DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, R+A said:

Didnt receive any email, case status online hasn't changed. Called USCIS and was told that my case was approved on 05/10/2019. Very excited!!!

Waiting to receive official letter via mail and nvc about the case. Good luck to all. I highly recommnd to call USCIS customsr service and ask to look into their system for your case activity. Thats where they post officers decision about I-130

Congrats! Did you talk to an operator or was it the machine that told you that? 

I called and couldn’t get to talk to someone. 

I tried making an online inquire since my pd is September 14 I couldn’t make one then I called and was told I have to let it pass for another day passing my priority date and I did now it says September 15 and still couldn’t make an inquiry😔 it’s exactly 8 months since I filed and I have not heard nor any mails from USCIS😭 hopefully soon🙏🙏🙏

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi friends :) I’ve received an email that my case was approved!!! Case status still shows case received but https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ has been updated.

case IR-5 -TSC /Pd-09/25/2018 Approval May 14, 2019. I couldn’t find forum for parent filers for September so I figured I share on here. Either way it’s immediate relative lol 😂 I’m wishing everyone victory! Your time will come have faith and trust the process. Everyone has their timing and with great patience there’s victory!😁

Edited by OneHappyMamma

On 5/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, ANGELC011 said:

Congrats! Did you talk to an operator or was it the machine that told you that? 

I called and couldn’t get to talk to someone. 

I did speak an operator. There is 25 mins hold. you dial uscis customer service number, press 1, then 2, 7 and 5. this is for technical support to file application electronically. but you tell them you are lost and dont know your case status. then they can tell you.

Does anyone know how to find out whether nvc had receive your approved case or not? It looks like whoever case was approved end of april, 2019, nvc already received them and processing them

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, R+A said:

Does anyone know how to find out whether nvc had receive your approved case or not? It looks like whoever case was approved end of april, 2019, nvc already received them and processing them

The only way is to call and ask them of they relieves your case. Mine was received April 24th and still no case number.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, R+A said:

i was approved on april 19th but still no case number from nvc

On 4/25/2019 at 8:59 PM, Allison1128 said:

TSC seems very quite this past week....  :(

Hi Allison,

I Have the exact same PD date as yours. I still haven't heard anything from TSC. I am getting nervous because late September fillers are getting their Approval. Please keep me uodated because I feel like my case is left behind. 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:16 AM, Allison1128 said:

Another very quiet week for TSC .... (sigh 

It's definitely so much slower compared to last month ...

Any early Sep filers still waiting? 

Yes, September 24th TSC.
My husband called this week, and the lady said they were processing PD dates upto 18 sept this week. She told us we should be receiving an approval in a week or two. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Sean and Marie

7 hours ago, Sean and Marie said:

Yes, September 24th TSC.
My husband called this week, and the lady said they were processing PD dates upto 18 sept this week. She told us we should be receiving an approval in a week or two. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for the info. I am hoping next hear something from them next week or else I will try call them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband tried to submit a case inquiry tonight (PD Sept. 20th, the site says Sept. 21st for inquiry) but it told him that our case is still within normal processing times. We will try again tomorrow since it just ticked over to the 21st a few hours ago. I know that it won't do anything in terms of speeding processing up but I really hope cases that have inquiries made about them count against their numbers or something.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, DGF said:

My husband tried to submit a case inquiry tonight (PD Sept. 20th, the site says Sept. 21st for inquiry) but it told him that our case is still within normal processing times. We will try again tomorrow since it just ticked over to the 21st a few hours ago. I know that it won't do anything in terms of speeding processing up but I really hope cases that have inquiries made about them count against their numbers or something.

Same Here. My PD is Sep 20th too and I wasn't able to submit an inquiry also. I was thinking perhaps the receipt day listed on the website might be the notice day.

My notice day is Sep 24th.

Sep 20th was the day when they received my case.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

As everyone in this group gets closer to the NVC, I made a list of documents needed so you guys can prepare. NVC is reviewing documents in two business days. That means the quicker you scan and upload you documents, the quicker your interview will be scheduled. The first step at NVC is to make the payments once case number is assigned: $325 and $120.

The IV application and requested documents will available 2 to 3 business days after payment is entered.

For the IV application, you will need the beneficiary's address history from the age of 16 and school information (high school and above). So get that ready.

The following documents are needed:

Civil Documents:

Beneficiary birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce papers (if any), beneficiary passport picture, and police certificate for any country lived over 6 months (not including USA).

AOS Documents:

Sponsor: I-864, 2018 tax transcript, and proof of domicile (if your physical address is not in the US).

Joint-Sponsor: I-864, proof of U.S. Status (passport, birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, green card), proof of U.S. Domicile (lease, mortgage, utility bill, car re gistration, voter registration, etc.),  and 2018 tax transcript.

Good luck to everyone, and hope this helps.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

Same Here. My PD is Sep 20th too and I wasn't able to submit an inquiry also. I was thinking perhaps the receipt day listed on the website might be the notice day.

My notice day is Sep 24th.

Sep 20th was the day when they received my case.  

Ohhh interesting. We tried again this morning and it's still not letting us. Our notice date is Sept 25th so hopefully we don't have to wait until then. It would be incredibly stupid if they used "receipt date" instead of "notice date" when the NOA1 has a "received date" on it :P 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

On 5/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, Sean and Marie said:

19 hours ago, DGF said:

19 hours ago, DGF said:

My PD date is also Sept 20th but couldn't submit an inquiry. So, I called the USCIS today and they told me that my case is still under normal processing  because the estimate time for case inquiry is 8.5 months. our case still on 8 months so we still three more weeks before we can submit an inquiry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.