Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Why would they say that??? I see most cases get a case # the next day after received? 

1 minute ago, Venomsara said:

No clue 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe since it was just received but I’ll try again later 

This is a standard reply. It's always longer then actually is. If you get something in a few days after you have been told it take 30 days or something then you feel much better then if you were to receive it 60 days after being told it will take 30. You should see it in a few days.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I called today and was told to call back in 4 more weeks lol. Standard 6 weeks response

My NOA2 said the info was already sent to the NVC and USCIS is done. Should I call USCIS to see when it was mailed? And maybe wait until like Wednesday to call back NVC?

Edited by JayHouser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, JayHouser said:

I called today and was told to call back in 4 more weeks lol. Standard 6 weeks response

My NOA2 said the info was already sent to the NVC and USCIS is done. Should I call USCIS to see when it was mailed? And maybe wait until like Wednesday to call back NVC?

Don't call uscis. If u do that there is a chance (small) that they could recall ur case back. Just wait it’s all u can do. Call nvc again Monday And every day after that if u want. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was previously notified on Sept. 6th via text and e-mail that there was a change to my case with a link to the new website. My case was approved on the new website. I received my NOA2 hard copy yesterday from a neighbor who had received my NOA2 in error. Today I got another e-mail and text saying my case had been approved with a link to the old website. Now everything says we were approved, in case there were any doubts. 😂 The only difference is the new website and hard copy show Sept. 5 as my notice date and the old site shows Sept. 6. There's no significance to that, just interesting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys.... did you all receive this email AFTER you got your approval ?

and is it just saying they mailed the NOA2 or that they sent to NVC?

IMG_4569.PNG

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
2 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Hey guys.... did you all receive this email AFTER you got your approval ?

and is it just saying they mailed the NOA2 or that they sent to NVC?

IMG_4569.PNG

yes. It is just to notify you that the action has been taken. And it is saying they have mailed you the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Greenbaum said:

After reading the following you tell me. :D  BTW you can use the IRS 1040 or the IRS tax trancripts. Either will be excepted. I'd rather send 2 pages (transcripts) then 120 pages of the 1040. What say you? :D

You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Where did that last paragraph come from?  It is not on the I-134 instruction that I downloaded.  Is that from a different document or maybe an outdated I-134 instruction?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiance formerly applied for a B1 visa, to visit my family and I tour the USA. That was rejected a year ago. My father was the one who offered to pay/sponsor his tourism trip - so he "invited" him. On the old DS-160 it said that my father was paying for the trip and that he would stay with us. My father actually did fill out an affidavit of support but that was never viewed during the interview since my (now) fiance was rejected in a matter of minutes without the interviewer viewing any of the documents he brought along (essentially because he was a student and didn't have strong ties). I'm assuming that doesn't really count as being having a petition "filed"? Because it never happened and the papers were never looked at....

Maybe @Greenbaum would know more about this?

17 minutes ago, Laanie said:

My fiance formerly applied for a B1 visa, to visit my family and I tour the USA. That was rejected a year ago. My father was the one who offered to pay/sponsor his tourism trip - so he "invited" him. On the old DS-160 it said that my father was paying for the trip and that he would stay with us. My father actually did fill out an affidavit of support but that was never viewed during the interview since my (now) fiance was rejected in a matter of minutes without the interviewer viewing any of the documents he brought along (essentially because he was a student and didn't have strong ties). I'm assuming that doesn't really count as being having a petition "filed"? Because it never happened and the papers were never looked at....

Maybe @Greenbaum would know more about this?

The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi! We have just gotten our petition approved and its on the way to guangzhou china . We have only received informtion via e-mail. We haven’t received and hard copies in the mail yet. I called uscis when we didnt recieve the noa-1 hard copy in the mail and she said that sometimes they dont send the hard copy . She said the e-mail is enough. I just want to make sure we were informed correctly or should i call and request for them to send the hard copies of NOA-1 and NOA-2? 

6 hours ago, AdeelNaz said:

Hi! We have just gotten our petition approved and its on the way to guangzhou china . We have only received informtion via e-mail. We haven’t received and hard copies in the mail yet. I called uscis when we didnt recieve the noa-1 hard copy in the mail and she said that sometimes they dont send the hard copy . She said the e-mail is enough. I just want to make sure we were informed correctly or should i call and request for them to send the hard copies of NOA-1 and NOA-2? 

As for the NOA2, make sure that you receive that from USCIS, it will be needed after you are married and filing AOS.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

And from another VJ member who had firsthand knowledge provided this information.

GUZ takes on average 30 days to deliver P3, it is not electronic.

I can tell you that P3 for GUZ is only 4 line items

1. DS-160 Confirmation Page

2. Copy of Passport Personal Page

3. 2 Passport style photos White Background, Well Lit, 50mm x 50mm

4. Return the P3 instructions page

#4 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview.

An individual with an approved petition and a priority date that is current for processing (when applicable) is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa or K nonimmigrant visa. Immigrant visa applicants will be notified by either the National Visa Center (NVC)

And don't forget the help from other members here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

or the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China(I provided your website for you below), go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print Bank deposit slip. just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa.

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&amp;country=China After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for me under non-immigrant.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 6:54 PM, Venomsara said:

So I just got off the phone with NVC they said it was received 9/14 😁 which is today but to call back since it can take up to 60 days 🙁 for a  case number assignment 🧐either way I’m still excited 😄

Hey have you received you're case number yet?

We have the same dates all the way through, just called NVC they said they haven't received our case yet. Was more a hopeful call after reading your post. 

Anyone else got their case number yet

3 hours ago, mdma11 said:

I have yet to receive my NOA2 in the mail but does the notice indicate which embassy the case is forwarded to?

Yes, it will be part of the case number. So the first three digits of the 13 digit number will be three letters which is your Embassy. Why do you ask is their a concern that it may go to the wrong Embassy? Or something else?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

Bonus: How to Find Out WHEN Your Case Number was Assigned

For those that don't call every single day and want to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].

For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.