Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there someone here from the Philippines that's scheduling their Interview date? Would just like to know when is the earliest date available? Thank you!

Edited by LaPrincesa04

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, pknick said:

HI A_R details pl.. it helps our case too. Im also on the similar timeline with few weeks gap. How did you know the case number?

Hi @pknick  After 12-15 days of NOA2 date on letter call NVC to ask whether they have received your case, call next day after date of NVC receiving date - 99% you should get your case no. next day . It should start with BMB as all K1 visas are processed in Mumbai now only.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Catheryne said:

Hey so they said that its just generic msg or something that i should wait till embassy receives case and thats gonna change. They said that they dont schedule interviews for k1 so we are good . He said call embassy and they can give me more info 😁 wait its soon over for us goodluck 😄

Hey! Great!!!! 😊

Thank you so much for calling and letting me know!

Good luck to you too 😉

P.s. I would have schedule the interview too but for Italy I gotta wait until my case has reached the embassy. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, A_R said:

Got our case number 😊😊

Hey @Greenbaum - I remember some time back info regarding deciphering the NVC was shared - basically what all the digits in the no. mean . I know first four is the year and last three mean the number of cases processed by NVC on that date - right? 

Also, I think i remember there was some way you could track your case once it was in transit to the embassy on the ups website or something. Any idea how??

Timeline
24 minutes ago, LaPrincesa04 said:

Is there someone here from the Philippines that's scheduling their Interview date? Would just like to know when is the earliest date available? Thank you!

You can check it here: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com when you create an account. You dont have to set the appointment right away though. I dont know how to check it right now since we already scheduled ours and couldn't view the calendar. 

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Alex Lamarre said:

Called Right now, they told me my case is still at NVC for additional check up... but they cant tell me when it will be in transit.

I thought nvc just send cases to embassy didn't know they're involve in check 

16 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hey! Great!!!! 😊

Thank you so much for calling and letting me know!

Good luck to you too 😉

P.s. I would have schedule the interview too but for Italy I gotta wait until my case has reached the embassy. 

Well that should be quick anyway hope everything goes fast for you 🙏🏼

5 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

The lady just told me that... Im just waiting for updates, till tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, aminkowz said:

I read somewhere here that you can book your interview once it hit "In Transit" for London. Try it..

Unfortunately it didn't work yet. hopefully its not long now anyway

Timeline
35 minutes ago, JL2017 said:

You can check it here: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com when you create an account. You dont have to set the appointment right away though. I dont know how to check it right now since we already scheduled ours and couldn't view the calendar. 

Thank you! What should I put in priority date? 

Edited by LaPrincesa04

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LaPrincesa04 said:

Thank you! What should I put in priority date? 

We used the NOA1 date that is on the hard copy. That's what the NVC wrote on the email when they replied with our MNL case number. 

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, BrianC said:

Case in transit to embassy today.  Updated this morning.

Same here :)

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

There is very minimal processing done by nvc on k1’s as they leave it to the embassy to process the cases. I learned a great deal about the process as my case was received by nvc on 9-5 and my case just left nvc today as it did not go out with the 9-18 batch. 

I kept on on asking for supervisor after supervisor, going up the chain of command until  what I got on the phone was a unit chief I believe as the customer service reps were of no help.  My case sat at nvc for no apparent reason. 

Here is what this individual told me. When they receive the approved 129f from UScis, The check to ensure that it’s been stamped. He said they occasionally receive a petition from US CIS and it does not have the appropriate approval stamp in the upper left-hand corner. They are also checking to make sure that the three criminal questions have been answered. He noted that there are times when the petitioner  will forget to complete those questions and those questions are subsequently missed by the adjudicator.  In both of these instances the case will then be sent back to UScis. He said if one of these things occur nvc would know within the first week of receiving the case.

He also noted that he would be lying to me if he told me that they did not do background checks at the nvc level for k1.  He didn’t go into detail but he said FBI name checks are done at the UScis. I know this issue has been discussed here before @Greenbaumbut it sounds like they are doing something. 

The supervisor I spoke w was very helpful. He actually had the power to pull my case and tell me exactly what was going on. He didn’t want to do that unless my case didn’t go out in the batch today as it could take it out of its process. He spoke with me in the morning did some research and called me back in the afternoon. I honestly did not expect him to give me a call but he went above and beyond and actually cared.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.