 affadative of support has a fee... Is that true? Or there is no fee for that form? 

No fee

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just FYI on timing:

Our NOA2 was on 10-22-18

Called NVC and they said they have received our case as of 11-12-18.

They said would take 6 weekd but took 3 weeks.

They now day will take 8 weeks to get a case number, but I suspect it will be much sooner. I think they just are required to say that to give themselves extra time.

For NVC, I think it works like Scotty from Star Trek: "Multiply your estimates by a factor of 4--that's how you keep a reputation as a 'miracle worker'". 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, người nước ngoài said:

Thanks rye, that’s the kind of information feedback I was looking for.

Looking forward to you reporting case number achieved, possibly by end of this week.  

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

I think you should change the initial post instructions from approximately 2-3 weeks to on average,  which by definition would indicate that 50% are quicker and 50% are slower.  This would eliminate being called out for somehow providing information that might be different than actual results and not being in conflict with nvc canned 6 to 8 week response 

Agree.  I’ve been following timelines obsessively in recent weeks.  Average seems to be 20 elapsed days with some taking almost a month .  Reading the intro I was expecting 2 weeks.  Ok; misreading.  

But 3-4 elapsed weeks seems like more useful guidance.  Perhaps the USCIS increased processing average to NOA2 from 5m to 5.5m minimum due to increased volumes also applies to this step.  

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So @Greenbaum et al,

My fiancé went for a B1/2 visa back in March or so...it was denied. ok fine.  But she did her biometrics during that process.    Will she have to do that all over again for the K1?

SO I got my nvc number on November 9 Friday but I still haven’t gotten an email about it. Or a email saying it has left the nvc yet. I’m wondering what’s happening. The lady on the phone told me she had my email address and reviewed it with me. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mreyes said:

SO I got my nvc number on November 9 Friday but I still haven’t gotten an email about it. Or a email saying it has left the nvc yet. I’m wondering what’s happening. The lady on the phone told me she had my email address and reviewed it with me. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks 

You don't really need an email now that you have your case number. I only received an email once my status moved to "In Transit". Just keep tracking your status here: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

5 minutes ago, Mozam said:

You don't really need an email now that you have your case number. I only received an email once my status moved to "In Transit". Just keep tracking your status here: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

Thank you. That made me feel better. It’s still showing at NVC. 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.