msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JacklynWin said:

Hi there, how long does it take you from the interview to receive an actual greencard? TIA :)

I haven’t had my interview yet, it’s literally day after tomorrow I am freaking out. But to answer your question, if you get approved, it can take anywhere from 7-120 days.

1 minute ago, Ani924 said:

I haven’t had my interview yet, it’s literally day after tomorrow I am freaking out. But to answer your question, if you get approved, it can take anywhere from 7-120 days.

Good luck on your interview! I had mine at Fairfax too, on 01/16. Make sure you review all the forms that you submit & prepare to answer "How did you guys meet?".. then you are good to go.

First submission was 06/20/18. After my interview, nothing has changed online yet even though he said he would recommend to approve my case. i'm still waiting for my GC. He just tell me make sure I don't go out of country before GC arrived, cuz I planned to travel in spring break!

keep me updated on your interview!

2 hours ago, JacklynWin said:

Good luck on your interview! I had mine at Fairfax too, on 01/16. Make sure you review all the forms that you submit & prepare to answer "How did you guys meet?".. then you are good to go.

First submission was 06/20/18. After my interview, nothing has changed online yet even though he said he would recommend to approve my case. i'm still waiting for my GC. He just tell me make sure I don't go out of country before GC arrived, cuz I planned to travel in spring break!

Thank you the advice!!! I am in total panic mode haha, I’ll post an update after. Btw did they ask you for your most updated i94 at the interview? The online system removed mine cuz I haven’t traveled the past 5 years and I just found out 😨 I have an older i94 and I submitted copies in the original packet but that’s making me flip out a little cuz I couldn’t print one today. 

Good luck on your gc, it’s strange they haven’t updated it, maybe it’ll arrive randomly in the mail. Let me know what happens, it’ll help get an idea how the Fairfax timeline is. 

Everyone else, any advice at all is appreciated, my poor hubby has to deal with my type A crazy 😆

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
19 hours ago, JacklynWin said:

Oh I didn't know we couldn't leave the country until the GC arrived.  We had out interview on 1/29 and no news or update yet.  My husband has his EAD and combo card and my parents would be here to get the GC if it arrived while we were gone.  Did he tell you why not? 

5 hours ago, Tilde333 said:

Oh I didn't know we couldn't leave the country until the GC arrived.  We had out interview on 1/29 and no news or update yet.  My husband has his EAD and combo card and my parents would be here to get the GC if it arrived while we were gone.  Did he tell you why not? 

I’m not sure if I asked him why but things may happened. Just from my point of view, uscis have not make a decision to your case that means there are chances for them to conduct a second interview on you, and any chances you go out of the country but cannot go back your case will be considering abandoned. EAD and Parole Card is not a guarantee for you to come in the country, at the airport when you enter US they will determined if you are allowed to come back in. I’ve seen people use the card to travel but to me personally I wouldn’t take that risk.

Interview went beautifully and like an hour later, CARD IN PRODUCTION! Yayyyy!

officer was so nice and easy to talk to. He asked us how we met, first date, where was the wedding, how many guests, where have we travelled, where do we live, birth dates, social, previous addresses, work history, very detailed. First time into the US? Which visa? History of entering the leaving the country, port of entry, schools I went to. Extremely detailed but that’s his job. Asked all questions on ineligibility. I will add, my hubby was laid off in December and the officer asked if he still worked at his old job. We told him the truth but he didn’t ask for a new affidavit or anything like that. 

He then looked at our pictures, I had two albums, took like 5-6 pictures and done! He did tell us about the 2 years provision and when I can apply for citizenship and that it may take 2-3 months to get the card. Fairfax office is the best, we talked to some lovely security guards and happy going front desk people. Good luck y’all! I’m glad our journey is over for 2 years!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ani924 said:

officer was so nice and easy to talk to. He asked us how we met, first date, where was the wedding, how many guests, where have we travelled, where do we live, birth dates, social, previous addresses, work history, very detailed. First time into the US? Which visa? History of entering the leaving the country, port of entry, schools I went to. Extremely detailed but that’s his job. Asked all questions on ineligibility. I will add, my hubby was laid off in December and the officer asked if he still worked at his old job. We told him the truth but he didn’t ask for a new affidavit or anything like that. 

He then looked at our pictures, I had two albums, took like 5-6 pictures and done! He did tell us about the 2 years provision and when I can apply for citizenship and that it may take 2-3 months to get the card. Fairfax office is the best, we talked to some lovely security guards and happy going front desk people. Good luck y’all! I’m glad our journey is over for 2 years!  

Congratulations! So happy for you! And thanks for sharing your experience. That's really detailed and useful.

Hopefully my interview can be scheduled as soon as possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ani924 said:

Congratulations! Happy for you guys. Wr go in next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, Ani924 said:

Good luck!! It’ll go great!

Thank you 😊

On 2/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, Tilde333 said:

Hey any updates?.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:42 AM, Firebread said:

Thank you 😊

Hey any updates?.

no, nothing :( two weeks since the interview today

dying to know about John and Janay :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.