485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

October 1st 2018 filer here. 

Had our interview on February 7th 2019. Interviewing Officer could not approve our case as she did not have our medicals (full story here:

After waiting for five weeks expecting RFE we got an email this morning saying we got approved. Filing to approval time was five and a half months. 

Hi! We filled by the end of December, had the biometrics last week of January and got "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" update yesterday. Hoping for a June date.  Stressing a little bit over the medicals,  have seen quite a few people having problems with just the  DS-3025.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
23 hours ago, lusiaan said:

Hi! We filled by the end of December, had the biometrics last week of January and got "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" update yesterday. Hoping for a June date.  Stressing a little bit over the medicals,  have seen quite a few people having problems with just the  DS-3025.

Mine too...

NOA: December 27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a question!

Do we file for an ssn after getting our work permit? I read on the website that we can't get an ssn as a non-us citizen unless we are allowed to work.

9 hours ago, Bladeness said:

Do we file for an ssn after getting our work permit? I read on the website that we can't get an ssn as a non-us citizen unless we are allowed to work.

If you file before ead, the ssn card will have a note "allowed to work only with authorization". Which is true, for people who came here on k1, we are technically allowed to work - with the permit. https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530

I applied before getting married and came back to change my name after and got refused. So now, when I get my ead or green card I will go back and they should give me a new card with my new name and without the authorization note. At least that's what I read. Maybe the note stays and we use it with the other document.

I'm glad I got the number before: we used it to add me to his insurance, tax purposes and to get my learner's permit.

Btw, yesterday I got an update we got scheduled for an interview! In a week after "ready to schedule" status. Waiting for the letter now.

9 hours ago, Bladeness said:

I got my SSN right after we got married. the only issue i had with getting was my state ID before i got my work permit. so you should be fine aslong as you have your birth certificate and your marriage license... the original if possible thats been stamped. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Timeline
1 hour ago, lusiaan said:

Btw, yesterday I got an update we got scheduled for an interview! In a week after "ready to schedule" status. Waiting for the letter now.

After read that you got another update, i checked mine also

and Yeayyyyy.....mine also change to "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED"

hopefully i can receive my interview invitation by today also... hahahahaa (to good to be true,LOL)

12 minutes ago, yuni_yuni said:

hopefully i can receive my interview invitation by today also... hahahahaa (to good to be true,LOL)

Great news! Curious to see our dates 😊

Timeline

Just a question- I am adjusting status from a K1 visa to a marriage-based green card. I applied for an EAD at the same time and I ticked the box on the EAD application asking if I would like them to send me a SSN card at the same time. If I happen to get my green card before the EAD (which I know is rare), then do I still have to wait for my SSN card to arrive in order to work? Or will they cancel my previous application for the SSN card and give me a different one? Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, yuni_yuni said:

I just checked it this morning and I got the same update!! I am waiting for the letter now! I am so excited!! 

🥳

Edited by kyquintero

Timeline
1 hour ago, UA21 said:

Hey congrats! What is your timeline? 

Thank you!!

I can see you just joint the VJ forum? am i right?

so, Welcome to VJ Forum! if you want to know every member time line you can click the "time line" button also please complete your timeline also please...

my AOS NOA 1 December 27, 2018 and did the biometrics on January 22, 2019, how about you?

Edited by yuni_yuni
add some words

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.