Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Reminder to all you guys who have gotten NOA2's to browse over your country specific forums for additional advice specific to your locations!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
55 minutes ago, ALGS said:

Hi everyone,

We just got approved yesterday after 259 days!!

So now it is my turn to do the necessary processes in the UK.

Anyone know how long it is currently taking for cases to go from California to London (to get the LDN case number and start booking things). I have everything together, when should I expect to start trying to book medical etc?

So happy to finally be in this group. :)

You can book your medical once you have your case number. Wait times are long right now, so book as soon as you get it. By the time the appointment comes around you will have a hard copy of your NOA2.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

You can book your medical once you have your case number. Wait times are long right now, so book as soon as you get it. By the time the appointment comes around you will have a hard copy of your NOA2.

Are they going to try and send the NOA2 hard copy to my address (beneficiary) or my fiance? I have moved since we filed so I won't get it but if it goes to him he is visiting in two weeks (so excited!! haha) so he can bring it with him.

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

Timeline
Just now, ALGS said:

Are they going to try and send the NOA2 hard copy to my address (beneficiary) or my fiance? I have moved since we filed so I won't get it but if it goes to him he is visiting in two weeks (so excited!! haha) so he can bring it with him.

When you call to get your case number you can have your e-mail added to the account. Most get NOA2 by e-mail. Knightsbridge require proof of case number, so if you do get this you can print and use that, if not once the embassy has your file, they will post to you (try to research about updating address maybe) a copy of your approved petition (just the form) and a letter explaining next steps. This also works as proof of case number / approval.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

When you call to get your case number you can have your e-mail added to the account. Most get NOA2 by e-mail. Knightsbridge require proof of case number, so if you do get this you can print and use that, if not once the embassy has your file, they will post to you (try to research about updating address maybe) a copy of your approved petition (just the form) and a letter explaining next steps. This also works as proof of case number / approval.

Thanks!

Is it really taking two months for them to send the approved case to tot he NVC so we can get a case number? that is insane! Haha, nothing is ever easy is it.

event.png

RFE 22 August 2018

Distance is no demon,

I will be ready.

I love you, and you, me.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ALGS said:

Thanks!

Is it really taking two months for them to send the approved case to tot he NVC so we can get a case number? that is insane! Haha, nothing is ever easy is it.

Back in May it was taking 3-4 weeks to be received and processed by the NVC, then a month to get to the Consulate. It is probably longer now. :/

Timeline
1 minute ago, LeesaMarie said:

Back in May it was taking 3-4 weeks to be received and processed by the NVC, then a month to get to the Consulate. It is probably longer now. 😕

Honestly, this process is insane. Yesterday my fiance's family were excited that I would be there for Christmas and no that looks less likely if there is still a lot of waiting to do.

Do I have to wait for the file to go to the embassy before I book my medical/interview or can I book them once I get the case number from NVC?

Also, how excited are you that you only have a couple of weeks before you get to be there forever!!!

event.png

RFE 22 August 2018

Distance is no demon,

I will be ready.

I love you, and you, me.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ALGS said:

Honestly, this process is insane. Yesterday my fiance's family were excited that I would be there for Christmas and no that looks less likely if there is still a lot of waiting to do.

Do I have to wait for the file to go to the embassy before I book my medical/interview or can I book them once I get the case number from NVC?

Also, how excited are you that you only have a couple of weeks before you get to be there forever!!!

You can book once you get your case number. Yes super excited, has been a long old road!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ALGS said:

Hi everyone,

Anyone know how long it is currently taking for cases to go from California to London (to get the LDN case number and start booking things). I have everything together, when should I expect to start trying to book medical etc?

👋👋 where in the UK are you? I'm visiting my fiance in 2 weeks time so patiently waiting until then until we attempt our first call to NVC! 😊

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eleanor & Jack said:

👋👋 where in the UK are you? I'm visiting my fiance in 2 weeks time so patiently waiting until then until we attempt our first call to NVC! 😊

I am in Nottinghamshire. How about you?

Bet you can't wait to see your fiance! Mine is coming here in just over two weeks and I can't wait to see him.

I think we will do the same and call NVC when he is here. is it the Petitioner or beneficiary who needs to call NVC?

event.png

RFE 22 August 2018

Distance is no demon,

I will be ready.

I love you, and you, me.

1 hour ago, ALGS said:

I am in Nottinghamshire. How about you?

Bet you can't wait to see your fiance! Mine is coming here in just over two weeks and I can't wait to see him.

I think we will do the same and call NVC when he is here. is it the Petitioner or beneficiary who needs to call NVC?

Typically the Petitioner but some NVC agents will let the beneficiary call. Be sure to have the correct information that they will ask for to identify your case from within their systems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, ALGS said:

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

There are experts over in the sub -forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ where others from your country are processing or they are there after they have finished with everything and can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Just use the 9/1. In the grand scheme of things the exact date is not required for anything except the timeline here. If your off a day or two, it's not going to be the end of the world. That's up there with "the old" and "new website" and should I call today or tomorrow to get my case number and what do I do next after getting my case number. It's not a big deal. Oh boy I better stop now. :pop:

Hahah I am not tooo worried about which date to use! lol I am just happy that after 7 months of waiting we are finally moving forward!

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

2 hours ago, ALGS said:

Petitioner gets mailed everything up to the case number. Then the beneficiary starts to receive mail from their Embassy and the Pet gets nothing.

2 hours ago, ALGS said:

Thanks!

Really. You think that it's going to take 2 months. That's the standard response that NVC gives. They always over promise and under deliver. It's a game. Just ignore those answers. Now there is that rare case where it can take months for a file to reach NVC from USCIS but that's a whole different story to which I don't have time to explain and chances of it happening to you are almost null.

2 hours ago, ALGS said:

The process isn't insane. The applicants are insane. I want it now. Stupid USCIS, NVC and Embassy! Your expectations are set to high. So when you hear something that doesn't meet your expectations the you think their insane. Yeah, I know but … I've been there I know what "you" applicants are demanding. I think that's insane. If you use the tools in the last response you'll have a better idea from others from your country what the actually timeline is. Then, don't call NVC till your case arrives based on what you see from others timelines. If you don't use that method then you are in that same high expectations, not the answer you want, now I am disappointed and NVC is insane mentality.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, ALGS said:

Hi everyone,

There is a sub-forum to ask specific questions about the processing in the UK. I recommend that you move over there and ask your questions where there are experts on all things UK.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.