Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

my NOA2 was approved from Nebraska on August 30th and NVC received my case on Sept 6th. I still haven't got my case number. I've always got the memorized answer, " it takes upto 8 weeks". Has anyone in here got a case number whose NO2 was approved around last week of August? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, PaddyH said:

Hey All,

I was hoping some folks might be able to help with a couple of questions around estimated timelines.

I received NOA 2 on 9/4

NVC received application on 9/20 (still waiting for them to create a Case Number)

How long does it take for NVC to issue case number? (I believe 2-3 days but wanted to confirm)

From the time NVC receives your case how long does it take to send to the embassy?

When NVC sends to the embassy how long does it take for them to receive it? (once again believe i read previously its 3-5 business days as they send the case details via Fedex but wanted to confirm if anyone else knows for sure)

Just trying to gauge the overall time especially since its getting closer to the finish line :)

were you able to get the case number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
10 minutes ago, BrianC said:

Case received 9-20 cAse number assigned 9-24.  Waiting for nvc to send to embassy.

Right there with you with the same dates! :D 

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sherbahadur said:

my NOA2 was approved from Nebraska on August 30th and NVC received my case on Sept 6th. I still haven't got my case number. I've always got the memorized answer, " it takes upto 8 weeks". Has anyone in here got a case number whose NO2 was approved around last week of August? 

I've seen a couple of us whose NOA2s were in the first week of September get case numbers already, me included.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Hi. CR1 visa here. I called nvc and they said they received my case on September 21 But no assigned case number yet. How long do you think should I wait to call again? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. Now you are a little more in control on what happens next. This is all I have for Russia and you may have more. Does Russia use more than one Embassy to process visas? If you get a P3 letter from the Embassy if you would be so kind as to share I can use it for others who come behind you. Good luck.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-iv-typek.asp

My fiancee spoke with the embassy today, or yesterday on Russian time, and they said they will e-mail her P3 when the case arrives, and then she will be able to schedule an interview. If it's anything like Ukraine, it will be the same as the instructions that are on the embassy website. She has all the documents there ready to go including English translations of the custody papers for her daughter. She also wanted me to forward her the e-mail receipts of the visa application fee (aka interview fee) as the embassy told her she will need to bring those even though ustraveldocs says you only need to know the 16 digit receipt number (for credit card payments) in order to schedule an interview.

Now we wait some more for that e-mail. ☺️

1 hour ago, Erza said:

Hi. CR1 visa here. I called nvc and they said they received my case on September 21 But no assigned case number yet. How long do you think should I wait to call again? Thanks

Once a day is plenty.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Case number and case received both on Sept 20th. Going on 6 days now for AT NVC. How long is normal for it to sit at NVC before in Transit to embassy?

7 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Case number and case received both on Sept 20th. Going on 6 days now for AT NVC. How long is normal for it to sit at NVC before in Transit to embassy?

As noted before the cases are leaving NVC every other Tuesday. Next batch is leaving 10/3. How do we know, because we have followed this trend for 2 months now and NVC hasn't change their SOP. This does not include electronic cases or isolated cases but the majority of cases are following this pattern.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi @Greenbaum ,

I'm in the process of filling gout the DS-160 and i134 form.
I have 2 questions in the DS-160 Form. How should be answered?
1.Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?
I answered YES giving the explanation that my current case details – case id, recd date, etc.

2. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance
with U.S. law?
I answered NO giving the explanation that MEDICAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE VISA INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI, APPOINTMENT CAN BE BOOKED ONLY AFTER SUBMITTING DS-160 FORM.

In i-134 Form I have one question - Part 3 Q 38. (Page 4) as attached 

I answered I intend with explanation as  - { I, "NAME" - THE PETITIONER INTEND TO COVER ALL LIVING COSTS AND FINANCIAL EXPENSES OF MY BENEFICIARY TILL THE TIME REQUIRED AND NECESSARY. MY FIANCEE WILL BE LIVING WITH ME AS PER THE JOINT APARTMENT LEASE ENCLOSED AND I WILL ALSO COVER ANY OTHER COSTS OF HER.}

Are these answers correct?
Thanks for helping out !!

P.S. - Do you think the answers could be country/Embassy specific?

i134 Question.png

Edited by A_R

4 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Greenbaum ,

I'm in the process of filling out the DS-160 and i134 form.
I have 2 questions in the DS-160 Form. How should be answered?
1.Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?
I answered YES giving the explanation that my current case details – case id, recd date, etc.

2. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance
with U.S. law?
I answered NO giving the explanation that MEDICAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE VISA INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI, APPOINTMENT CAN BE BOOKED ONLY AFTER SUBMITTING DS-160 FORM.

In i-134 Form I have one question - Part 3 Q 38. (Page 4) as attached 

I answered I intend with explanation as  - { I, "NAME" - THE PETITIONER INTEND TO COVER ALL LIVING COSTS AND FINANCIAL EXPENSES OF MY BENEFICIARY TILL THE TIME REQUIRED AND NECESSARY. MY FIANCEE WILL BE LIVING WITH ME AS PER THE JOINT APARTMENT LEASE ENCLOSED AND I WILL ALSO COVER ANY OTHER COSTS OF HER.}

Are these answers correct?
Thanks for helping out !!

P.S. - Do you think the answers could be country/Embassy specific?

1. The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

2. You can answer YES as you will have had all your vaccinations prior to your interview.

3. In the new revised I-134 form dated 2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

4. P.S. No this form is for all Embassy's and is NOT Embassy specific but all Embassy's are required to request the DS-160 form from the applicant.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

1. The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

2. You can answer YES as you will have had all your vaccinations prior to your interview.

3. In the new revised I-134 form dated 2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

4. P.S. No this form is for all Embassy's and is NOT Embassy specific but all Embassy's are required to request the DS-160 form from the applicant.

Hi,

Thanks for 1 and 2 got it.

For 3 : I know the current i13 Form expires 11/30/2018 but there is no 2018 new i134 Form available as per website - https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 ? How to find it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.