1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Will have a job interview tomorrow as the retail sales. Opposite from my work experience, hopefully will get this one and just earn some money before I get the real job. Just wondering about others, what do you plan in terms of working? Have you start applying yet?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/3/2018 at 1:50 PM, ashleykay said:

After I called USCIS to expedite, it took 5 days to show up on my case status saying they sent me a letter. I received the letter about 5 days after that saying I needed to fax documents. I did the same day and from that day it took 3.5 weeks to get a decision.

So from the day I called to request to the day my new card is being produced was 1 month & 2 days! Now I have to wait about 10 business days until I receive my card in the mail. 

Wow! I have a job offer pending. Apparently they (USCIS) have sent a letter requesting proof, but the guy on the phone said that I have to wait for the letter first as I need to attach it to my response by fax. The extended my job offer until the 22nd of October pm but doesn’t look like it will come in time. I’m still hoping that it will! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
14 hours ago, KandW said:

Wow! I have a job offer pending. Apparently they (USCIS) have sent a letter requesting proof, but the guy on the phone said that I have to wait for the letter first as I need to attach it to my response by fax. The extended my job offer until the 22nd of October pm but doesn’t look like it will come in time. I’m still hoping that it will! 

I think it’s a case by case basis, Try and get your congress involved also. Don’t know if it helped or not but it couldn’t hurt to try. ☺️

21 hours ago, emekus94 said:

lol
#ConfusedToo#

I thought Jackie was saying that we are no longer on page 2 on Vj for threads that are active

I probably read WAYYY too much into things. :whistle:

22 hours ago, DPP123 said:

I am confused.  What is going on?  I thought Jackie  posted this by mistake  lol

We WERE on page two for the AOS progress forum. I necro'd our thread and brought it to the light.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I’m so excited to get this update. Tracking says it will be here by TUESDAY 😍 I could cry. 

Does anyone know how long after I get my card will I get my SSN? (I chose for them to give me one) 

2F5015B5-1BC6-4D13-9983-B2E776D2543B.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 7:19 PM, Summer123 said:

Congrats to you @Jemilyn . 

Did you get an update on your uscis account? Like they sent a response , was assigned to an officer?

Mine showed like those messages today and I’m hoping tomorrow I will be approved.

My status updated into " INTERVIEW SCHEDULED " then I received the appointment letter today 

Timeline
On 10/3/2018 at 1:06 PM, KandW said:

How long has it taken to expedite your EAD if you don’t mind both sharing? 

I still don't have my EAD/AP as of now it doesn't matter to me... coz I got my AOS interview scheduled here in my uscis field office i am very sure I'm gonna have my gc on second week of November 

Timeline

@Jemilyn wow congrats to you. Mine still not showing any kind of changes but I do believe it will come soon. 

Mao when’s your interview? And when did you file your application? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Summer123 said:

@Jemilyn wow congrats to you. Mine still not showing any kind of changes but I do believe it will come soon. 

Mao when’s your interview? And when did you file your application? 

November 7 in Detroit field office... you will be the next soon ☺️

12 hours ago, zhelle said:

My case is ready to be scheduled since September 5 too. I am from San Antonio too. I don’t really know. I hope we get our EAD soon.

7 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

Yes hopefully 

Welcome to Texas, where we face extremely long wait times. Hopefully we all hear some good news, soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Any July filers received EAD/AP yet without expediting?  I saw in a facebook group that some early June filers just received theirs...so maybe a months more? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.