msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, craigybear said:

Hi all, have caught up on the entirety of this thread and it's been really useful for context and background information. So thank you.

We expect (although I'm not sure how we confirm?) that we'll be interviewed at the Fairfax office given we live in Arlington.

Our PD date was Nov 16th 2018 and based on some of the timelines you all have, really hoping to see details of our scheduled interview shortly!

I must admit that when I saw the 'ready to schedule interview' notices on Dec 26th I thought it would be about a week until we knew the interview date. Oh what an amateur.

What is the typical time between the interview being scheduled and the actual interview itself?

I think it's the luck of the draw since I have seen in previous posts that some people gets their interview scheduled between 3-4 months after receiving the update online that it's ready to schedule interview...My husband's PD is 9/27/18 and his status just changed to ready to schedule interview on 3/12/19, so his PD is before yours but you received the notice back in December when he received in March. My point is, each case is so different and while one person had his case scheduled in one month, others like you have been waiting for 4 months already....The two other people that I saw had their notice changed on 9/27/18 and received the notice on 1/24 and the other her case changed on 11/9 to ready to schedule interview and she received the notice on 2/14/19, 4 and 3 months respectively after their status changed online. I'm assuming since you are about to hit the four month mark that you will be receiving your notice soon...let us know when you do...

On 4/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, Tilde333 said:

our interview was 1 month after the notice.  I think that is pretty standard.  We had the ready to schedule interview update in August 2018 and the interview was Jan 29 2019....still no word since the interview and the interviewer said that my husband wouldn't get a conditional greencard because we have been married over 2 years....butttt its been over 2 months.  check out our timeline for a good idea of how long it will take with no RFEs...but now we are just waiting again :(

So sorry to hear it’s been over two months... I have seen other postings when people state that it can take up to 120 days, then you can raise a request... do you mind telling the rest of us when your priority date was so we can have an estimate of when our interview will be, please?

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, Nady said:

So sorry to hear it’s been over two months... I have seen other postings when people state that it can take up to 120 days, then you can raise a request... do you mind telling the rest of us when your priority date was so we can have an estimate of when our interview will be, please?

you can see everything in my timeline.  PD July 09 2018. 

Timeline
Just now, Nady said:

@Tilde333, have you received an approval yet? I didn't see any approval date in your timeline. It's been over 3 months already since your interview

nope on the phone :( with them now

33 minutes ago, Tilde333 said:

nope on the phone :( with them now

OMG...Good luck to you....it's way over the 120 days, they should have made a decision a long time ago unless they will request that you and your spouse go for a stokes interview. Let us know when you find out what their response is.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Nady said:

OMG...Good luck to you....it's way over the 120 days, they should have made a decision a long time ago unless they will request that you and your spouse go for a stokes interview. Let us know when you find out what their response is.

no it's only been 109 days and the level 2 officer said that they cannot make an inquiry until 19 months have passed be that is the allotted time for family-based I-485 adjustment of status at the Washington, DC field office.  Ohhhh well time to start renewing the EAD.  I don't think we will have a stokes as we have been married over 3 years, have lots of comingling of finances, 3 kids together, lots of trips, no criminal history whatsoever, no unlawful presence or entry and the interview went really well.  No RFEs in the whole entire process and the interviewer said we should receive approval in 1-120, but his supervisor was really busy.  I think it is stuck in background checks or with the supervisor or lost in the process.  I am going to contact our congressional representatives when I have time next week and then renew EAD

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, Tilde333 said:

no it's only been 109 days and the level 2 officer said that they cannot make an inquiry until 19 months have passed be that is the allotted time for family-based I-485 adjustment of status at the Washington, DC field office.  Ohhhh well time to start renewing the EAD.  I don't think we will have a stokes as we have been married over 3 years, have lots of comingling of finances, 3 kids together, lots of trips, no criminal history whatsoever, no unlawful presence or entry and the interview went really well.  No RFEs in the whole entire process and the interviewer said we should receive approval in 1-120, but his supervisor was really busy.  I think it is stuck in background checks or with the supervisor or lost in the process.  I am going to contact our congressional representatives when I have time next week and then renew EAD

Hi Tilde 333, any updates regarding your CG?

Still waiting for interview. Now at 5 months since notification of 'Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview'...

I also follow the conversation over at the November 2018 AOS Filers thread and seeing folks with GCs in hand from other field offices across the country makes me wonder how we lost out on the lottery by getting such a slow office. Also read a worrying suggestion that USCIS are now targeting newer files so to bring down the average wait times...

Edited by craigybear

Just jumping in here to share my timeline. I filed in early March and my status has been ready to be scheduled for an interview at the Fairfax office since April 8th. Hoping everyone gets good news soon!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here got an interview scheduled recently? Case received Dec. 10th, AOS ready to schedule since March 20th, and no EAD/AP. 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

On 6/11/2019 at 11:36 AM, ITMFA said:

Anyone here got an interview scheduled recently? Case received Dec. 10th, AOS ready to schedule since March 20th, and no EAD/AP. 

PD 21st Nov.

Ready to schedule since Dec 26th.

Still waiting for interview to be scheduled.

However, we were lucky enough to receive EAD/AP in March.

24 minutes ago, craigybear said:

PD 21st Nov.

Ready to schedule since Dec 26th.

Still waiting for interview to be scheduled.

However, we were lucky enough to receive EAD/AP in March.

Yeah I'm currently trying to have my EAD/AP expedited with the help of our congressman's office. Hoping it'll go through in time for a big job opportunity starting at the beginning of July...

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

3 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Hoping it'll go through in time for a big job opportunity starting at the beginning of July...

Best of luck. I follow the Nov 2018 filers thread pretty closely and by the looks of it the combo cards are starting to come through for them. You shouldn't be too far behind.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader for quite some time, but the WAIT is killing me.  My husband and I live in NoVa and we filed for AOS on March 13, 2019 and our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since May 5, 2019 ....  Does anyone have any news on what month is currently being scheduled for interviews or what month is getting ead cards?  TY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.