1,939 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, zhelle said:

Just an update. I had my interview for GC this morning at 8:00 AM in San Antonio USCIS office and got approved on the spot. Few minutes after, the online website my status updated to new card being produced. The IO was very nice. Did nit ask us anything. Just verified some papers. But they did ask me an updated medical records. Good thing I followed one of the members here to do another medical before the interview. 

Hope all the July filers will get their GC soon. Happy new year indeed. And oh, I will be starting a new job too on Monday, Jan 7. Happy to start my 2019 right! 

God bless us all! 

wow congratulation , me  iam still waiting for the interview notice ,  San Antonio field office , Case received july 13 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey everyone, just giving an update here. 

After waiting for about 40 days for an interview to be scheduled for my wife. Local USCIS office is Denver and it appeared to me upon reviewing and reading here that this office is notorious for taking forever. Her AOS was changed to Interview was scheduled on Dec 31. We’re still waiting for this letter to arrive. Anyone know how far out interviews are scheduled?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, domokunrox said:

Hey everyone, just giving an update here. 

After waiting for about 40 days for an interview to be scheduled for my wife. Local USCIS office is Denver and it appeared to me upon reviewing and reading here that this office is notorious for taking forever. Her AOS was changed to Interview was scheduled on Dec 31. We’re still waiting for this letter to arrive. Anyone know how far out interviews are scheduled?

They're 4-5 weeks from the time you get the notification that interview is scheduled.
So expect your interview to be early February

Timeline
17 hours ago, emekus94 said:

They're 4-5 weeks from the time you get the notification that interview is scheduled.
So expect your interview to be early February

Thats good to know. My work is really inflexible with scheduling on a month to month basis and the more time I have, the better. Thanks.

Timeline

Hey everyone,

I got this letter in the mail today for my wife's Feb 5 interview.

I had a quick of question for everyone here.

The letter states that the applicant needs to bring "your Government issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card, in order to enter the building and to verify his/her identity at the time of the interview". Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but her foreign passport is the best thing to show for this, right? Seems like a dumb thing to get caught up on, but if we appear to this and they're looking for a  US state ID or driver's license. I can go ahead and point at this letter and say that it DOES NOT say that, right? A passport is issued by the government of the country she came from, her picture in it, and even her signature. Hence, its an identification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, domokunrox said:

Hey everyone,

The letter states that the applicant needs to bring "your Government issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card, in order to enter the building and to verify his/her identity at the time of the interview". Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but her foreign passport is the best thing to show for this, right? Seems like a dumb thing to get caught up on, but if we appear to this and they're looking for a  US state ID or driver's license. I can go ahead and point at this letter and say that it DOES NOT say that, right? A passport is issued by the government of the country she came from, her picture in it, and even her signature. Hence, its an identification.

bring both? If she's got both I'd bring them all just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trying to catch up with all the posts. Congrats to those who got their interview scheduled!
Seems like some offices are going fast now. Any New Orleans filer here? So hard to find people from my office. The last person I talked to that had their interview scheduled in my office was an April 2018 filer, hopefully they're actually in April, and not still in 2017 as there are many people who might still be waiting for interview or just haven't updated their timelines here on VJ!
Happy new year y'all!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, domokunrox said:

Hey everyone,

Passport works. No need for any US government ID.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, domokunrox said:

Hey everyone,

14 hours ago, RenataIzo said:

bring both? If she's got both I'd bring them all just in case.

A Passport IS a government issued ID
They are using a driver's license as an example here because many people don't walk around with their passports.

Bring whatever- as long as it is by a government and has your picture/other relevant info.
As Renatalzo said, can't hurt to bring both.

Many people still don't have a license by the time they have their interview,  so a passport is all they have.
Good luck!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, coreyjane said:

Hello July filers 🙂

I had my interview today and it was approved 🙂 the interview takes 10 minutes, the officer was really cool and didn’t ask too much question about me and my Husband 🙂 they didn’t ask for updated medical, lucky I didn’t get new on. For my EAD, I will get it today also 🙂 

Thank you so much guys for all the information, it really helps a lot. Hope whoever still waiting for EAD and interview you will get it Soon.

have a great day everyone 🙂 

Congratulations....

which was you Field Office??  did you need to bring an interpreter???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Joselio said:

Congratulations....

which was you Field Office??  did you need to bring an interpreter???

Syracuse, New York USCIS 🙂 No interpreter 🙂 

4 hours ago, coreyjane said:

Hello July filers 🙂

I had my interview today and it was approved 🙂 the interview takes 10 minutes, the officer was really cool and didn’t ask too much question about me and my Husband 🙂 they didn’t ask for updated medical, lucky I didn’t get new on. For my EAD, I will get it today also 🙂 

Thank you so much guys for all the information, it really helps a lot. Hope whoever still waiting for EAD and interview you will get it Soon.

have a great day everyone 🙂 

Congratulations 🎉🎉

Did they request the original medical ds 3025?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, NjK said:

Congratulations 🎉🎉

Did they request the original medical ds 3025?

Thank you 🙂 actually I send the original then i keep photo copy for me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.