508 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bimmerguy said:

Fingerprint review was completed!!! That was all. I did receive a letter of extend 180 days, but my boss said that wasnt enough for him, cAuse i can not drive around with expired DL so there will be trouble for his business. I can not renew my car insurance due to expired DL also. Call USCIS and all i heard from them is your case is being review. 

What is your PD?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Bimmerguy said:

My PD is 09/28/2017 , it has been more than 220 days and since they received my EAD renewal request and nothing pop up yet....

You should get an interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks. 30 days after that for the interview.

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bimmerguy said:

Fingerprint review was completed!!! That was all. I did receive a letter of extend 180 days, but my boss said that wasnt enough for him, cAuse i can not drive around with expired DL so there will be trouble for his business. I can not renew my car insurance due to expired DL also. Call USCIS and all i heard from them is your case is being review. 

you can take that extension and renew your dl to the dmv .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I brought it to this location and they rejected it. They said there was not enough proof to renew my Driver license . I hope that i can get that interview letter soon enough. 

23A83E42-1E94-47E1-A818-06582221B055.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bimmerguy said:

I brought it to this location and they rejected it. They said there was not enough proof to renew my Driver license . I hope that i can get that interview letter soon enough. 

23A83E42-1E94-47E1-A818-06582221B055.png

iwent to the one in texas city the lady said she had to run it through the system  iwould get a letter and  a week later i got my letter saying to go get my lisence.

Timeline

So they rejected me kind of right away after 2 hour of waiting.... feeling so bad and went to online to check to see any similar case to mine, the result are a lot of people had the same problem. I could not understand what the **** USCIS is doing now... over 7 month with no renewal EAD card and more than 18 month for green card... my wife had to wait more than 14 month for her citizenship test and another 2 month for the oaths.... things is getting ridiculous with them right now.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bimmerguy said:

So they rejected me kind of right away after 2 hour of waiting.... feeling so bad and went to online to check to see any similar case to mine, the result are a lot of people had the same problem. I could not understand what the **** USCIS is doing now... over 7 month with no renewal EAD card and more than 18 month for green card... my wife had to wait more than 14 month for her citizenship test and another 2 month for the oaths.... things is getting ridiculous with them right now.

Which office?

Timeline

The DPS office that rejected me is the one on Veteran Memorial.... the rest of trouble is USCIS itself.... as i remember, there was some problem with IOE system... and my wife had to wait for more than 14 to 15 month for the citizenships test... now my turn to wait for more than 16 month for the green card interview.... there are major problem with USCIS system.... its stress me out by this waiting game from them... 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bimmerguy said:

The DPS office that rejected me is the one on Veteran Memorial.... the rest of trouble is USCIS itself.... as i remember, there was some problem with IOE system... and my wife had to wait for more than 14 to 15 month for the citizenships test... now my turn to wait for more than 16 month for the green card interview.... there are major problem with USCIS system.... its stress me out by this waiting game from them... 

Try another office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Houston, PD 07/05/2017. 
We had an interview yesterday morning at 11:40. Arrived at 11:35, checked-in and were called immediately. The lady officer was very nice and calm, she spoke mostly with me and my 22-y.o. daughter (K2). My husband did not get asked much. It felt more like a friendly casual conversation than an official interview. Standard Yes/No questions, few details about how we met, my and his family members' names, address, what I do, where my daughter went to school, etc. We brought the whole folder of documents (not a single photo) and the officer didn't ask us about anything particular. I took initiative and said I wanted to submit several documents. The officer was receptive. I submitted copies of our divorce decrees, which I had forgotten to send with the original I-485 petition and, surprisingly, had never been RFEed for that, updated medicals, joint bank accounts statements, and insurance. The officer said that everything looked good and she was going to approve us in the afternoon. The interview took 35 minutes. Upon leaving the USCIS office we got a text that our case status was updated to that of New Card is Being Produced. All in all, it was easier than I expected.

Edited by JSWH

Timeline
39 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Houston, PD 07/05/2017. 
We had an interview yesterday morning at 11:40. Arrived at 11:35, checked-in and were called immediately. The lady officer was very nice and calm, she spoke mostly with me and my 22-y.o. daughter (K2). My husband did not get asked much. It felt more like a friendly casual conversation than an official interview. Standard Yes/No questions, few details about how we met, my and his family members' names, address, what I do, where my daughter went to school, etc. We brought the whole folder of documents (not a single photo) and the officer didn't ask us about anything particular. I took initiative and said I wanted to submit several documents. The officer was receptive. I submitted copies of our divorce decrees, which I had forgotten to send with the original I-485 petition and, surprisingly, had never been RFEed for that, updated medicals, joint bank accounts statements, and insurance. The officer said that everything looked good and she was going to approve us in the afternoon. The interview took 35 minutes. Upon leaving the USCIS office we got a text that our case status was updated to that of New Card is Being Produced. All in all, it was easier than I expected.

congrats !!

On 1/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, Bimmerguy said:

You need to come back and insist them to run a SAVE CaseCheck (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements Program) you would be able to renew your DL license for another 180 days. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, JSWH said:

Houston, PD 07/05/2017. 

Congrats. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.