1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, scorr77 said:

Congratulations so happy for you!! Its just a picture 😏

Thank you! 😄😄😄😄

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Christy&J said:

Haha ! I never be happy with pic of my id..I always look like I just got out of bed or even worst 🤣

I never be happy with mine too! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Except a picture on K-1 visa

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My EAD Expedite request has been approved and my card is in production!!!! So happy.  Now I don’t mind how long it takes for my interview. I CAN WORK 😁😁 

Edited by ashleykay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ashleykay said:

My EAD Expedite request has been approved and my card is in production!!!! So happy.  Now I don’t mind how long it takes for my interview. I CAN WORK 😁😁 

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
yayyy for good news on Monday!!
Congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to you @Jemilyn . 

Did you get an update on your uscis account? Like they sent a response , was assigned to an officer?

Mine showed like those messages today and I’m hoping tomorrow I will be approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, emekus94 said:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
yayyy for good news on Monday!!
Congrats!!!

Thank you!! I’m so happy. Took a little longer than expected but thankfully my employer was able to hold the position open for me. Excited to be able to help provide for my family!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ashleykay said:

Thank you!! I’m so happy. Took a little longer than expected but thankfully my employer was able to hold the position open for me. Excited to be able to help provide for my family!!!

Hi @ Ashley kay, congratulations on your expedite. Pls if I may ask, what was your reason for the expedite? 

2 hours ago, CaptainAmerica said:

California DMV won't accept any other form of verification that you are legally within the US until your EAD is ready, in order to get a regular licence (or the new RealID). They do however provide the AB60 licence, which functions similarly to a regular driving licence with limitations ie you can't use it to fly (which is no problem if you have a passport), or for work authorisation. If you can provide the DMV with your passport, SSN, and proof of residence, you should be able to get an AB60 with no problem. I'd read that there is a secondary review which can take a long time, but twice upon talking to the DMV over the phone, they told me that I had enough documentation to successfully get the AB60 - but I had to go to a specific driving licence processing centre to get that ie not every local office can process it. Fortunately there was one processing centre only a short drive from me, so I went there to prepare to wait hours again. Thankfully I was done in 90 minutes! I'd brought my passport, current temporary licence (that had just expired), SSN card with the slip including my address, bank statements, and even my marriage and birth certificate in case they needed those. All that I needed to show them again was my passport, SSN card and bank statements for proof of residency. And that was it. I received my California licence in the mail just over a week later, and it's been a blessing to have it. My husband and I are looking to buy a new car, and just having that licence with me has been such a help. Once I receive my EAD, I just need to go back to the DMV again to swap the licence for a RealID. 

I hope this information helps anyone else in a similar situation, although it might be that you can now hold out for the EAD if these really might be with us by next month! 

Just so you know, because I am on an AB60 as well, the AB60 license is good for 5 years before it needs renewing, as if it was a regular license. If you go to DMV and swap it again for a license based on your EAD (REALID or otherwise), it will expire when your EAD does, and it can be a PITA to get it renewed when all you get from USCIS is a letter to say your EAD has been extended.  You don't need a REALID license yet because your EAD will be REALID compliant and you can use that to board planes and enter military bases.

Edited by IncogNitro

Realistically when could we expect to hear something about the EAD?  Our applicaton was received 7/24.  Supporting both of us on my income has been pretty damn tough and we are really hoping she can finally work to make life a little easier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.