jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

ohhhhhhhhh
Okay. well in regards to your question, that answer is it depends.
For the most part, most people that I have seen don't update until AFTER u finish Biometrics. Then it will say something like "Fingerprint review was completed"

Perfect! Thanks dear. I got it this afternoon. And no, my status hasnt updated. 

Crappy thing is they scheduled me for the day after Thanksgiving (idiots!)...which is a state holiday. I'm hoping that because they are federal, it wont be observed. I'll be stuck on the phone trying to figure out if they will be open that day, I guess🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Question (and probably a repetitive one):

Will my status on myuscis.gov update when my biometrics appt has been scheduled?

(Asking so I can stop checking like a maniac and wont be worried if it doesnt change after I get the letter...)

Haven't seen an update like that even though biometrics is already scheduled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

My Combo AOS applications was received Oct 8, 2018. I had my biometrics on October 29th which went fast. The USCIS Hawaii office was practically empty on that day. 

Anyways, I got my SSN before getting married back in July 2018 which was great but the only thing that I was able to use if for was my health insurance after marriage. I couldnt even open my bank account using that.

I am hoping for a really fast process despite what the processing time table says and thats for everyone here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Checking in. Filed in Boston on Oct 2nd. Got Biometrics done on the 5th of Nov. 

Supposedly they have been turning things around quickly here... so we will see. 

My case status has updated to ".....we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,..." so we will see. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, DIVITA said:

Hi guys update got app for biog for Nov 19 hopefully process move fast 

I'm in Maryland too! 🙋‍♀️My biometrics appt is Nov 13 in Baltimore! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
3 hours ago, ypsirccim said:

Checking in. Filed in Boston on Oct 2nd. Got Biometrics done on the 5th of Nov. 

Supposedly they have been turning things around quickly here... so we will see. 

My case status has updated to ".....we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,..." so we will see. 

I had my biometrics Nov 1 but my status never changed. :( It still says fingerprint fee was received.

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/7/2018 at 7:52 AM, Gibus said:

I'm glad I took my playstation with me 😂, also found a few places to volunteer, even if it's not passionating it still helps!

Lol i am glad i took mine too. Folks on GTA 5 online now know me :D 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, emekus94 said:

ohhhhhhhhh
Okay. well in regards to your question, that answer is it depends.
For the most part, most people that I have seen don't update until AFTER u finish Biometrics. Then it will say something like "Fingerprint review was completed"

I greet you my oga at the top!

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
46 minutes ago, angelo_brianna said:

Do you guys know how much longer a RFIE will delay our AoS application? Just received one last week for my Affidavit of Support and I hope that it will not impact our timeline too much 😬

What was your RFE for? We've had several members, including me, get an RFE for  "no recent tax return" aka USCIS lost it. I don't think it will delay it by much. We sent an RFE response by monday, it arrived to USCIS by Wednesday, and USCIS updated the online case status to "RFE recived" my Friday. It was all done in a week.

I'm not too concerned about it, I'm sure the interview date will come soon. My main concern right now is getting the work permit for my spouse. Waiting 5 months for your spouse to finally work is a beating. I understand why folks said it was "hell" and I totally agree. 

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

What was your RFE for? We've had several members, including me, get an RFE for  "no recent tax return" aka USCIS lost it. I don't think it will delay it by much. We sent an RFE response by monday, it arrived to USCIS by Wednesday, and USCIS updated the online case status to "RFE recived" my Friday. It was all done in a week.

I'm not too concerned about it, I'm sure the interview date will come soon. My main concern right now is getting the work permit for my spouse. Waiting 5 months for your spouse to finally work is a beating. I understand why folks said it was "hell" and I totally agree. 

quite confusing actually, it said that i didn't send all the tax returns and that my joint sponsor did not meet the poverty guidelines requirement. The confusing thing is that i sent everything and that my joint sponsor's income is way above the required, more than 10x..

I actually created a new thread about it: 
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/689455-rfie-i-864-not-enough-income/

anyway thanks for the input!

Edited by angelo_brianna

Timeline

My uscis status just changed to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”. Now wondering how long it takes for Phoenix. Some offices only took less than 3 months, hoping for the best!

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, BnK said:

My uscis status just changed to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”. Now wondering how long it takes for Phoenix. Some offices only took less than 3 months, hoping for the best!

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=0&op1=6&op2=d&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11&op8=Phoenix AZ&xfr=&vtype=0&interview=

Looks like about 4 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.