Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, NanRob said:

What I'm most worried about is getting turned away. Have others been successful? I'm just concerned this isn't essential travel, though it feels like it should be.

Jessica is flying next Wednesday (8th July). I'll update with our experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@NanRob Jessica is here!  She said is was a really easy journey, the flight wasn't full and the food and drinks service was normal. Only thing was wearing masks.  She had to fill in the UK quarantine form before she left, they checked that on landing, but no other questions.  She's now quarantining here with me and I couldn't be happier! :)  All I can say is book that flight! 

1 hour ago, Jessica & Karl said:

@NanRob Jessica is here!  She said is was a really easy journey, the flight wasn't full and the food and drinks service was normal. Only thing was wearing masks.  She had to fill in the UK quarantine form before she left, they checked that on landing, but no other questions.  She's now quarantining here with me and I couldn't be happier! :)  All I can say is book that flight! 

Wow!!! That's so amazing :) that makes me feel so much better about booking! 

Thank you for updating! :) I hope you enjoy your time with each other!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Hi everyone! My fiancé is from Rwanda and has previously been in the US for a professional conference and then in December to visit my family and I (the month before we filed). 

We both want him to come visit as we don’t know when we will get an interview, however, I am concerned if by chance he was denied entry the fee (possibly large) of the ticket back. Does anyone know anything about this? 

he does have a job back in Rwanda and we are using a lawyer and is enrolled in school for the fall for evidence. It is just hard to know what CBP officer you will get 😬

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, geoff365 said:

I'm very new to this process lol. So, it is possible for my fiance to come from the Philippines into the USA for a visit to achieve our face to face? I am unable to go there due to health concerns.

It is possible. OK things are a bit different now but the US has a major tourist industry in normal times. Has s/he vacationed in the US before?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, geoff365 said:

No. She has never left the Philippines before

Well all down to her situation, no harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

My fiancé just got approved at Chicago POE. Said he was coming to visit his fiancé and they never asked about a pending k1 petition or anything! We lucked out! Didn’t ask for any evidence! 

Timeline

Very unusual to be asked for evidence which does not mean you should not have any.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 6:54 PM, Mariah&Alexis said:

My fiancé just got approved at Chicago POE. Said he was coming to visit his fiancé and they never asked about a pending k1 petition or anything! We lucked out! Didn’t ask for any evidence! 

Good for you! Enjoy your time together :D

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this is a pretty old topic, but I want to add my two cents. I am canadian! 

I’ve had over 20 visits with my USC partner over the last 2 years alone, and I’ve never had any issues crossing the border into the states. Sometimes the border officer is a little more inquisitive like how we met, what I do for work and if I can afford to be away long (my stays are usually 2 weeks or so). Other than that, I was never denied. Even when I flew to see him this July. 

I just have to return home and quarantine, of course :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.