dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Il y a 7 minutes, Muhammad Arman a déclaré:

U voulait dire qu'il était temps d'obtenir le numéro de dossier et le numéro de facture. 

Yes, that's it

4 hours ago, classiquemle said:

Mine was sent to a supervisor earlier on in the process for a different reason and they told me 6 weeks, but the next morning it was fixed.  As we know, all cases are different, but I feel like "6 weeks" is their canned response that they have to say.  Hopefully!!!

I'm hoping mine does not take long.. this last process is becoming very frustrating. Everyday waiting for an update

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Binaa said:

Yes, that's it

Ahan that's great best of luck for the medical and interview👍 nope, still no update yet.

Edited by Muhammad Arman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, classiquemle said:

I read "refused entry into the USA" as "got to customs at the airport and they wouldn't let me in", not the same as a visa denial in their home country... there are so many reasons why a visa can be denied - even an error in paperwork. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-denials.html 

But I would call NVC and ask so you're not guessing - you might not even need to figure out the dates!

Thanks for your advice - but I believe the question asks both...

"Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? "

Can someone please help me!  In the NVC forms you are asked if you have ever been refused entry into the USA.

My husband was denied a travel visa twice (before we met) (at least 2-4 years ago)

We CANNOT find the exact dates that he applied. Does anyone know where to find this information???

What if we guess and are wrong?? 

Edited by jscs1218

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jscs1218 said:

"Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? "

Ah ok!  So sorry - then yes I would certainly call NVC.

23 hours ago, classiquemle said:

It seems people are somewhere between one week and two weeks, but some are less and many are more... mine was reviewed a week after we submitted (submitted on 9/21 reviewed on 9/28) and we had to re-submit passport so tomorrow will be another week from that.   I'm hoping we will get CC this week and that there's still a chance for a November interview, but who knows.  

So, how should the passport be submitted ? I see a lot of people having issues with that. Thanks a lot 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Dann2018 said:

So, how should the passport be submitted ? I see a lot of people having issues with that. Thanks a lot 

I honestly haven't been able to find a clear answer, so I submitted it both ways.  Portrait but the photo was sideways; and then I rotated the photo so it was readable and put it in a word document and turned that into a PDF.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, classiquemle said:

I honestly haven't been able to find a clear answer, so I submitted it both ways.  Portrait but the photo was sideways; and then I rotated the photo so it was readable and put it in a word document and turned that into a PDF.  

I submitted a horizontal passport photo pdf file and was accepted from the first time no need to resubmit 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, jscs1218 said:

Can someone please help me!  In the NVC forms you are asked if you have ever been refused entry into the USA.

My husband was denied a travel visa twice (before we met) (at least 2-4 years ago)

We CANNOT find the exact dates that he applied. Does anyone know where to find this information???

What if we guess and are wrong?? 

You mean the USCIS form?

Answer Yes and explain that he was denied a B2 Visa twice in 2014 and 2016.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Abies said:

You mean the USCIS form?

Answer Yes and explain that he was denied a B2 Visa twice in 2014 and 2016.

This question is on the NVC form  - it asks for the month and year I believe - my husband hardly even remembers the year! 

Just want to know if I can get this info somewhere - or if there are repercussions for an educated guess 

Edited by jscs1218

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jscs1218 said:

This question is on the NVC form  - it asks for the month and year I believe - my husband hardly even remembers the year! 

Just want to know if I can get this info somewhere - or if there are repercussions for an educated guess 

There are always repercussions for lying to the US govt. He can't say he doesn't remember the year he tried to apply for a Visa especially when it's less than 5yrs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.