SusieQQQ

N400 backlog skyrockets under new administration

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chloraflora said:

Extreme liberal left-wing agenda. Good grief.

Pray tell, where can I get my news where it won't be affected by this?

CNN

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Your sarcasm is not required. It’s not like this is the first post I’ve made on VJ and it’s not like I spend all my time on this forum ranting about immigration policies. I posted it because it’s an article that’s directly related to the topic of this particular forum.

It is also pretty important to me, because this backlog that has arisen is going to create quite a large headache for us in that it probably means my one child will turn 18, and probably even move away to college, before my application will be processed. These will happen, respectively, about 7 months and 12 months after I can file. So it’s more money, more hassle for both of us and more time for her because obviously she can’t pre-emptively apply and she needs to be resident in new her state 3 months before applying on her own.  So while that’s not quite a question, if there is anything you can suggest to navigate this situation I’d love to hear that too. Presuming you do actually answer questions on occasion here.

Yes I do answer questions on here. ...AND as YOU should be able to see, I am not the only one with discussion of this kind.

If you are against Trump this is what you will believe. Trump has nothing to do with people who wants to Naturalize. He is against illegal immigrants especially to criminal illegal immigrants. For me I don't have to worry I can wait patiently when will my application be approved. For us legal migrants who spent too much to process our applications and waiting for to be approved.We should support Trump and let illegal immigrants to stop in US.

Timeline

81f-dcnSlXL._SL1500_.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

81f-dcnSlXL._SL1500_.jpg

:jest: (where's the puke smiley when you need it?) 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Scandi said:

:jest: (where's the puke smiley when you need it?) 

puke-emoticon-299.jpg

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Turns out "it's just an estimate", or rather a number that doesn't indicate actual completion time, is correct.

I sent out the application on Dec 11, 2017, it was delivered Dec 14, finger prints were done in in early January, interview was on Dec 11, 2018, and naturalization ceremony will be tomorrow, Dec 18.

So I guess it's like when your watch says "water resistant up to 300 m", doesn't mean you can take down scuba diving, but it's OK to take it swimming in the pool. ;)

Rather than waiting until February 2020 as initially indicated at the USCIS website, looks like it will all be done tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Kar_98 said:

Turns out "it's just an estimate", or rather a number that doesn't indicate actual completion time, is correct.

I sent out the application on Dec 11, 2017, it was delivered Dec 14, finger prints were done in in early January, interview was on Dec 11, 2018, and naturalization ceremony will be tomorrow, Dec 18.

So I guess it's like when your watch says "water resistant up to 300 m", doesn't mean you can take down scuba diving, but it's OK to take it swimming in the pool. ;)

Rather than waiting until February 2020 as initially indicated at the USCIS website, looks like it will all be done tomorrow.

Congrats on your oath appt !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.