msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon family, had my interview this morning at 9, got there early plus it was raining (We took the train) but not too bad. We checked in approx 8:45 and there was a fair amount of people waiting so we just watched HGTV until we were called in.

The officer was very professional and very nice.

After we swore in he asked:

How long have we known each other

How did we meet

Any kids

Previous marriages

About our change of address

Any proof of cohabitation

We provided proof of that

He then asked me the usual security questions

Afterwards he started to explain the 2 year conditional green card and how to prepare for the application to lift the conditions.

He then told us that it was approved!.

Process took a little under an hour from entry to leaving. I am so grateful.

Definitely wishing you guys the best and i ain't leaving the site.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys, just let you know that my interview has been scheduled just now.  And I got 6 texts notification from USCIS website hahaha

Best Valentine's Day gift!💖💖💖

I might be able to know the exact date on Monday when the mail comes.

So here is my timeline:

Filed AOS: August 22nd

Received: August 24th

NOA1: August 30th

Bio appointment: November 6th

Ready to be scheduled for an interview: November 9th, Feb 12th

Interview was scheduled: Feb 14th

DDE19279-CB52-4D12-AC05-139C312CBFBE.thumb.jpeg.b46f1d5e16856ea5e9c3e3ed8df97536.jpeg

Edited by Lin2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Lin2018 said:

Hey guys, just let you know that my interview has been scheduled just now.  And I got 6 texts notification from USCIS website hahaha

Best Valentine's Day gift!💖💖💖

I might be able to know the exact date on Monday when the mail comes.

So here is my timeline:

Filed AOS: August 22nd

Received: August 24th

NOA1: August 30th

Bio appointment: November 6th

Ready to be scheduled for an interview: November 9th, Feb 12th

Interview was scheduled: Feb 14th

DDE19279-CB52-4D12-AC05-139C312CBFBE.thumb.jpeg.b46f1d5e16856ea5e9c3e3ed8df97536.jpeg

Congratulations, just go knock it out the park

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, JacklynWin said:

mine haven't came yet. it has been over a month

did they tell you that you were approved or update that it was approved on the website?  Because he told us he would recommend for approval and it still says "interview was completed and case must be reviewed" on the website.  It will be 1 month in 3 days since the interview for us. 

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, JacklynWin said:

@Tilde333 so you already received your GC? Congratulation. The officer said he would recommend for approval on my case too but I don't see anything changed online. It still says "interview was scheduled". No I haven't post in any group yet.. any recommendation on where to fine these groups?

No, no green card yet.  We have been waiting now for a month.  Hopefully something will happen soon.  

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, Firebread said:

I still don't understand this, why so long?.

no idea, it still says "case must be reviewed". it will be 2 month on the 29th :((((((

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, have caught up on the entirety of this thread and it's been really useful for context and background information. So thank you.

We expect (although I'm not sure how we confirm?) that we'll be interviewed at the Fairfax office given we live in Arlington.

Our PD date was Nov 16th 2018 and based on some of the timelines you all have, really hoping to see details of our scheduled interview shortly!

I must admit that when I saw the 'ready to schedule interview' notices on Dec 26th I thought it would be about a week until we knew the interview date. Oh what an amateur.

What is the typical time between the interview being scheduled and the actual interview itself?

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, craigybear said:

Hi all, have caught up on the entirety of this thread and it's been really useful for context and background information. So thank you.

We expect (although I'm not sure how we confirm?) that we'll be interviewed at the Fairfax office given we live in Arlington.

Our PD date was Nov 16th 2018 and based on some of the timelines you all have, really hoping to see details of our scheduled interview shortly!

I must admit that when I saw the 'ready to schedule interview' notices on Dec 26th I thought it would be about a week until we knew the interview date. Oh what an amateur.

What is the typical time between the interview being scheduled and the actual interview itself?

our interview was 1 month after the notice.  I think that is pretty standard.  We had the ready to schedule interview update in August 2018 and the interview was Jan 29 2019....still no word since the interview and the interviewer said that my husband wouldn't get a conditional greencard because we have been married over 2 years....butttt its been over 2 months.  check out our timeline for a good idea of how long it will take with no RFEs...but now we are just waiting again :(

On 4/9/2019 at 3:49 PM, Tilde333 said:

but now we are just waiting again :(

Sorry to hear this and hope it works out ASAP.

Thanks for the reply, too. We will keep our fingers crossed that the interview is scheduled shortly. Looking at your timeline, I'd expect it anytime now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.