msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, John and Janay said:

So so did they approve your case? Any update on when your card will come? 

Yes, my online status changed to "approved" during the night after the interview, and the card arrived a week later.  It's not as green as the name would suggest. 

I love the sense of comradery in this group. Good luck @John and Janay and @Tilde333on your interviews this week!! Ours is just around the corner. I am low key terrified and so excited at the same time 😬 keep me updated  😄😆

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, RLA said:

Yes, my online status changed to "approved" during the night after the interview, and the card arrived a week later.  It's not as green as the name would suggest. 

That’s awesome! So glad it was a quick turnaround! Congratulations!!! 

2 hours ago, Ani924 said:

I love the sense of comradery in this group. Good luck @John and Janay and @Tilde333on your interviews this week!! Ours is just around the corner. I am low key terrified and so excited at the same time 😬 keep me updated  😄😆

Oh yes! It sure eases some of the anxiety knowing others are in it with us! ThAnks and good luck to you too! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

That’s awesome! So glad it was a quick turnaround! Congratulations!!! 

Oh yes! It sure eases some of the anxiety knowing others are in it with us! ThAnks and good luck to you too! 

I agree with this, i have mines in early Feb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, Ani924 said:

Thank you so much!! I am currently putting the finishing touches on the binder for TOMORROW! We are certainly nervous, but we have a 1 year old daughter to bring with as evidence :) I will post a super detailed update and review after tomorrow.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night folks, wishing you the best tomorrow @Tilde333 on your appt. Can someone who has gone already confirm how far away is the Metro station from the office (Orange line) and is it walking distance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, Tilde333 said:

Thank you so much!! I am currently putting the finishing touches on the binder for TOMORROW! We are certainly nervous, but we have a 1 year old daughter to bring with as evidence :) I will post a super detailed update and review after tomorrow.   

Hey guys! How did it go?! Waiting on your good news! 😀

20 hours ago, Firebread said:

Good night folks, wishing you the best tomorrow @Tilde333 on your appt. Can someone who has gone already confirm how far away is the Metro station from the office (Orange line) and is it walking distance.

I haven’t been to the office but I used to live close to it, it’s about a 10 min walk from the Dunn loring metro. Not too bad, but I don’t know how clearly marked the sidewalks etc are

Edited by Ani924
Typo

Timeline
4 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Ok so! It went pretty well, the office is nice. Super tight security (take off shoes, belts, everything) make the left before the office to get to the parking garage ($7). I wouldn’t get there very early because we had to wait a while. So like 10 min before you appt should be fine.  Interviewer was nice, very businesslike.  

PD July 09, 2018 marriage based AOS from B2 visa from Costa Rica.  I prepared the whole application without a lawyer. 

I think it went well, interviewer asked all of the questions of eligibility (terrorist, drugs etc) to my husband (beneficiary).  He ask him my name and his children’s names., last entrance to the US. Then he asked me my husband’s name and birthday, place of birth, wedding date.  I added some more evidence that I didn’t have when we applied (joint accounts, etc).  

He then said we had a beautiful family (we have a 1 year old who we brought with us).  But that it would be 1 day to 120 days to wait for approval or intent to deny 😨 and that he had to do a final background check and approval from his supervisor.  

So no real closure :(  We asked if he thought he was recommending us for approval and he said he cannot answer that and needs to review the file. 

12 hours ago, Tilde333 said:

Ok so! It went pretty well, the office is nice. Super tight security (take off shoes, belts, everything) make the left before the office to get to the parking garage ($7). I wouldn’t get there very early because we had to wait a while. So like 10 min before you appt should be fine.  Interviewer was nice, very businesslike.  

PD July 09, 2018 marriage based AOS from B2 visa from Costa Rica.  I prepared the whole application without a lawyer. 

I think it went well, interviewer asked all of the questions of eligibility (terrorist, drugs etc) to my husband (beneficiary).  He ask him my name and his children’s names., last entrance to the US. Then he asked me my husband’s name and birthday, place of birth, wedding date.  I added some more evidence that I didn’t have when we applied (joint accounts, etc).  

He then said we had a beautiful family (we have a 1 year old who we brought with us).  But that it would be 1 day to 120 days to wait for approval or intent to deny 😨 and that he had to do a final background check and approval from his supervisor.  

So no real closure :(  We asked if he thought he was recommending us for approval and he said he cannot answer that and needs to review the file. 

Congrats! It sounds like it went well and they’ll approve it soon. Let us know once you get the approval good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello there! My fiancee just got to the US on the 17th of January. We also got married on the 29th January. Based on what I see on the USCIS site as well as Visa Journey site- I need to submit form I485 and Affidavit of Support form. Which form is the correct affidavit of support- I-134 or I-864? Also Do I need to file a separate form I-485 for my step son who came along on a K3 visa? 

Another question about the form I485- page 8 Part 6- where it is asking to list all living children including step children. Does it mean she needs to list my children with my prior marriage?

Thanks for all the help. 

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, John and Janay said:

hi John and Janay! How did your interview go? We had officer townsend, curious if you did too (know it is unlikely though).  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got our interview in Fairfax VA as well (in February 2018) and it went well. Officer was courteous and professional. We filed for AOS in April 2017 and got interviewed in February 2018. We went well prepared with all documents, photos, and so on, with a copy for everything in case the officer likes to keep some documents. Good luck to you all!

2 hours ago, alicekitty said:

We got our interview in Fairfax VA as well (in February 2018) and it went well. Officer was courteous and professional. We filed for AOS in April 2017 and got interviewed in February 2018. We went well prepared with all documents, photos, and so on, with a copy for everything in case the officer likes to keep some documents. Good luck to you all!

Can you please give us more details on what questions etc they asked? Thanks!!

also, @John and Janay how was your interview? Give us the good newssss!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ani924 said:

Can you please give us more details on what questions etc they asked? Thanks!!

@John and Janay

Sure! It was very formulaic. The officer started by asking some basic questions about where we live, when we met and so on. He never asked to see wedding invitations and photos. He focused on the bureaucratic questions (no questions about what color is your toothbrush or anything like that). We rehearsed for so long but were relieved that all the questions were very straightforward. Have you met her parents? Where do you currently live? And then no more than 5 questions later the officer transitioned to a long list of questions that he read out loud word for word, using a pencil to underline each word as he read. The questions concern if my husband has ever been involved in any terrorist group and so  on, the same list of questions you filled out when filling out the applications. You have to sit there patiently and say "no" each time. And look serious. That turned out to be the most difficult part, as those questions were repetitive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.