Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,463 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello!

Just posting it for the ones who need to apply for the tourist visa to go and visit the US.

I applied in July (a month before we got NOA-2) through Warsaw, Poland and was denied. I was told “to go and wait for your K1”. That was a sad experience and huge waste of money considering I had to go to another country. But once again, they probably just don’t like Russians😂

So, my story really should be posted in the topic “No, you can’t visit”, but I didn’t find one😅

But I’m very happy for the ones who can) That inspired me back at the day and I’m still glad I at least tried.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much "yes you can visit if you're eligible for the visa waiver program or have a valid visitor visa from before you applied for a K-1". There are some cases of people getting visitor visas approved with a K-1 in process, but it doesn't happen very often because you definitely have immigrant intent at that point.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello~

I might be asking a question that was asked millions of times but I just want to make sure.

My fiance, from Canada, wants to visit me during Christmas for 3 weeks. Does he have to get any visitors visa?

By that time too we might be getting our NOA2. Would it be harder for him to visit once we receive it?

Just wanted to share my expierence.

We filed our K1 application in February and I visited two times since that in April and July (2 weeks each) without any problems.

Me and my Fiance knew we are gonna get an RFE, so we decided to book another flight for September and I planned on staying with him for 7 weeks and also bring my dog. So of course I was stressing out, getting all the evidence to proof my ties and also the documents for importing my dog.

... then i arrived around 5pm on wednesday last week at the Dulles airport in Washington DC... and you know what? The officer didnt care about anything. He asked me why and how long im there and then he send me through without even looking up to me. They didnt even check the vaccinations or anything for my dog. lol

Maybe its important to mention that I am from germany and I am using my ESTA for visiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I wanted to see if anyone had troubles getting into the country while their I-129f was in process. My Fiancé visited once before the process and once after with no problems, both were only a week long visits and stamped for 6 months. the next visit we planned on him staying for 4 months, and the Immigration officers kept him for over two hour and said they were going to turn him away twice because they said he was trying to immigrate here. after they said he needs to be in his country for the visa and had to leave after a month.

since he left it will be over 6 weeks and we are trying to have him come visit for a week and wanted to see if anyone had this issue or was turned away? has anyone had this happen then had success with another visit?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 2:44 PM, AVContreras said:

Hello~

I might be asking a question that was asked millions of times but I just want to make sure.

My fiance, from Canada, wants to visit me during Christmas for 3 weeks. Does he have to get any visitors visa?

By that time too we might be getting our NOA2. Would it be harder for him to visit once we receive it?

Hello :D

If he is from Canada with a Canadian Passport he does not need a visa to visit. I presume it would be a little more difficult, if you get your NOA2 (that is speculation as I'm not anywhere close to that point of the process), however if he goes prepared with proof that he HAS STRONG TIES to return to Canada then it shouldn't be a problem. He may get asked more questions but that's to be expected.

For example I brought (but didn't end up using) a job letter stating when I needed to return to work and a copy of my lease that ends in 2019.

Hope this Helps!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience. I visited my fiancé in September for 20 days. We filed our K1 in February and we actually got our NOA2 the day I got to the US (we didn't know then). I was pretty nervous, especially because I am currently unemployed, I don't own a real estate and I am not paying any rent. So I had with me bunch of documents that showed that I still have ties to my country (Italy), like bank accounts, bonds, saving accounts. My final destination was SEATTLE and I chose on purpose to get in SEA airport as my POE, but unfortunately on my journey I missed one connection and I ended up entering US in Minneapolis airport (MSP). But everything went smoothly. I was traveling with ESTA so i was able to do the computer kiosks and the cpb officer asked me of course what was the purpose of my visit. I was super honest and I said immediately "to visit my fiancé" and he kinda joked around the fact that I was too young to get married etc. At the end he asked if I was going to move to the US or if my fiancé was moving to Italy, I said that I was in the middle of the k1 visa process and he was happy I was going to be an expat like him. Everything lasted probably 3/5 minutes. No evidences or questions about my ties to Italy were asked. 

I hope I was helpful.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, pinkitmake said:

I would love for my fiance to come visit until we get our NOA2 or close to it, but as of right now, he is unemployed. He's taking community college courses but I'm worried it's not enough if he gets interviewed in secondary. The first time he came to visit, before the K1, he was in secondary for a while (new passport) but I'm just afraid he would be turned away after an 18 hour flight. Has anyone had luck with a month or two visit but with no employment? What else could he possibly use for ties to home?

Read my post above. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I keep seeing people that are visiting on ESTA. What are the chances of my Filipino Fiancee getting approved for a B2 to visit for about 2 weeks while waiting on NOA2 for our K1?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, clw654321 said:

I keep seeing people that are visiting on ESTA. What are the chances of my Filipino Fiancee getting approved for a B2 to visit for about 2 weeks while waiting on NOA2 for our K1?

Very much depends on her circumstances.

Most of the ones we see on here would not be obvious candidates for a B.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Very much depends on her circumstances.

Most of the ones we see on here would not be obvious candidates for a B.

She has a good job, her own condo, good family ties. Her circumstances are really good there. I was just under the impression that anyone in the K1 process would most likely be denied...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

She has a good job, her own condo, good family ties. Her circumstances are really good there. I was just under the impression that anyone in the K1 process would most likely be denied...

Being in the process does not preclude a B, makes maybe her case harder, she may be the exception to the situations we see. Obviously she has quite a few negatives.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would like to share my experience visiting my fiancé while waiting on our NOA2.

I arrived at the airport in Miami on Oct 4th and was upfront when the agent asked about the purpose of my trip. He asked what I do for a living, how long would I be staying, etc. but seemed a bit weirded out and asked if my fiancé was Brazilian and how we met. I replied and added that we currently have an open petition for a K1 visa. That's when he went just "Oh, okay" and stopped asking questions and stamped my passport without any restriction.

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.