camlarcam

Tinder K1 Interview

85 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Shiran said:

I can tell you why I haven't looked into it. Because based of the nature of it it seems clearly those are separate businesses. I've met my fiancee online as well, but it wasn't even any sort of dating website/app, just a chat room. Us falling for each was serendipitous accident, not part of either of us goal,  so I just answered "No" to IMB question without giving it a second thought. 

Gotcha. The term "IMB" by itself strongly suggests what it means and most people would be able to infer its definition. But I'm also the kind of person to Google everything I'm unfamiliar with so if I had done K1, I know I would have googled "IMB" just to make sure (even though my husband and I didn't meet online). Like you say though, I feel like actual IMB sites make it clear what business they're in and luckily for OP, Tinder is not in that business haha.

Filed: Timeline
46 minutes ago, camlarcam said:

We kept a copy of everything we sent and that is not in there. we just sent a few pictures of us together, family pictures, chat logs and plane tickets. Nothing about how we meet. We just assumed that would come up at the interview. 

do you have a copy of the 129f you filled out and mailed in or not?

1 minute ago, Damara said:

do you have a copy of the 129f you filled out and mailed in or not?

We do, and we answered yes for question 53 and provided photos and plane tickets as evidence of meeting in person within the past two years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Questions 53 and 54 have nothing to do with IMB, or the story about how people initially met. Sure you can include that, but it is very explicitly asks about circumstances and proof of IN-PERSON meeting. 55 is an easy No for anyone who explicitly didn't seek out services of IMB websites are not really hiding, their entire business model is to be that,  arranging  international marriages. 

This answered my concern. Thank you so much. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Filipina_2018 said:

This answered my concern. Thank you so much. 

You are so close! Hopefully you  will get your good news  in a couple of short months, without any Facebook RFE related delays! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, WandY said:

They do not require you to print TOS (terms of service) for couples that meet online. That's a myth. I wish VJ'ers would stop spreading this bogus info. I went through a high-fraud country (we met online) and never an issue. Many of my friends and acquaintances married from dating sites - never an issue. No TOS print-outs. Almost everyone meets online. You only need to say that you met through online dating site. That's not a marriage broker. Quit worrying about it - not an issue in the digital age.

Not true to all. There were still few people who are getting an RFE to prove that the website where they met is not an IMB. Nobody is forcing anybody to include one, but if you really want to secure yourself for future delays, then I guess printing TOS won’t hurt you that much or will cause you any penny.  Knowing how unpredictable USCIS... you must always fill your bags...

Because.......Better safe than sorry....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Not true to all. There were still few people who are getting an RFE to prove that the website where they met is not an IMB. Nobody is forcing anybody to include one, but if you really want to secure yourself for future delays, then I guess printing TOS won’t hurt you that much or will cause you any penny.  Knowing how unpredictable USCIS... you must always fill your bags...

Because.......Better safe than sorry....

I agree with that. I think including TOS is a good idea exactly because of the reason you said,: USCIS unpredictability. But those of us who didn't include it for one reason or the other will have to take solace in the fact it was not explicitly required on 129F, and in worst case scenario it might be RFE, not denial. 

Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

I agree with that. I think including TOS is a good idea exactly because of the reason you said,: USCIS unpredictability. But those of us who didn't include it for one reason or the other will have to take solace in the fact it was not explicitly required on 129F, and in worst case scenario it might be RFE, not denial. 

Don’t you worry. Actually, we wont know unless we will be receiving one. My fiance and I also met online. We didn’t include TOS from the website but we did include our first conversations from there. I was expecting that was our RFE about but it turned out a different one. What we can only hope now is for the best for every petition to be approved with no RFE’s and further delays.

If it really bothers you, start contacting the website where you met and ask for any letter stating that they are not an IMB. It will be of great help incase you will be needing one. 

Godbless us all in this journey for love....❤️❤️❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
45 minutes ago, camlarcam said:

We do, and we answered yes for question 53 and provided photos and plane tickets as evidence of meeting in person within the past two years.

Please fill out your timeline 🙂🙃

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Don’t you worry. Actually, we wont know unless we will be receiving one. My fiance and I also met online. We didn’t include TOS from the website but we did include our first conversations from there. I was expecting that was our RFE about but it turned out a different one. What we can only hope now is for the best for every petition to be approved with no RFE’s and further delays.

If it really bothers you, start contacting the website where you met and ask for any letter stating that they are not an IMB. It will be of great help incase you will be needing one. 

Godbless us all in this journey for love....❤️❤️❤️

Yes, I've been reading January and February threads, I hope they accept your little RFE checkbox without any further delays! I am not even going to seriously start worrying about things until February. 

Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

Yes, I've been reading January and February threads, I hope they accept your little RFE checkbox without any further delays! I am not even going to seriously start worrying about things until February. 

Thank you... :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My interpretation is you don't "meet" a person on tinder, you match and start talking on tinder. You "meet" them in real life when you go on some type a date to starbucks, the park, movies etc. I initially matched with my fiancee on tinder, but we actually met at a hiking trail, and that was the in-person story of how we met for the K1 Petition. It was accepted, no RFE, no delay, approved embassy interview, etc. She arrives here September 13th.

Printing out the terms of service for Facebook or tinder, being nervous about "meeting" online, etc. is all unnecessary. It clearly says "in person" meeting not "online meeting." As in, where you met them "in person." Atleast that's what I did, because it's true we met on a hike not on tinder. 

The entire point of of all these dating apps and sites is to meet someone in "real life," until you actually meet them in real life they could be a catfish or Russian troll bot.  In my book, matching with someone online is not meeting them.

Edited by Rocko20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.