TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Lu25 said:

Guys OMG!!!!

I'm working and I just check my email as every day in order to get any notice from uscis

WE GOT APPROVAL!!! thanks GOD...

old site Jan 23th

new site Jan 26th - approved Aug 16th.

waiting for the NOA2 hard copy

Good luck everybody!!!

see you in the next forum

Wow!  Congrats!  :)

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Received our hardcopy RFE in the mail today. They are requesting additional evidence of having met in the last 2 years.

BTW I have tried to update my timeline however; it says I need to contact admin to get it corrected apparently 1/2 accounts with my username??? I contacted via the hyperlink last Friday 08/10/18 with no change....any help with this???

Edited by VickeySis

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Jan 5 old and Jan 9 new website. Requested case inquiry on 8/8. Currently on day 223. Got email notice today morning. Checked new site got RFE. Called but the Tier 1 could not tell me with the reason of the RFE so I could start preparing documents before I receive notice. Don't know what the  RFE could be for. Maybe because I sent just one intent to marry or it has to do with my son request for a  K-2 on my petition. Waiting for RFE.

Got a friend who applied i-129F in 11/2017 for his fiancee and daughter, he was approved  on 05/22/2018. His fiancee was requested DNA for her daughter with petitioner at the embassy on 08/14/2018 during interview. The K-1 and K-2 visa are pending until DNA is processed and approved. Friend is waiting of notice to process DNA request. Just wanted to share.

Edited by vickacy2002

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, vickacy2002 said:

Jan 5 old and Jan 9 new website. Requested case inquiry on 8/8. Currently on day 223. Got email notice today morning. Checked new site got RFE. Called but the Tier 1 could not tell me with the reason of the RFE so I could start preparing documents before I receive notice. Don't know what the  RFE could be for. Maybe because I sent just one intent to marry or it has to do with my son request for a  K-2 on my petition. Waiting for RFE.

Got a friend who applied i-129F in 11/2017 for his fiancee and daughter, he was approved  on 05/22/2018. His fiancee was requested DNA for her daughter with petitioner at the embassy on 08/14/2018 during interview. The K-1 and K-2 visa are pending until DNA is processed and approved. Friend is waiting of notice to process DNA request. Just wanted to share.

Rfe is not the best news but it means your case is now being finished and your just about done. Please keep us posted on the RFE thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, vickacy2002 said:

I also petitioned for my fiancé and K2 for our son. It’s surprising they are requesting a DNA at this stage by not during Adjustment of status. Did your friend list the his daughter on his N400 when he naturalized and is he on the child’s birth certificate?. I thought K2 is approved as long as the child is hers even if he has the child with me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

I also petitioned for my fiancé and K2 for our son. It’s surprising they are requesting a DNA at this stage by not during Adjustment of status. Did your friend list the his daughter on his N400 when he naturalized and is he on the child’s birth certificate?. I thought K2 is approved as long as the child is hers even if he has the child with me.

@ashmed246No. He is now a veteran. Naturalized back in 2010 when he served in the military for 4 years. He did not list anyone when he filed his N400. His daughter is currently less than a year old. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, vickacy2002 said:

@ashmed246No. He is now a veteran. Naturalized back in 2010 when he served in the military for 4 years. He did not list anyone when he filed his N400. His daughter is currently less than a year old. 

Oh okay that makes a lot of sense. I’m still serving and I had my child listed of my N400. I’ll see if they request a DNA later in the process. Thanks 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Gymnasticsluva said:

210 day today

still have heard nothing

went ahead and filed for an out of processing time request. 

Sometimes I wish I would have met my fiancé a year or two earlier. This would have been a hell of a lot easier. 

Gahhh the worst is that I haven’t received one update. Every time I go on the website it still says “we have received your case”

it would be nice if they could let us all know if our case is being looked at and not accumulating dust on someone’s desk. I can’t help but be a little jealous at all the February approvals so far. 

I understand your feelings very well.

I feel totally lost about having zero information about our case

We are 01/12/2018 old site

01/18/2018 new site

5 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I have a funny thing to share. Yes most likely they haven’t sent the letter yet. They only told us they sent but the truth is they haven’t sent anything yet at all. 

This morning Jason called the tier 2 again and spoke to him what’s our RFE all about. And the tier 2 just said, they need more evidence from us but they might still change their mind and just approve us. :lol:

It is so funny, like which is which? Meaning they haven’t given us the final adjudication yet. So confusing..😳😳😳

I've heard that before. The "low level" agent who is adjudicating your case thinks it needs additional evidence (which protects their A$$) before making a decision. They are second guessing themselves so they probably handed it to the supervisor to review, who'll then make the final decision. I don't think you have much to be concerned about. If it's on the "dating" website the supervisor probably knows the details. You'll hear something soon I'm sure.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

17 hours ago, Karl kristian said:

NVC approval already forwarded to US consulate embassy. should i wait for the packet if there is? and what is inside the packet?

Medical date: August 28, 2018

USEM interview date: none.

Don't wait for anything more. You have your case number and you can now start the process. You don't have to wait for the Embassy or the website to change to ready. Follow the information below.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Someone2017 said:

I understand your feelings very well.

I feel totally lost about having zero information about our case

We are 01/12/2018 old site

01/18/2018 new site

That is the same dates that we have. Hopefully we both hear something soon. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 8/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, ashmed246 said:

My case is officially out of processing timeline. Jan 10th on old and 12th on new site. No update no RFE nothing. It’s so frustrating and I’m trying not to let it get to me. I’ll be submitting a case enquiry online and also call uscis today. Anyone in the same situation?

Pretty much identical here. Jan 10th - new site. no updates, I called today - got nothing. service request submitted last week and they say I will hear something by the 31st.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lu25 said:

Guys OMG!!!!

I'm working and I just check my email as every day in order to get any notice from uscis

WE GOT APPROVAL!!! thanks GOD...

old site Jan 23th

new site Jan 26th - approved Aug 16th.

waiting for the NOA2 hard copy

Good luck everybody!!!

see you in the next forum

Congrats on your approval!

It would really help others who are also filing if you could complete your timeline. Especially those with fiancé in Panama. ☺️

K-1 Timeline

04-20-18: Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

04-23-18: Received Date

04-26-18: Notice Date

04-27-18: NOA1

11-07-18: Received RFE notice via text

11-13-18: Received RFE Letter

11-29-18: Returned RFE Information to USCIS

12-03-18: USCIS Received RFE Information

12-14-18: NOA2

01-07-19: NVC Received Case

01-11-19: Received NVC Case #

01-22-19: Left NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.