msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, gpmr said:

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader for quite some time, but the WAIT is killing me.  My husband and I live in NoVa and we filed for AOS on March 13, 2019 and our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since May 5, 2019 ....  Does anyone have any news on what month is currently being scheduled for interviews or what month is getting ead cards?  TY!

With regards to EAD - they extended the normal processing time recently. I would certainly recommend that you search the forums for a thread for March 2019 filers - those are your fellow filers and you’ll start to get a feel for when the EADs begin to come through. 

As as for the NoVa office... it’s slow. We have been waiting on ready to schedule since Dec 26th and still don’t have our apportionment notice. We filed 16th November.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, gpmr said:

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader for quite some time, but the WAIT is killing me.  My husband and I live in NoVa and we filed for AOS on March 13, 2019 and our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since May 5, 2019 ....  Does anyone have any news on what month is currently being scheduled for interviews or what month is getting ead cards?  TY!

I'm also a March filer, here's our thread:

Current EAD processing times are 6.5-8.5 months and based on that thread, most March filers haven't really started getting theirs yet. Like someone else said, our DC office is pretty slow. They've also recently increased processing times to 10.5-24.5 months, when it used to be ~8 when we filed. All the people that I've seen on here or know irl that have had interviews at our office recently, filed around fall 2018 so I don't expect us to get interviews for another few months.. 

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

So i have been a silent reader in this group among some others. There are not many groups that are solely for Fairfax area. Finally i have got some good news. 
The reason why i am posting this is because alot of people post their timelines online and this helped me in a way to calculate how long it took for the whole process. 

So here is my timeline

PD : Nov 16th 2018

Biometrics Done : Dec 10th 2018

Changed status to ready to schedule for interview : Dec 26th 

EAD in-hand : March 20th 2019

July 23rd 2019 : Suddenly interview cancelled - But the problem is that there was no interview scheduled .  A call to USCIS help center and spoke to tier 2 officer after called me back 4 hours later, he told me he wasnt sure why and told me must be a glitch but as soon as i hung up the status changed back to Case is scheduled for an interview. 

This could have been because i changed my address recently . Not sure but i kept checking on USCIS tracker app and i saw alot of status changed to Interview cancelled that same day as my case changed to Interview cancelled. 

Finally today 08/12/2019 , USCIS case tracker status changed to Interview has been scheduled. 

Thank you  everyone for sharing their timelines. 

At the end of the day it does not matter because every case is different but at least reading someones experiences and their timeline gives you an idea what to expect next. 

So for everyone who is in fairfax area, i estimated my interview date would be after 4-5 months after EAD. which is true now. Thats what you guys should expect if the case is pretty straight forward.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

We're in Northern Virginia.  Heart of the USG...

We filed for my Wife's AOS (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765) in late May.  Had a Biometrics Interview in June, just returned a RFE Response (regarding her Exchange Status and 212(e) which she is not subject to, the USCIS officer also completed overlooked her two visa copies in our original submission in there that state she's not subject to it) and now it's being "Reviewed".  They should have access to SEVIS so they should easily be able to see who is subject to those rules.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are in NoVA as well. My wife got her EAD last week and yesterday was her first day of work :)

She's so happy that she doesn't have to be at home all day long anymore :)

Now we are waiting for GC interview. Applied in May this year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.