jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

Let's play a game shall we. I got a RFE for EAD and AP. What was the reason? 

A. Uscis does not see the "other names used" section of the form 

B. Uscis doesnt review the marriage certificate carefully to see name change 

C. BOTH A And B 

correct answer is C. Just wrote a memo, attached marriage certificate (with arrow) showing name change. 

Well this is concerning because our marriage certificate doesn't show a name change at all; just a record of marriage. 🙃

All I really have to say to this though is "pbbbbt" - I'm sorry that it happened :(

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

3 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Well this is concerning because our marriage certificate doesn't show a name change at all; just a record of marriage. 🙃

All I really have to say to this though is "pbbbbt" - I'm sorry that it happened :(

Mine neither. My husband's name isnt attached to my name on ours either. And that's normal. Surely "somebody" is just incompetent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ducker said:

Got the EAD card notification earlier in the week, received the card today, sweet.  

Congrats! Did your status change from card being produced to card has been mailed or something?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NashvilleFO said:

Congrats! Did your status change from card being produced to card has been mailed or something?

Good question.  In my account I'd added the MSC number for the I-485, but not the EAD (different by one digit), so I was flying blind a bit in retrospect.  I went ahead and added it today.  To answer your question, here's what it looks like in my account, see screenshot.

CARDMAILED.png

25 minutes ago, Ducker said:

Good question.  In my account I'd added the MSC number for the I-485, but not the EAD (different by one digit), so I was flying blind a bit in retrospect.  I went ahead and added it today.  To answer your question, here's what it looks like in my account, see screenshot.

CARDMAILED.png

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit...is that a different site than we all know about or is it just your view from a PC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit...is that a different site than we all know about or is it just your view from a PC?

Same site, my.uscis.gov, desktop view.  I find it more effective than the app for adding multiple cases and checking the history.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ducker said:

CARDMAILED.png

I see! Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello to all !

Good news for us, and hopefully, for you, too.

As I checked the case tracker before going to sleep, I saw that my EAD card is being issued.Hoping for I-485 these days, as well as advanced parole.

Just to give you heads up, stay strong, your day is coming.

My NOA1 was October 19th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, DenisAlma said:

Hello to all !

Good news for us, and hopefully, for you, too.

As I checked the case tracker before going to sleep, I saw that my EAD card is being issued.Hoping for I-485 these days, as well as advanced parole.

Just to give you heads up, stay strong, your day is coming.

My NOA1 was October 19th.

Your Advanced Parole (AP) comes as part of the EAD. That's why it's called 'Combo-Card'.

Congrats.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
7 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Your Advanced Parole (AP) comes as part of the EAD. That's why it's called 'Combo-Card'.

Congrats.

Thank you for good news, but my status on AP hasn't been changed.

25 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

Thank you for good news, but my status on AP hasn't been changed.

The status for AP rarely changes. If your EAD is approved and you applied for AP concurrently, it will come as  a combo card. That's what we're saying.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:50 PM, Ducker said:

CARDMAILED.png

Congrats! Where is this tab found? Ive been looking in the USCIS so many times and I just saw this info tab from your screenshot!

This might be a stupid question but on our adjustment application we checked that we want a social security number to be issued- when in the process does this get issued? (we went to the social security administration office about a week after my wife got here but was told she was not in the system yet) then later they mailed us a note after our K1 expired that they could not give us one because our documents were expired. Total waste of time but curious if we will get one since we marked the box in the application- anyone have luck with this? 

15 minutes ago, Jjcouple said:

Congrats! Where is this tab found? Ive been looking in the USCIS so many times and I just saw this info tab from your screenshot!

Okay I found this via desktop view but it looks a little different for whatever reason!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.