1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kamilps said:

Good luck! we are having ours Thursday at government center.

ours too will be at the JFK building- can’t wait hopefully all will go smooth. should be okay based on the reviews of the Boston Office 

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

Filed: Timeline

Just received like 10 text messages and an email saying that our case has been scheduled for an interview and they will send a notice. Hopefully this will be over by the end of the month! We filed July 23rd Charlotte NC office if anybody's wondering.

Question for the group and those who have had their EAD/AP approved (ahead of AOS interview) - does it get updated on the case status page that you search using your MSC number? I know the tracking for the K1 was pretty bad but I'm curious if people have had success in seeing it was approved before it came in the mail? I have USPS notifications turned out but curious (as I can't help checking daily)

Hoping the EAD/AP uptick in approval speeds continues to trend faster! Have a great weekend everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, WOG said:

Question for the group and those who have had their EAD/AP approved (ahead of AOS interview) - does it get updated on the case status page that you search using your MSC number? I know the tracking for the K1 was pretty bad but I'm curious if people have had success in seeing it was approved before it came in the mail? I have USPS notifications turned out but curious (as I can't help checking daily)

Hoping the EAD/AP uptick in approval speeds continues to trend faster! Have a great weekend everyone!

No one in July has gotten their EAD/AP in a normal processing time
I think one/two? persons got it Expedited.

Also- it's really a complete waste of time checking to see if things update all the time.
It's a coin toss.
And one person's experience will NOT tell you what will happen to yours.

Read older forum's like May/June and u will see a HOST of people getting EADs in the mail without any notifications

Hi guys 

we had our interview Thursday October 11 in Boston at the JFK building. 

We had to wait more than an hours because they were having system problems. After the wait an officer call us and let both of us inside. She asked basic question from the formularies that didn’t feel like an interview. She also was super friendly.

The interview lasted about 35 minutes but she mostly went trough the formularies and my multiple visas. Then she ask about  5 questions about our relationship and didn’t care who would answer them. 

The questions were easy, she asked when and where we met, why our fathers didn’t come to the ceremony, my wife birthday, and my parents names.

It is important to mention that she didn’t even look to our new evidence that we brought to the interview, but she defenetly had study the package that I sent in July. S he knew that we met long ago and mentioned that she saw that our fathers weren’t in the pictures. 

She never approved us on the spot but she explain how the temporary green card would work and that in 2 years I would have to apply to other one. Then I asked her when would I have the decision from the interview and she said that probably by the end o of the day. 

We left home and just after 5pm I got the notification of my approval! 

Good of luck everyone  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abeezyfresh said:

For anyone who can benefit, I want to let you all know what happened at the interview yesterday, 10/12 in Cincinnati, OH. If you have any questions, let me know! My timeline is updated as well. 

The interview went smoovely and lasted about 30 minutes. My husband does not speak English only Spanish, so we brought a translator with us. The officer only wanted the translator to translate when she needed to speak to my husband. She got annoyed when the translator translated literally every and anything said in English. Our lawyer and our 11 month old squirmy, talkative son accompanied us as well. We were running about 10 minutes late, but still were seen for the interview, as it didn’t seem to affect anything. The officer that interviewed us was semi-firm to show she was about business, but pretty cool overall. She asked me all of the questions concerning our relationship-if I know how to speak Spanish and if I can speak it well, how we met, when we met and started talking, our love story, our living situation, info on the day we got married and if/when our families met, job position information and any other supporting evidence. We provided her with a book of pictures, bank account statements to show that we have a joint account, print outs showing my husband as a beneficiary on vision, dental, and health insurance and 401k. We gave her 4 photos to put in the file. The officer only asked my husband the security questions. She was saying how I was the head honcho in charge, as anything she asked for I had it all ready to go on the spot.  The interview was almost like having girl talk, catching my boss up on my relationship with out crossing any personal or professional boundaries lol. Afterwards she told me to pass a piece of paper to my lawyer, then she gave me my copy, which was evidence of being approved and then she said the green card was approved. She then proceeded with how in two years we need to get the conditions removed and how we would receive the card in 2-4 weeks. A couple of hours later I got a notice saying that the card was being produced. And let the church say...AMEN. 

Congratulatiens....   just a question, who was your translator??? Did you pay for one or it was a friend???

My wife doesn't speak English...

5 hours ago, Joselio said:

Congratulatiens....   just a question, who was your translator??? Did you pay for one or it was a friend???

My wife doesn't speak English...

Thanks! And we payed a professional translator to avoid any conflict of interest. It’s best to just hire someone professionally in my opinion. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Abeezyfresh said:

Thanks! And we payed a professional translator to avoid any conflict of interest. It’s best to just hire someone professionally in my opinion. 

Can I  ask you how much did you pay for the translator? .... we may have to go to the same route...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, Abeezyfresh said:

For anyone who can benefit, I want to let you all know what happened at the interview yesterday, 10/12 in Cincinnati, OH. If you have any questions, let me know! My timeline is updated as well. 

The interview went smoovely and lasted about 30 minutes. My husband does not speak English only Spanish, so we brought a translator with us. The officer only wanted the translator to translate when she needed to speak to my husband. She got annoyed when the translator translated literally every and anything said in English. Our lawyer and our 11 month old squirmy, talkative son accompanied us as well. We were running about 10 minutes late, but still were seen for the interview, as it didn’t seem to affect anything. The officer that interviewed us was semi-firm to show she was about business, but pretty cool overall. She asked me all of the questions concerning our relationship-if I know how to speak Spanish and if I can speak it well, how we met, when we met and started talking, our love story, our living situation, info on the day we got married and if/when our families met, job position information and any other supporting evidence. We provided her with a book of pictures, bank account statements to show that we have a joint account, print outs showing my husband as a beneficiary on vision, dental, and health insurance and 401k. We gave her 4 photos to put in the file. The officer only asked my husband the security questions. She was saying how I was the head honcho in charge, as anything she asked for I had it all ready to go on the spot.  The interview was almost like having girl talk, catching my boss up on my relationship with out crossing any personal or professional boundaries lol. Afterwards she told me to pass a piece of paper to my lawyer, then she gave me my copy, which was evidence of being approved and then she said the green card was approved. She then proceeded with how in two years we need to get the conditions removed and how we would receive the card in 2-4 weeks. A couple of hours later I got a notice saying that the card was being produced. And let the church say...AMEN. 

Congrats on the approval! 

My case is also in Cincinnati, I got a notification on oct.2 that my case is ready to be scheduled.

Do you know how long you waited to get interview date after you received the “ case is ready to be scheduled for interview” notice? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.