msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

Hi, just wanted to know how many AOS filers who are still waiting to be scheduled for interview in Washington DC (Fairfax Office). Thanks. 

My status says since early January that they're scheduling my interview. Still waiting... 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There is a Baltimore/DC AOS forum. 

I think it is a majority of Baltimore filers but I see a couple for DC posters every once and a while 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 8:06 PM, Emaillo said:

Hello! I filed an AOS+EAD+AP in July! 
I just moved to DC area and my status changed to "Ready to schedule an interview"

Do you now how long it takes to schedule the interview (Virginia-Washington Office)?

Thanks!

It seems pretty typical that we're in for at least a 7-10 month wait on the interview dates. BUT, we could get lucky who knows. Its a gamble really. 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, Firebread said:

Hello, Question? How do you know if you are the Virginia office?.

Honestly I was wondering the same thing. How do we know if we're Fairfax office or DC metro office? 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/31/2018 at 6:24 PM, John and Janay said:

It seems pretty typical that we're in for at least a 7-10 month wait on the interview dates. BUT, we could get lucky who knows. Its a gamble really. 

Honestly I was wondering the same thing. How do we know if we're Fairfax office or DC metro office? 

Okay delay in responding but it is done according to the zipcode

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 11:02 AM, Firebread said:

Okay delay in responding but it is done according to the zipcode

Okay got it. So in that case we'll be at Fairfax. Any movement for you on the EAD/AP card? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Okay got it. So in that case we'll be at Fairfax. Any movement for you on the EAD/AP card? 

Hey, i am at Fairfax likewise, nah nothing on EAD/AP just optimistic as May and some have started to recieve theirs.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My husband is the Fairfax office for AOS, Priority date July 09 2018....just waiiitttning on EAD/AP/  Any movement from you guys?

• 1 month later...

How's the wait going for you all? I filed my AOS package at the beginning of the month and am still waiting for my paper NOA so I have a long way to go :P Living in Arlington so I'm assuming I'll be assigned to the Fairfax office.

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.