1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, AOSjuly said:

Anyone from California bay area got a time line for AOS and EAD and AP? i filed the docs on 17 July 2018 and 18 Aug AOS updated "will scheduled for interview", EAD and AP still got nothing as the status still stating "received the case", called USCIS on phone today said my case still brand new even the name of local office is a secret to tell and the AOS processing time is 11- 23 months, thats literally two years????? but  I've been following the information in this forums and noticed that the AOS applications file around mid July 2018 from NC already received their interview date on this Septermber. so I'm out of my mind now .... 😏  why they don't send ppl to the other FO to average the workload which can expedite our case??? 

I came to the Bay Area in June and filed my AOS on June 28 (NOA July 4). AOS changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" on July 31. I submitted an EAD expedite request on Aug 6 and my EAD got approved today. You can at least have your EAD expedited if you already have a job offer. Not sure how long it takes to change from "ready for interview" to "interview scheduled."

24 minutes ago, qliu said:

I came to the Bay Area in June and filed my AOS on June 28 (NOA July 4). AOS changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" on July 31. I submitted an EAD expedite request on Aug 6 and my EAD got approved today. You can at least have your EAD expedited if you already have a job offer. Not sure how long it takes to change from "ready for interview" to "interview scheduled."

thx for the information darling, i think your FO San Jose is faster than mine in San Francisco, the agent on the phone told me that the time line for EAD and AP is 90days, since i don't have a job offer at the moment, and i clicked the SSN card along with EAD, which is now i have to wait for the approval of EAD combo card with SSN to apply for driving license and health insurance and etc... is a heck of a problem... 😌

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, AOSjuly said:

thx for the information darling, i think your FO San Jose is faster than mine in San Francisco, the agent on the phone told me that the time line for EAD and AP is 90days, since i don't have a job offer at the moment, and i clicked the SSN card along with EAD, which is now i have to wait for the approval of EAD combo card with SSN to apply for driving license and health insurance and etc... is a heck of a problem... 😌

I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll get the combo card soon! You can look for jobs at the moment since you'll be able to expedite once you have an offer. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, AOSjuly said:

Anyone from California bay area got a time line for AOS and EAD and AP? i filed the docs on 17 July 2018 and 18 Aug AOS updated "will scheduled for interview", EAD and AP still got nothing as the status still stating "received the case", called USCIS on phone today said my case still brand new even the name of local office is a secret to tell and the AOS processing time is 11- 23 months, thats literally two years????? but  I've been following the information in this forums and noticed that the AOS applications file around mid July 2018 from NC already received their interview date on this Septermber. so I'm out of my mind now .... 😏  why they don't send ppl to the other FO to average the workload which can expedite our case??? 

Your local office has NOTHING do with your EAD/AP
That's all the NBC. You have to wait in line there like everyone else unless you ask for an expedite. NBC processes EAD/AP kinda in order- think of them like the process to get NOA2.
They are currently working on about March/April filers right now so I say we got about another 3ish months to go

Your Local office only deals with your AOS/GC.

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, John and Janay said:

After 8 hours at the DMV they finally approved for his ID. We have his SSN so that kind of helped too. 

@Ana Maria mentioned that they got their's with an expiration date same as the I-94. However, John's I-94 is expired. So I have no idea what it will look like. They said we should receive in the mail in 7-10 days. Haven't gotten it yet, so we'll see. 

hmmm....interesting.

Maybe the states are different in their licensing.

Ana's North Carolina ID expiration is same date as I-94.

DMV dude says we come back in when we get new paperwork for USCIS with new dates???? I'm assuming temp. green card?

She never had a driver's license in Brasil...

We will try to go in for Driver's Permit test in September.

I'll bring what we have and the AOS NOA1 notices...see what they tell us.

I'm curious....rs

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ana Maria said:

hmmm....interesting.

Maybe the states are different in their licensing.

Ana's North Carolina ID expiration is same date as I-94.

DMV dude says we come back in when we get new paperwork for USCIS with new dates???? I'm assuming temp. green card?

She never had a driver's license in Brasil...

We will try to go in for Driver's Permit test in September.

I'll bring what we have and the AOS NOA1 notices...see what they tell us.

I'm curious....rs

Might be a state thing. John’s ID came in the mail yesterday and it’s good for a year. 

Hoping to take the drivers test next month too. He didn’t have a license in Brazil either so we’ve been practicing lol. He’s a natural to my surprise 😆

any word on your biometrics? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
my_logo.png

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of August 23, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to ___ to give us your new mailing address.

So I got an email that my case is ready to be scheduled. The above notice is what is on our USCIS profile. I hope that it means that we aren't in for too long of a wait for an interview if there is one. Kansas City, MO is my local office. Processing time for KC is 7 to 16 months. When I checked processing times there was information on how to interpret wait times. I'd never seen that page before and thought it was interesting. See link below. Also, does this mean we will have an interview? The email said that not all cases will have an interview, while still saying that my case is ready for an interview. I found that a bit confusing.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Im not sure if anyone else is going through the Philadelphia area for biometrics, but we had our appointment today and we were there for over an hour. 

Edited by Ls511271

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, naija_glam said:
my_logo.png

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of August 23, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to ___ to give us your new mailing address.

So I got an email that my case is ready to be scheduled. The above notice is what is on our USCIS profile. I hope that it means that we aren't in for too long of a wait for an interview if there is one. Kansas City, MO is my local office. Processing time for KC is 7 to 16 months. When I checked processing times there was information on how to interpret wait times. I'd never seen that page before and thought it was interesting. See link below. Also, does this mean we will have an interview? The email said that not all cases will have an interview, while still saying that my case is ready for an interview. I found that a bit confusing.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info

I think Kansas City moves quickly
I think ur interview would be scheduled in the next 2-3 weeks!
Congrats girl!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

I think Kansas City moves quickly
I think ur interview would be scheduled in the next 2-3 weeks!
Congrats girl!

Thanks dear, I hope it does move fast! I don't mind interviewing if it means getting his GC sooner 😃

20 hours ago, qliu said:

I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll get the combo card soon! You can look for jobs at the moment since you'll be able to expedite once you have an offer. :)

i hope so, i walk-in to SSA to apply for my SSN today, hopefully it will be on hand within a month time then i can at least apply for DL 

12 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Your local office has NOTHING do with your EAD/AP
That's all the NBC. You have to wait in line there like everyone else unless you ask for an expedite. NBC processes EAD/AP kinda in order- think of them like the process to get NOA2.
They are currently working on about March/April filers right now so I say we got about another 3ish months to go

Your Local office only deals with your AOS/GC.

i heard a different story on the phone with the service line yesterday, said EAD and AP are also depend to my local office, which was devastated me at that moment, SF is moving really slowwwwwww, anyway thats way i decided to walk-in to SSA to apply for SSN today, at least get my DL done or enroll to school while waiting . good luck on the waiting game 🤣 we are just about to get started for the long wait ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Christy&J said:

Guys ! I am so excited ! 

We got our interview date !!

Filed AOS with EAD and AP 18 July, biometric 10 August and interview 25 Sept !! OmG! 😍

Hopefully it wont be too long until I receive my card ! 

Congratulations! Where will you have the interview? 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

8 hours ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Congratulations! Where will you have the interview? 

Its kinda weird I had Biometric in Jacksonville but my interview will be in Charleston which is way too far away from where I live. But we are going ! Lol

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.