dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello guys good morning ,well I just realized that I made a mistake on my ds260,there’s a stupid question that ask:is your spouse immigrating with you to the USA ?? And oh boy I put YES and then the next question to the follow to join at a later date I put NO...I understand that there’s no way I can fix it ,so should my wife mention that to the officer at the interview ???? I know I meesed up but just want to know if I that can be fixed at the interview..!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, pp5 said:

Hello everyone, my case now shows "NVC" now. Two reps told me I have case complete and now in line for interview. How long does it take to receive email

notification about case complete?

Within one week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, pp5 said:

Hello everyone, my case now shows "NVC" now. Two reps told me I have case complete and now in line for interview. How long does it take to receive email

notification about case complete?

Took 4 days for me 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Andy josue said:

Hello guys good morning ,well I just realized that I made a mistake on my ds260,there’s a stupid question that ask:is your spouse immigrating with you to the USA ?? And oh boy I put YES and then the next question to the follow to join at a later date I put NO...I understand that there’s no way I can fix it ,so should my wife mention that to the officer at the interview ???? I know I meesed up but just want to know if I that can be fixed at the interview..!!!

Yea. Tell the consular officer there's an error on your DS260 so that it can be corrected before taking the oath.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yea. Tell the consular officer there's an error on your DS260 so that it can be corrected before taking the oath.

Thank you very much for your answer I appreciate it,I’ll tell my wife to keep that in mind and I called NVC and the rep...told me to do same thing but just wanted make sure..!!thanks again.!!

16 hours ago, lvsweets said:

Monday is a holiday and one less day my case moves forward, the way i look at it lol. Lord give us all patience! Almost a year waiting for my partner to join me here in US

True! All this waiting is driving me crazy 😪

Hi everybody..My interview will be scheduled in Dhaka embassy in few months from now... More than a month ago we received a nvc checklist regarding my marriage certificate and police certificate. We made necessary changes and resubmitted documents. Today we got another checklist from NVC. This time it's regarding affidavit of support. I've attached snapshot of it below.... It's kind of confusing because the letter says though they'll schedule my interview but consular officer will need the missing docs..in the next page they've instructed my husband to send the missing items and untill that happens our Case will be on hold..can someone explain to me what exactly nvc means here? 

Oh I also noticed my case was updated from CR1 to IR1 as we've completed 2 years of marriage this July.. So does this mean on entry.. I'll be given 5years green card? :)

IMG_20181007_004623_789.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-004530.png

Edited by tcy

Timeline
20 minutes ago, tcy said:

Hi everybody..My interview will be scheduled in Dhaka embassy in few months from now... More than a month ago we received a nvc checklist regarding my marriage certificate and police certificate. We made necessary changes and resubmitted documents. Today we got another checklist from NVC. This time it's regarding affidavit of support. I've attached snapshot of it below.... It's kind of confusing because the letter says though they'll schedule my interview but consular officer will need the missing docs..in the next page they've instructed my husband to send the missing items and untill that happens our Case will be on hold..can someone explain to me what exactly nvc means here? 

Oh I also noticed my case was updated from CR1 to IR1 as we've completed 2 years of marriage this July.. So does this mean on entry.. I'll be given 5years green card? :)

IMG_20181007_004623_789.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-004530.png

Nvc wants your husband to send you an updated form i864(affidavit of support)to submit to the consular officer at the time of your interview.

That been said,you will be given a 10year green card and will not need to remove conditions since your marriage is over 2yrs.

Best of luck..!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Atl2018 said:

Hi All, may I check what is the nvc email address which you have received the welcome letter?

I got it from this email address: 

AskNVC@state.gov

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Dann2018 said:

Hi Guys

do you guys know how long it takes from '' your sent has been sent to NVC for visa proccessing '' till NVC actally receives the case? mine was Approved by USCIS on september 18 was sent to NVC on september 28 till now I keep calling and they say they havent received anything yet

Which is your service center? was it Texas or Nebraska?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am thinking of calling NVC on Monday just to get some info about how long my husband should be waiting for this interview appointment letter. Will they give me any info beyond, "you're in line for an interview." Has anyone called NVC after their CC and what kind of info did they give you? 

Met for the first time: 7/2015 (Italy) 

Married: 12/20/2017 (California) :luv:

I-130 petition sent to AZ lockbox: 1/29/2018

I-130 received at AZ lockbox: 1/31/2018

Text/Email update: 2/6/2018 

• Texas Service Center 

NOA1 hard copy: 2/10/2018

• Receipt Date: 2/5/2018

I-130 APPROVED: 8/1/2018

Sent to US Dept. of State: 8/6/2018

Dept. of State Received: 8/15/2018

NVC Welcome Email: 9/4/2018 (around 20:30 California time)

• Paid IV and AOS Fees: 9/4/2018

Completed and Submitted AOS Documents: 9/14/2018

Submitted everything to NVC: 9/16/2018

NVC Case Completed: 10/2/2018 

• Received approval for all AOS and IV documents BUT had to rotate and re-upload husband's passport biographic info page: 9/20/2018

Interview: 11/13/2018 (Naples, Italy)

🇺🇸 APPROVED! 🇺🇸

Immigration day: 12/13/2018

• Point Of Entry: SFO

13 minutes ago, ad8816 said:

I am thinking of calling NVC on Monday just to get some info about how long my husband should be waiting for this interview appointment letter. Will they give me any info beyond, "you're in line for an interview." Has anyone called NVC after their CC and what kind of info did they give you? 

It’s a holiday here on Monday. I’m not sure if NVC will be open though. 

6 hours ago, ad8816 said:

Hi I called NVC after my cc October 3rd. They said the next thing I will hear or 'receive' from them is an email detailing my interview details with an interview packet and just wait. I have scheduled my medical for november 7th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.