485 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2018 at 9:27 PM, ImagineMe said:

Finally got a notice today of our interview date for Jan 8th. Took exactly 2 months before we got that date. 

Hello! I was wondering how long before you got the notice in the mail after the status  changed to "interview is scheduled" for you? The website showed that status on Dec. 11th but we haven't got anything in the mail. A bit worried about missing the interview... 

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, yujuwithyot said:

Hello! I was wondering how long before you got the notice in the mail after the status  changed to "interview is scheduled" for you? The website showed that status on Dec. 11th but we haven't got anything in the mail. A bit worried about missing the interview... 

Thanks!

My interview letter came in the mail within a week from the online status update. Just to be sure, you can call the USCIS customer service and try to find out about the mail. 

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

I finally got my combo card yesterday in the mail! It got accepted on the 12th and yesterday i received it. 

Still waiting on them to review the initial evidence i sent back for the AOS so they can schedule my interview. I guess mine is backwards to everyone else, i've received my combo card before an interview date lol. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

23 hours ago, Balaji_v said:

My interview letter came in the mail within a week from the online status update. Just to be sure, you can call the USCIS customer service and try to find out about the mail. 

Thank you. We called them last night and it seems like Detroit office might have not mailed the notice out. We will just have to keep waiting... 🤔 Just hope that our notice wasn't lost in mail .

My interview was finally scheduled yesterday!! Yay!! 😁😁

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys I just got rfe today on the mail claiming that my wife income doesn’t meet poverty guild line but this wrong my wife she is self employed and last year just made more than 24k seems they didn’t checked schedule c on the tax return I don’t know what to do should I look for join sponsor or should I contact the Congressman We need your advise guys :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 12:11 PM, yujuwithyot said:

Thanks!

I think it was a week or 2. They dont always send out the notice right away after its scheduled. So far from what I've read, the government shutdown shouldn't affect interviews either. One thing they list is various things they should already have like the divorce decree, to which I am trying to track down our copy. Lot of stuff got shifted around when we moved Nov 1st. Not too worried about it as it seems they rarely ask for any of that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aos approved! 🥰 my card is mailed today..

Going to have a rest in paperworks for for few years

Edited by Jemilyn

• 3 weeks later...

It has been more than a month since the online status changed to "interview scheduled". We still haven't got the interview date notice in mail. Called USCIS several times and all they could tell us is "the field office ordered the notice but no record of mailing them out yet." Is there anyone having similar situation ....? At this point, we are even thinking to request a info pass at detroit office but wondering if it is gonna help :(  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
47 minutes ago, yujuwithyot said:

It has been more than a month since the online status changed to "interview scheduled". We still haven't got the interview date notice in mail. Called USCIS several times and all they could tell us is "the field office ordered the notice but no record of mailing them out yet." Is there anyone having similar situation ....? At this point, we are even thinking to request a info pass at detroit office but wondering if it is gonna help :(  

I would definitely try and schedule an appointment they normally give about 40 days notice for your interview.

good luck 

5 minutes ago, ttjewell said:

I would definitely try and schedule an appointment they normally give about 40 days notice for your interview.

good luck 

Thank you. I just checked the detroit office and apparently they don't accept any infopass appointment for now. Oooooops :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, yujuwithyot said:

Thank you. I just checked the detroit office and apparently they don't accept any infopass appointment for now. Oooooops :( 

Oh bummer. Perhaps try and call USCIS again and get a number for the Detroit office

• 2 weeks later...

Had my interview today, all went well and i got approved!! The interviewer was so chill and made us feel so relaxed. Didn't really ask to look at any papers of mine, just mainly my partners stuff at the end of the interview just so that he could take down a few notes. 

All went well and smooth though considering i had lost my birth certificate and was worrying over not having it! 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

On 1/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, ttjewell said:

Oh bummer. Perhaps try and call USCIS again and get a number for the Detroit office

It has been a few weeks so I think I need to update my situation and perhaps some of you can share your experiences... 😥

We didn't receive any interview notice, even though it said the interview is scheduled online. We kept waiting until we received the notice ON JAN. 29TH saying our interview is scheduled on Jan. 16th.  Yes we didn't show up on the interview because USCIS forgot to put apartment number on the mail so it was returned. The whole time, USCIS customer service told us the notice has not been mailed out yet. GREAT. 

We called USCIS and they asked Detroit office to reschedule the interview. Detroit office, however, needed further information on the reason why we need to. The latest action we did is to send detroit office a written letter, including the evidence that they didn't put the address right so we didn't receive it.

So here is my question:

What is the best thing to do now since no infopass is accepted anymore? We contacted a senate but everything is moving very slow now. Is there a way to get the interview scheduled soon? 

Thanks everyone. I'm sure when we look back in a few years, these will all seem like nothing.  It is just tiring when we are still in it.... 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I applied for my aos application on Nov 1st haven't heard back from EAD or I-485 since the bio-metrics appointment. Based on everyone's timeline on this website it shows that average time is 4-5 months. I do not agree with that timeline at all it seems like it will take 6-7 months for GC. I would love to hear from more people from Detroit field office in order to create a more comprehensive understanding of current timelines.

Greek 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.