T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Benin
Timeline
5 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Its just about the new update to my status....my ead/ap is the same with my daughter but my i 485 is different my daughter i 485 say new card is produce but mine says case must review,just wondering if anyone here experience this before they received their green card..im no hurry with greencard im just confuse and want an idea from people who experience this for me to know that whats going on is normal..and what more weird is that my status change during the weekend night lol

If  your daugther is under 14 years, she will get the GC directly. But for you, if you got approved you will receive the approval notice with the instructions to go to the USCIS office to get the GC stamp prior to the plastic car that you will get letter. You will need to make an infopass and when you will go over there you will need to take with you 2 ID photos and you will do the finger prints again for the plastic GC. The GC stamp can be valid for 1 month or more, max 1 year. I'm in the same situation as you. My daughter's case was updated (A new card is being produced) because she is under 14 years old, mine was (your case was approved, we will send you the approval notice letter with the instructions to follow). Now I'm waiting for the notification letter. My interview was Friday 11, January 2019. I got the updates yesterday night.

If your update is ''case must be reviewed'' this means that even if the IO who interviewed you recommended you for an approval, he/her supervisor who has the authority to approve your case needs to review it.  There is nothing wrong I think, it's the normal process. You should not have to worry  about it, just be patient. Good luck

14 minutes ago, Barwan said:

If  your daugther is under 14 years, she will get the GC directly. But for you, if you got approved you will receive the approval notice with the instructions to go to the USCIS office to get the GC stamp prior to the plastic car that you will get letter. You will need to make an infopass and when you will go over there you will need to take with you 2 ID photos and you will do the finger prints again for the plastic GC. The GC stamp can be valid for 1 month or more, max 1 year. I'm in the same situation as you. My daughter's case was updated (A new card is being produced) because she is under 14 years old, mine was (your case was approved, we will send you the approval notice letter with the instructions to follow). Now I'm waiting for the notification letter. My interview was Friday 11, January 2019. I got the updates yesterday night.

If your update is ''case must be reviewed'' this means that even if the IO who interviewed you recommended you for an approval, he/her supervisor who has the authority to approve your case needs to review it.  There is nothing wrong I think, it's the normal process. You should not have to worry  about it, just be patient. Good luck

If you got an approval notice aren't they gonna mail you the actual greencard? 

I think some people got stamp right after their interview been approved.

K2 is derivative of k1 right? and i think their status will also be depend on the k1 case.

I'm not worried im just curious and wonder why during sunday night the status online update and send my husband 4 email.

As always im sure every cases is different than others.. I'll wait for their decision in the mail.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zjazzy said:

Hello VJ, I was wondering if we have to update the SSN card from not authorized to work to allowed to work, after EAD combo has been issued? 

3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

After you receive the GC (ie is when your immigration status has changed) you will update the SSN to remove the statement. 

You should update it at some point as K1visaHopeful mentioned. However, to be allowed to work the EAD or the greencard is enough. The employer uses the form I-9 'Employment Eligibility Verification' from USCIS to verify the eligibility. You can take a look at the form what documents can be used to verify.

Greetings from MA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

If you got an approval notice aren't they gonna mail you the actual greencard? 

I think some people got stamp right after their interview been approved.

K2 is derivative of k1 right? and i think their status will also be depend on the k1 case.

I'm not worried im just curious and wonder why during sunday night the status online update and send my husband 4 email.

As always im sure every cases is different than others.. I'll wait for their decision in the mail.

Thanks

If you got an approval notice, the  plastic GC will be sent to you later.

The ones who got the GC stamp right away are the ones who got approved on spot (it means that the IO who did the interview has the authority to approve GC). It's different from '' Recommended for an approval''.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
36 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

154 days later.... "New Card is Being Produced"

FINALLY!

My case also got approved just 2 days ago. Right now the status is "Case is approved". What status will follow? Is it "card is being produced"? And how long did it take to change for you? I am just so excited to finally get my combo card 🤩

Edited by Bianca89

2 hours ago, Da&Ma said:

You should update it at some point as K1visaHopeful mentioned. However, to be allowed to work the EAD or the greencard is enough. The employer uses the form I-9 'Employment Eligibility Verification' from USCIS to verify the eligibility. You can take a look at the form what documents can be used to verify.

Greetings from MA!

Thank you all for all this good info!

3 hours ago, Barwan said:

If you got an approval notice, the  plastic GC will be sent to you later.

The ones who got the GC stamp right away are the ones who got approved on spot (it means that the IO who did the interview has the authority to approve GC). It's different from '' Recommended for an approval''.

Base on my own research on other members timeline most people who got stamp right after their interview also waited a long time before they get an interview notice and most people whos status is "case is completed and must reviewed" has a short time from filling aos to interview date(like mine it only took less than 3 months from filling aos to interview) Now i understand that my IO gave me 4 weeks to 6 weeks for actual green card. 

So like what i said every case are different and every local office has their own timeline.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Bianca89 said:

My case also got approved just 2 days ago. Right now the status is "Case is approved". What status will follow? Is it "card is being produced"? And how long did it take to change for you? I am just so excited to finally get my combo card 🤩

Mine went from card being produced to case was approved 

7 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

For all who get EAD/AP approval, please update your timelines :) Thanks! 

Thanks for the reminder, DeepakChani.

EAD/AP card received after 160 processing days.

EAD/AP: Card received.

AOS: Case ready to be scheduled.

Spoiler

K1 Visa

Packet sent - 07/16/2017
NoA1 - 07/24/2017
NoA2 - 03/06/2018
Interview - 05/17/2018
Visa Received - 05/25/2018

AOS

Packet sent via USPS Priority Mail - 08/02/2018
Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 08/06/2018
Text & email notification received - 08/12/2018
NOA1 received by mail - 08/16/2018 (Notice date - 08/09/2018)
Biometrics appt letter received by mail - 08/24/2018 (Notice date - 08/17/2018)
RFIE received (birth cert + financial support docs) - 08/30/2018 (Notice date - 08/24/2018)
Biometrics appt - 09/04/2018
RFIE received at Lee's Summit - 10/01/2018
Interview ready to be scheduled - 10/10/2018

EAD/AP

Packet sent via USPS Priority Mail - 08/02/2018
Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 08/06/2018
Text & email notification received - 08/12/2018
NOA1 received by mail - 08/16/2018 (Notice date - 08/09/2018)
Case was approved (EAD) - 01/09/2019
Name was updated (AP) - 01/10/2019
Card was mailed (EAD) - 01/11/2019
Case was approved (AP) - 01/11/2019
Card was picked up by USPS - 01/14/2019
Card was received - 01/15/2019

On 1/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, Da&Ma said:

Yep, it wasn't the welcome letter but the approval notice. I read that those are two different letters. However, not everyone is getting both. Some are just getting the welcome letter, some only the approval noticce.....

Let me know when you receive the green card! :)

I got my approval letter today. :) 

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.