2,090 posts in this topic

Bump

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm very confused now but nevertheless I found my way here lol

NOA2: September 4th 😊

So what now?

6 hours ago, Taffi111 said:

I'm confused. Is this one different to the other one?

These are K-1's who are waiting on their file to be transferred from USCIS to NVC then a case number assigned then onward to their respective Embassy's. I hope this explanation has helped.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

First, don't begin calling for 10 business days after you get your text message (NOA2). Second, you will need the Petitioner's and Beneficiaries full name and date of birth.

Call 603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888 Be prepared for a wait. Tell the operator that you are requesting a case number for your K-1. They will ask for the receipt number located on the left top of your I-797 (NOA2) form. Then he/she will either tell you that they have not received your case or you will be asked for the names and date of birth. If they don't have the case, you will be told it can take 30 to 45 days for them to receive it and to wait however many days/weeks and call back. That's a pad answer so ignore it. You can call back the next day or as often as you want. NVC's hours are 7am to 12 am (midnight) eastern time. Monday through Friday except Federal Holidays. Calling early at 7 am on the dot will get you in the fastest or calling late the lines to be open most often.

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.g...ker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things... At NVC, In Transit, or Ready.

Thank you so much for this.

It's weird cos I feel like I've been waiting and thinking about the NOA2 for so long, then it arrived and I was so excited! Then I was like "ok now what do I do?" Haha

As always thank you for your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Thank you so much for this.

It's weird cos I feel like I've been waiting and thinking about the NOA2 for so long, then it arrived and I was so excited! Then I was like "ok now what do I do?" Haha

As always thank you for your help!

Haha I was the same way. Thanks Greenbaum for the explanation! 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sept 4 here too.

Now I want to know when we can call for the case number.  I saw to wait 2 weeks, but I am hoping/thinking this is a bit long?

ahh. Just saw Green,s post too.

What is the magic os 10 days?

Edited by Glenn&Diana

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Glenn&Diana said:

Sept 4 here too.

Now I want to know when we can call for the case number.  I saw to wait 2 weeks, but I am hoping/thinking this is a bit long?

I think after all the time that we've waited, 2weeks isn't super fast but it also isn't too bad.

Obviously it's up to you but I would just try to be patient and give it at least 10days before calling so as to avoid disappointment and frustration :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Mod note:  as this thread has existed and is active, I am going to let it go but in future, a reminder that we want to have monthly filers start monthly threads:  

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hello everyone & congrats on getting this far!

I was approved on Sept 4th. My question is should I go ahead and get everything for the affidavit of support together and mail it to my fiancee?

Or should I wait until a little closer to the time of the interview? I'm wondering if I should get the letter from my employer today or if it is too early?

Thank you

Edited by Jen&Cal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.