956 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, Spotify said:

I sent mine on the 8th as well.  They got it on the 11th.  They charged my credit card on the 12th and also sent me a text/email that day.  

How did you pay?  I sent mine out on September 10th.  USPS notified me that it was delivered on the 13th.  Still no money has been taken out.  I paid via a personal check..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

How did you pay?  I sent mine out on September 10th.  USPS notified me that it was delivered on the 13th.  Still no money has been taken out.  I paid via a personal check..

@MaryDave1992  I'm a day behind you. I sent mine out on September 11th, got the USPS notification that it was delivered very early in the morning on the 14th. I haven't received an email confirmation. I, too, paid by personal check, and the money has not yet been withdrawn. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

@MaryDave1992  I'm a day behind you. I sent mine out on September 11th, got the USPS notification that it was delivered very early in the morning on the 14th. I haven't received an email confirmation. I, too, paid by personal check, and the money has not yet been withdrawn. 

Keep me updated on your progress, please :) and good luck!! No more news on my end...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Keep me updated on your progress, please :) and good luck!! No more news on my end...

I will, and please do the same 😊. Hopefully, it will be very soon. Good luck to you, too!!!!

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I will, and please do the same 😊. Hopefully, it will be very soon. Good luck to you, too!!!!

Just got my text!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Just got my text!!!

Yay!!! Thank you for letting me know!!! This is so exciting!

Filed: Other Timeline

Just got my text!!! Question... if we get a text, will we not get an email? Or will we get both?

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
14 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

Yay!!! Thank you for letting me know!!! This is so exciting!

So excited! I hope you get yours today!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 2:41 PM, John & Rose said:

Hello everyone.  I thought I would hang out here even though I am a September CR-1 filer.  For those who dont know me, we were June 17 K-1 filers that made it through the whole process and were denied in AP.  It was my fault but my experience will help people here.  At least I hope so.

Why were you denied if you dont mind me asking?

08/30/2018 - Sent I-129F package via USPS

09/04/2018 - Picked up from Dallas Lockbox

09/08/2018 - Check cashed

09/10/2018 - Case number received via text/email

Old NOA1 - 08/31/2018

New NOA1 - 09/06/2018

NOA2 - 01/18/2019

01/24/2019 - Checked new website and see an approval!

02/06/2019 - NVC received our case. Pending Case #

02/11/2019 - Called NVC, Case # has been assigned.

04/09/2019 - K1 Interview/Approved!

1 hour ago, jayesel said:

Why were you denied if you dont mind me asking?

I failed to mention a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest that was dropped and later expunged.  It was my fault and partially the fault of the company we used to help with the petition.  The governments instructions were very clear.  The company we used was not as clear as they should have been.  Since there are no public records and no possibility of me getting any information, I assumed it was no longer an impediment.  The expungement ordered all records, digital and hard, to be destroyed.  There was no record that I could produce so I failed to add it to the petition.  That was my mistake and we were denied because of the petitioner failing to disclose information in the petition.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

41 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I failed to mention a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest that was dropped and later expunged.  It was my fault and partially the fault of the company we used to help with the petition.  The governments instructions were very clear.  The company we used was not as clear as they should have been.  Since there are no public records and no possibility of me getting any information, I assumed it was no longer an impediment.  The expungement ordered all records, digital and hard, to be destroyed.  There was no record that I could produce so I failed to add it to the petition.  That was my mistake and we were denied because of the petitioner failing to disclose information in the petition.

John,

I just saw your post. I am devastated for you both. :(

35 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

John,

I just saw your post. I am devastated for you both. :(

Honestly, we are good.  While it slowed us down a little, we had an amazing wedding with Rose's family in attendance.  All told, I am actually happy it worked out this way.  To be able to share that experience with Rose's family was worth the extra time required.  Now I get to wait with my wife instead of my fiancee.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

So excited! I hope you get yours today!! :)

Not yet. Hopefully tomorrow. The suspense is terrible and this is just the beginning! 😄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.