TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
11 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

It’s an Intertional Marriage Broker. Once you met on a dating site, USCIS wants to make sure that the Dating Site don’t fall under an International Marriage Broker where an American pay fees to meet someone and marry.

Ah, i got it. That makes sense! Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, Adam Zollinger said:

Ah, i got it. That makes sense! Thank you! 

Sorry it Should be International Marriage Broker... 😂😂😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

NOA1 Jan 5,2018

Case Inquiry Aug 8, 2018
RFE notice Aug 15,2018
RFE letter received Aug 21,2018 (My fiancee intent to Marry)
RFE sent back Aug 23, 2018 (Fiancee emailed me scanned copy of her intent to marry)
RFE mail arrived the CA center Aug 27,2018
RFE received notice of action notification via email and text.  New site  updated to Evidence was received Aug 28,2018 at 5:14 am CDT
NOA 2 XXXXXX

Round two wait game begins. Hope it does not last long this time. My 30 days case inquiry ends on Sep 8, 2018. Hope I get approved before that date. I will be hitting 8 months on Sep 5, 2018. Not a good feeling.

•  

8 hours ago, Faycol said:

Hi guys.....we finally got our Noa2 yesterday, we are so happy☺️. We sent back our rfe on the 13th of this month, they got it on the 16th and now the notice date on our Noa2 hard copy is  the 22nd. They have not updated on the  website yet. 

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

OK, I thought it might help others if I created a post which was updated regularly, that included not only the steps I was taking and the links to do them, but also any results I receive and the corresponding timing.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but here I go:

NOA1: Jan. 25th, 2018 (new website)

submitted USCIS inquiry online on 8/24/2018. According to this website here, I was one day outside of normal processing times, so was eligible to file. I received an e-mail shortly, informing me that I should expect a reply by Sept. 15th, and I was also given a "request ID number" to reference.

call USCIS: I called the USCIS on 8/27/2018, Monday. Even though this page here indicates Saturday hours, that does not seem to be the case anymore. Either way, entered a "1" for English and a whole lot of "2's" in order to finally talk to a tier 1. Basically like Adam Zollinger said, you have to keep saying you don't know your case number. When I spoke with the Tier 1, she asked for and confirmed a bunch of information, and after about 5 minutes of that, I just interrupted her and told me I wanted to talk to a Tier 2. Not sure how that was supposed to work, but a Tier 2 called me back in two hours, and the conversation went like this: "what is your info"...checked for a few minutes..."ask more questions"...checked for a few more minutes.... At the end, the officer was aware of the inquiry I filed on line, told me I wasn't very far out of processing time, and I should wait until the 15th, basically the call was not really useful.

submitted a request to the Ombudsman online on 8/27/2018: I received an automated receipt (multiple) via e-mail that said they would work on it and contact me "if they are able to help". So, we'll wait and see what happens there.

using Greenbaum's links, I contacted my senator on 8/28/2018: that is, in the case of my senator, you filled out an online form, printed it, then sent it via regular post to their office. It went in the mail this morning. I don't know how other senators work, but mine was like this. Was about 15 minutes of work.

what I have not done yet but plan to do:

contact my representative

schedule an infopass meeting with an immigration officer

At this point, I'm throwing all in to see what happens and will update this thread as I go along.

In truth, regarding the infopass meeting, I might wait on that for a few weeks, at least until after I hear back regarding the inquiry.

Hope this helps someone. (constructive) comments are welcome. :-)

Duane & Haney

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

Me TOOOOOOOO! LOL how r u my friend any new news? I got an email yesterday saying they r still working on my case and there are no new updates and the last update was Aug 13th so of course I called and they said the same thing that an RFE has been requested but not generated.... I vow to call everyday :)

Hi LuFlolady, when you call every day do you always talk to a tier 2? If so, what excuse do you used go get them to transfer you go a tier 2? Because my fiancee had only talked to a tier 2 on two occasions and then seem kinda rude to her.

And on top of that she was telling me that when the tier 2 would call back to talk to her. That they would say back to get the excuse that the tier 1 officer put in and that was registered in their system. So I just wanted to know how you manage to get through to them if you're talking to a tier 2.

27 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Hi LuFlolady, when you call every day do you always talk to a tier 2? If so, what excuse do you used go get them to transfer you go a tier 2? Because my fiancee had only talked to a tier 2 on two occasions and then seem kinda rude to her.

And on top of that she was telling me that when the tier 2 would call back to talk to her. That they would say back to get the excuse that the tier 1 officer put in and that was registered in their system. So I just wanted to know how you manage to get through to them if you're talking to a tier 2.

yes every time I call I speak with a tier2. I normally don't give a story. once they go thru their normal script and elaborate as to what they are saying is the final answer... I just say pls can I speak with someone else because I know there is more info available on my case....and they just transfer me without any further questions

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
30 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

yes every time I call I speak with a tier2. I normally don't give a story. once they go thru their normal script and elaborate as to what they are saying is the final answer... I just say pls can I speak with someone else because I know there is more info available on my case....and they just transfer me without any further questions

Oh okay. I'll just let my fiancee know that. I told her that she can just flat out say she wants to talk to another agent but she doesn't want to get on USCISs bad side lol.

Have you been telling the first agent that you know there's more information on your case even when you didn't know there was more information. 

Have you received your RFE btw?

Timeline

This might be a dumb question but I rather ask than not now. 

So we have an attorney representing us and all, she sent in form g-28 and everything with our petition. But we think we'll get an RFE.

My question is, can my fiancee (petitioner) reply to the RFE herself or will the lawyer need to send the RFE in? We wanted to do it ourselves since we lost trust in their service but we don't know if that is okay. 

16 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Oh okay. I'll just let my fiancee know that. I told her that she can just flat out say she wants to talk to another agent but she doesn't want to get on USCISs bad side lol.

Have you been telling the first agent that you know there's more information on your case even when you didn't know there was more information. 

Have you received your RFE btw?

I would say I believe there is more to my case can I please be transferred to someone else. No I have not received my RFE yet when I called yesterday they said the same thing that it has been requested but not generated

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I’m replying to an RFE on letter of intent. Should the letter be addressed to uscis in Lewisville TX which was the original address I filed with or to the PO box address that the RFE documents are to be sent to?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Now I’ve heard everything (I think).

NOA1 - Jan.17 so I opened inquiry today. Also spoke to tier 2 today since it’s been 7 months and 11days. I was told it hasn’t been 7 months yet. I asked how do you figure that when today is 8/28. 

“We don’t work weekends, so it’s  only 5 business days per week and you need 7 months worth of business days.”

Where does this fuzzy logic come from??? By this math I need to wait 8+ months for 7 months of 5 day weeks of USCIS work days to be out of regular processing time.

So after all this I know nothing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Samursa said:

Now I’ve heard everything (I think).

NOA1 - Jan.17 so I opened inquiry today. Also spoke to tier 2 today since it’s been 7 months and 11days. I was told it hasn’t been 7 months yet. I asked how do you figure that when today is 8/28. 

“We don’t work weekends, so it’s  only 5 business days per week and you need 7 months worth of business days.”

Where does this fuzzy logic come from??? By this math I need to wait 8+ months for 7 months of 5 day weeks of USCIS work days to be out of regular processing time.

So after all this I know nothing.

That's a first but that can't be right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.