485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ttjewell said:

Did the officer tell you that you were approved?

No that's why i am nervous now. The interviewer said she will review it and USCIS will send email to me if what is the result

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/4/2018 at 6:29 PM, TadAngel said:

Our Online Case Status changed 6 days ago on October 29th....to "Interview Was Scheduled". How long does it typically take to receive the Interview Appointment Letter in the Mail? Glad to hear the Detroit Office is a pretty smooth process.

Congratulations on getting your interview scheduled. :) 

For me the interview date was around 40 days from the day online status changed to "Interview was scheduled". So it might be sometime in December first week.

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Timeline
On 11/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, Pzs said:

I

I really hope so. If anyone received their interview letter already please let me know if they come signed. Thank you so much, good luck to you too!

My interview letter is not signed.

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jemilyn said:

I am waiting for my case status change online because the interviewer said they will send an email to me. It was 1 hr and 5 mins interview by the way! 

Wow that was a very long interview and sounds so intense. I am hoping the outcome of this interview is positive. 🤞

If you dont mind sharing with us, what were the questions asked ?? Other than the yes/no questions from the form I-485.

And also did the interviewer said anything negative or any comments ?? Just wanted to see why it was a very long interview.

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jemilyn said:

No. I don't think they will give any because i had interview already. I'm crossing my fingers now and praying to get the green card next week. 

Actually if it takes more time to issue your greencard then they will issue the EAD/AP when they are due to be issued, Even after your interview is conducted. 

But I am praying for you that you receive your approval letters sometime this week and greencard next week. 

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
2 hours ago, ttjewell said:

Did you get any updates yet?

Not yet 😢 still waiting until now i have been refreshing the case tracker during office hours. It's holiday on Monday.... i hope i get update today... praying and hoping it is " CASE APPROVED " status 😢

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jemilyn said:

Not yet 😢 still waiting until now i have been refreshing the case tracker during office hours. It's holiday on Monday.... i hope i get update today... praying and hoping it is " CASE APPROVED " status 😢

I hope by now you have received some good news and your card has been approved 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ttjewell said:

I hope by now you have received some good news and your card has been approved 

Still waiting 😢 but i got my combo card already goodnews is i can take written exam now in Secretary of State

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 1:15 PM, Balaji_v said:

Yeah I believe your congressman or senator might be helpful. 

alternatively you could call USCIS call center and talk to the representative and see what they think of it.. no harm in trying.

I hope yours get scheduled soon.

Thank you 😊

After so many months (even forgot I applied for GC), I finally got a notification online saying "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"!!! I was thinking my application might have been misplaced in a trashcan or something. 😣

Does anyone know how long it will take them to schedule the interview? I read some people's timeline and it ranges from 4 weeks to 4 months..!!! Is there an intermediate  status change before the interview actually gets scheduled? (like "interview is scheduled") Will I get a notice in mail about this?

Thank you! Hopefully I will hear from them again soon! And good luck to everyone! 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, yujuwithyot said:

After so many months (even forgot I applied for GC), I finally got a notification online saying "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"!!! I was thinking my application might have been misplaced in a trashcan or something. 😣

Does anyone know how long it will take them to schedule the interview? I read some people's timeline and it ranges from 4 weeks to 4 months..!!! Is there an intermediate  status change before the interview actually gets scheduled? (like "interview is scheduled") Will I get a notice in mail about this?

Thank you! Hopefully I will hear from them again soon! And good luck to everyone! 

Sorry to hear that it took you so long !!

"Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" means the NBC processed your application and they have sent it to your local office which is Detroit field office for Michiganders.

Depending on the work load and availability of the interview slots, they would schedule your interview. And will mail the appointment letter to you along with the online update.

Like you said it can vary between weeks to months to get it scheduled.

In my case it took about 2 months to get it scheduled after the online notification "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview".

I am sorry about the long wait !!

I wish you all the best and hopefully yours gets scheduled soon. :)

Removal of Conditions:

11 minutes ago, Balaji_v said:

Sorry to hear that it took you so long !!

"Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" means the NBC processed your application and they have sent it to your local office which is Detroit field office for Michiganders.

Depending on the work load and availability of the interview slots, they would schedule your interview. And will mail the appointment letter to you along with the online update.

Like you said it can vary between weeks to months to get it scheduled.

In my case it took about 2 months to get it scheduled after the online notification "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview".

I am sorry about the long wait !!

I wish you all the best and hopefully yours gets scheduled soon. :)

Thank you for the reply. Finger crossed that Detroit office schedules it soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, yujuwithyot said:

Thank you for the reply. Finger crossed that Detroit office schedules it soon!

Mine stuck on finger fee received for all must month after I had my biometric I called usicis they says it’s still on normal proccessing :(  seems they are being slow 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.